... just barely.

I have a Phantom Skin on my phone. I received my Seidio Innocase II today. I can confirm it does fit, but it's very very tight.

I would not recommend using both. The case started to pull up some of the edges of the skin. You basically can install the Innocase once if you're careful, but if you have to remove it to pull the battery, for example, you're going to mess up your skin.
    Last edited by ADay8945; 12-27-08 at 01:20 PM.
    12-27-08 01:12 PM
    Bump just so people don't miss this and start messing up their skins.
    12-27-08 04:23 PM
    Damn, are you serious? I just installed my phantom skin the other day and my inno2 is set to arrive on monday!

So can i keep the screen protector piece at least? Got any pics? Thanks
    12-27-08 04:54 PM
    Give us some pics.
    12-27-08 10:15 PM
    Since I have been thinking of getting the case. It brings up aquestion. Is there a way to do a reset of the phone without pulling the batt?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 01:12 AM
    Give us some pics.
    Post some pics please! I dont think its been posted on here... hows the case?
    12-28-08 01:16 AM
    Why would you need pics? All you'd see is a storm with the innocase on it and no PS visible under it. Wouldn't serve much purpose.
    12-28-08 02:04 AM
    Haha yeah I'm not sure what kind of pics you're looking for. I took the Innocase off my phone because it was pulling up on the corners of my skin.

Do you want pictures of the case itself?
    12-28-08 07:57 AM
    Damn, are you serious? I just installed my phantom skin the other day and my inno2 is set to arrive on monday!

So can i keep the screen protector piece at least? Got any pics? Thanks
    Yes you can keep the screen portion of the skin without issue.
    12-28-08 07:59 AM
    OP - would love your general thoughts on the case. Specifically wondering:
    - if it adds a lot of weight/thickness to the phone
    - if it's much more rigid than the standard silicone covers
    - if it seems to be attracting dust

Thanks a lot.
    12-28-08 08:16 AM
    OP - would love your general thoughts on the case. Specifically wondering:
    - if it adds a lot of weight/thickness to the phone
    - if it's much more rigid than the standard silicone covers
    - if it seems to be attracting dust

Thanks a lot.
    The case is quite thin, but the phone does feel heftier in your hand when the Innocase is on it.

It is MUCH more rigid than the VZW silicone covers. It's hard plastic.

It does not seem to attract dust like the silicone cover.
    12-28-08 08:46 AM
    The case is quite thin, but the phone does feel heftier in your hand when the Innocase is on it.

It is MUCH more rigid than the VZW silicone covers. It's hard plastic.

It does not seem to attract dust like the silicone cover.
    cool. thanks man. think i just might need to order one.
    12-28-08 08:52 AM
    Why would you need both the skinz and case?
    12-28-08 08:55 AM
    Also, one thing that I was pretty disappointed to learn is that the Innocase II doesn't slide onto the phone like it does for other phones. The instructions state very strongly not to do this. Instead you're supposed to put one side of the phone in the case, and then snap the other side in. The bottom of the case than slides on the phone and clips on. You have to put a pretty decent amount of force on the case to get it to snap onto the phone, and this is where you can damage your skin. It seems like repeatedly removing and reinstalling the case will cause the case to to weaken over time. Definitely a poor design choice by Seidio in my opinion. I'm sure there was a reason they did it, but it doesn't seem practical.
    12-28-08 01:24 PM
    Since I have been thinking of getting the case. It brings up aquestion. Is there a way to do a reset of the phone without pulling the batt?

dload soft reset or quick pull. both r free
    12-28-08 01:27 PM
    I have mine coming next week, I will let you know if PhantomSkinz and The Innocase will fit with just the screen portion on, that was my initial goal anyway.
    12-28-08 01:45 PM
    I have mine coming next week, I will let you know if PhantomSkinz and The Innocase will fit with just the screen portion on, that was my initial goal anyway.
    Dear god what's wrong with you people. HOW WOULD HAVING A SKIN ON THE SCREEN MAKE A HARD CASE IN ANY SHAPE, MANNER OR FORM NOT FIT??!!?!! THE SCREEN IS THE MAIN INTERFACE AND NO COMPANY WILL MAKE A CASE THAT WILL COVER THE TINIEST BIT OF IT!!!!!!!!

I'll make you a d@mn hard case right now out of sheet metal and plywood, then I'll put 37 PhantomSkinz on the screen oh and you know what? The case will fit because even I, in my infinite lack of knowledge regarding making cases for the BlackBerry Storm, will know enough not to have any of the hard case covering the one HUGE @SS BUTTON THAT MAKES UP THE STORM.*

*screen response my be limited with 30+ skins applied.
    12-28-08 02:01 PM
    LOL, the case doesn't cover the screen, obviously. So it obviously will fit.
    12-28-08 02:05 PM
    LOL, the case doesn't cover the screen, obviously. So it obviously will fit.
    ^^^The polite and patient version of what I said.
    12-28-08 02:21 PM
    dload soft reset or quick pull. both r free
    Awesome, thank you...

I couldn't get quick pull to work, but it appears the soft reset program does...
    12-29-08 08:53 AM
    OP, can you take a pic of the back side of the case? None of the online pictures have it shown........
    12-29-08 01:02 PM
    Also, one thing that I was pretty disappointed to learn is that the Innocase II doesn't slide onto the phone like it does for other phones. The instructions state very strongly not to do this. Instead you're supposed to put one side of the phone in the case, and then snap the other side in. The bottom of the case than slides on the phone and clips on. You have to put a pretty decent amount of force on the case to get it to snap onto the phone, and this is where you can damage your skin. It seems like repeatedly removing and reinstalling the case will cause the case to to weaken over time. Definitely a poor design choice by Seidio in my opinion. I'm sure there was a reason they did it, but it doesn't seem practical.
    ADay,

I'm sorry you were disappointed with the design, but there was good reason for it.

The Innocase II design was very popular with the iPhone 3G, so we wanted to design the top to simply slide on the same way, but because of the audio jack it wouldn't work.

This is why we went with the snap over design and slide-on bottom. The good news is, the materials we use for the case are quite flexible, so you should be fine removing the case.

We will also be offering a desktop cradle designed to work specifically with the Innocase so you won't have to remove anything.

Thanks,
    12-29-08 06:27 PM
    OP, can you take a pic of the back side of the case? None of the online pictures have it shown........
    Like this?

12-29-08 06:30 PM

QuickPull or SoftReset.....they both work and work well...but if you're restarting for anything other than low mem or just as a random daily reboot for freshness then you'll need to literally pull the battery (for a freeze or something similar).

Like this?

Me likey....just wish there was a circular cut out for the BB logo like the iPhone 3G one has. but it's all good.

how does the speaker play sound (to anyone who has gotten it today). Is there much muffling? or is it roughly the same?
    Last edited by CSSVT; 12-29-08 at 06:35 PM.
    12-29-08 06:32 PM
    We have added more pictures. here is the link

Seidioonline - Your Leading Manufacturer of Smartphone Accessories
    12-29-08 06:32 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD