How hard will the IS be to remove and will is leave any residue behind when removed?
    12-01-08 01:04 PM
    Did you had to remove original protection film, and how difficult was it?
    12-01-08 02:07 PM
    Just like all the other brands out there. It will be easier if you warm up the film first with a hair dryer (low setting). And then peel from the corner. That would be the easiest way. And of course it won't leave any residue behind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 03:57 PM
    Just remember also that you will see mirco bubbles under the IS.. Don't go crazy trying to get them out.. Once the IS has time to dry it will shrink a little bit and the micro bubbles will go away..
    12-01-08 04:09 PM
    I installed mine on Friday night.

Good results, I know I'll do better next time now that I hav experiance.

I like th "orange peel" on the body as it really feels like it improves grip, I can even lean my Phone against my desktop PC at work and it doesn't slide flat.

I do not care for the orange peel for the screen. Just a personal preferecne it seems to me that the same thing that improves grip slows my finger's "slide speed" across the screen.

the only other thing I don't like is there is no coverage on the 4 cornors of the device. the areas mostlikely to take the impact of a drop.
    the orange peel affect goes down a bit after a few days.. once it really cures to the phone..
    12-01-08 04:10 PM
    Put my IS on last night, looks great. Take your time when you put it on. Wash your hands, Wash your hands, Wash your hands, Wash your hands, use plenty of the spray and TAKE YOUR TIME.

12-01-08 07:28 PM
    Did you had to remove original protection film, and how difficult was it?
    very easy to remove and you must remove it before installing IS
    12-02-08 02:22 AM
    Put my IS on last night, looks great. Take your time when you put it on. Wash your hands, Wash your hands, Wash your hands, Wash your hands, use plenty of the spray and TAKE YOUR TIME.

agree 100%
    12-02-08 02:22 AM
    I installed the IS without removing the original Verizon film that comes with the phone---it still works fine. (I guess)

Should I remove both of them and reapply?
    12-02-08 09:59 AM
    I installed the IS without removing the original Verizon film that comes with the phone---it still works fine. (I guess)

Should I remove both of them and reapply?

if your storm works fine, leave it. If it does come off, you can send the IS back to them and they will send you another one at no cost
    12-03-08 01:53 PM
    Does the IS help with smudges and fingerprints on the screen from normal use?
    12-03-08 02:24 PM
    I had a LG Dare before my curve and hated the smudges and fingerprints, so I returned it and got my Curve. Now I'm returning the curve for the Storm!!
    12-03-08 02:27 PM
    Does the IS help with smudges and fingerprints on the screen from normal use?
    IMO - i say it does because you can use a cloth to wipe them off easy
    12-03-08 09:38 PM
    I'm an *****. I bought the IS today from best buy during my break and I was too stubborn to wait till I got home to put it on properly. I did it while sitting in my car and during some momentary lapse of reason I placed the IS, adhesive side down on my pants and some lint got stuck to it. Now the IS has settled fine but the lint and dust is trapped in between the screen and the IS. Doesn't look good, but at least I got some protection.

I know these things are protected by some sort of warranty. Will they replace it for me even though it was my fault?
    12-03-08 10:39 PM
    How come I can't see any of the pictures that anyone has attached?

I tried both Firefox and IE....

-sjf
    12-03-08 10:47 PM
    ??? no idea...i can see them
    12-03-08 11:04 PM
    yes they will send you a new one even if it is your fault. When i was installing mine i left my finger on the corner i peeled it from and didnt spray that because of my finger being there. This caused it to not stick, i called and they had no problem sending a new one.

Also everyone worried about the spray coming out and into the gaps, DON'T BE I used like 5 sprays and it gushed out i did not wipe it out and the phone was fine. Do not recommend not trying to wipe at all because I might of got lucky tho!
    12-03-08 11:40 PM
    Agree with you Jshankel13.
    12-04-08 11:34 PM
    so does anyone have any close up pics of the corners? I hear the IS doesn't cover the corners of the phone but the Phantom Skinz does.
    12-04-08 11:41 PM
    so does anyone have any close up pics of the corners? I hear the IS doesn't cover the corners of the phone but the Phantom Skinz does.
    you can see mine in the earlier post...you can see how close i got it to the corners

post #3
    Last edited by 808bb; 12-04-08 at 11:56 PM.
    12-04-08 11:54 PM
    i ordered the zagg but im putting it everywhere but on the screen because i already have the verizon screen protector
    12-04-08 11:55 PM
    Posted these in another thread but thought this thread was better suited:

BEFORE

AFTER

12-05-08 02:43 AM

Obviously I was trying to get as much reflection off the screen to make the orange peel more visible. When looking at the screen at a more direct angle, you don't notice the orange peel unless you're still looking for the reflections.

The first three picture are with the screen off.

The the rest were with the screen on with several looking more directly at the screen instead of at an angle. It does not distort the screen at all but the orange peel still can be noticed when looking at the reflection.

]

So far I'm having no problems with the screen. It is just as responsive as it was prior to the IS being applied.
    12-05-08 02:44 AM
    Great Pictures!!! What kind of camera do you shoot with?
    12-05-08 10:15 AM
    ordered invisble shild two days ago and ordered replacement yesterday.. both coming the 9th so hopefully the replacements better then my first.(also manager said coming in the original storm box and is brand new).. if so putting is on right away..
    12-05-08 05:34 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD