Checked there site this morning and it still wasn't for sale, checked it 10 mins ago and saw it for sale!

I just ordered my case and hopefully it will be at my house when i come back from vacation.

Is anyone else going to buy it?
    Last edited by Pickle_Me; 01-29-09 at 11:09 AM.
    01-28-09 07:41 PM
    Hmmm...I might, but I think I'll wait until I see some reviews from people like yourself
    01-28-09 07:52 PM
    Please be sure to post back with lots of pictures and your review of the device!!!
    01-28-09 07:53 PM
    Good God! That thing looks like a giant black brick! Do you have to use a lock and key to get the storm in and out?? lol Your storm should survive just about anything now.
    01-28-09 07:57 PM
    I am going to wait for some crackberry reviews, but overall i think yes. I have a lil dust under the screen so i might replace my storm first and then start my refurb with some hardcore otterbox protection.
    01-28-09 08:04 PM
    just placed my order 5 min ago. Can't wait.
    01-28-09 08:05 PM
    Toyed around with one when meeting with an otterbox rep the other day (they are attempting to get these into verizon stores, and not just listed on the vzw website) and the guys storm one was really nice. It is huge, yet very very sturdy adn well made. The only odd thing to me is the screen feels like it kinda sits deep in the case (not a bad thing, but does take getting used to). A great thing about it is the plastic cover over the screen, feels very nice and protected.
    01-28-09 08:09 PM
    I'm curious if the holster will put it into sleep mode.
    01-28-09 08:09 PM
    It does, the magnet is very strong, just as on the 8830 its got enough hold to keep the phone from even falling out when held upside down. You can feel the magnet lightly "release" when you pull it out of the holster.
    01-28-09 08:14 PM
    It does, the magnet is very strong, just as on the 8830 its got enough hold to keep the phone from even falling out when held upside down. You can feel the magnet lightly "release" when you pull it out of the holster.
    Thanks. Any idea when it's going to make it onto the vzw website? Then I can get my discount on it (I think)
    01-28-09 08:16 PM
    Those interested, here is the link

BlackBerry Storm Defender Case // OtterBox.com

I'm kind of interested because it covers the gaps, but it looks sooooooo thick. Since it covers the gaps and a very very tiny part of the screen, I wonder how it will affect pressing the corner.

Not to mention, trying to wipe grime/dust off. Doesnt look like you would be able to charge the phone while its in the holster.

Anyone know if the holster rotates or is it fixed?
    01-28-09 08:17 PM
    Toyed around with one when meeting with an otterbox rep the other day (they are attempting to get these into verizon stores, and not just listed on the vzw website) and the guys storm one was really nice. It is huge, yet very very sturdy adn well made. The only odd thing to me is the screen feels like it kinda sits deep in the case (not a bad thing, but does take getting used to). A great thing about it is the plastic cover over the screen, feels very nice and protected.
    This is something interesting and would like to see pictures of. The pictures they have doesnt even show it.
    01-28-09 08:20 PM
    Looks like it increases every dimension by about 5/16".

The site says that the holster clip rotates.
    Guys, use coupon code TECHBARGAINS20 for 20% off

Also can use MACWORLD09 for 15%

Just ordered mine, $47.72 shipped
    Also can use CW2008 for 10% off
    01-28-09 08:21 PM
    When I get mine, I will have a video and photos of the unboxing. Maybe I can make an official review for the CB site!
    01-28-09 08:27 PM
    This is something interesting and would like to see pictures of. The pictures they have doesnt even show it.
    no pictures are really gonna do much, as its hard to see. But just like any other otterbox case there is a plastic overlay that is held/sealed into place by the hard plastic snap on.
    01-28-09 08:29 PM
    Those interested, here is the link

BlackBerry Storm Defender Case // OtterBox.com

I'm kind of interested because it covers the gaps, but it looks sooooooo thick. Since it covers the gaps and a very very tiny part of the screen, I wonder how it will affect pressing the corner.

Not to mention, trying to wipe grime/dust off. Doesnt look like you would be able to charge the phone while its in the holster.

Anyone know if the holster rotates or is it fixed?
    There is a rubber "flap" that allows you to still charge the phone. You will not get any dust inside it as it'll be tightly sealed. If you've never had an otterbox before, it is a 3 part case. Part 1 being a plastic overlay that will fit over the phone on both sides so it kinda wraps over the top and bottom. After that it is tightly held into place by the hard snap on cover, which is in turn held together by the silicone cover.

Also yes the holster swivels.
    01-28-09 08:32 PM
    I will post pics when the case arrives
    01-28-09 08:36 PM
    +1 I'd like to see what the screen cover actually is. The description makes it sould like a "normal" screen protector...
    01-28-09 08:39 PM
    any idea if otterbox puts storm into sleep mode while in holster?
    01-28-09 08:45 PM
    hold on, i'll show ya'll a picture of the 8830's, its the exact same concept, just a different shell.
    01-28-09 08:46 PM
    Mine is on the way also...
    01-28-09 08:46 PM
    Are ya'll using the coupon codes I posted?
    01-28-09 08:49 PM
    any idea if otterbox puts storm into sleep mode while in holster?
    Already asked and answered...the answer is yes. Reading can also save you some money.
    01-28-09 08:51 PM
308 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD