For and From phillypharm, who has been patiently trying to get this app out in all the "official" app threads all over this Anarchy of a Storm Section....Tried it out today, absolutely smokin...so thank you phillypharm....

Free streaming radio app, that works fine on the Storm....

First thing, go here from your pc and create an account..
    FlyCast - Now your smartphone is complete

Then go here with your Storm browser, set all the permissions to allow..
    flycast OTA...

After the download is complete, go to options>advanced options>apps>menu key, disable compatibility..Click on the flycast avatar in the downloads thread, it will launch a log on, enter the login you set up from your pc and finish the install...

I highly recommend the blues station..
    Last edited by fonebrkr; 12-02-08 at 10:19 PM.
    12-02-08 07:20 PM
    Hey, it does work and works great! Thanks Philly and Fone! RadioIOAlt Rock Classics is highly recommended. Started with "Cake" The Distance....not a bad first song to hear when trying out the service.

I also want to point out that where my phone is at is not in a very good EV signal area, but FlyCast has been streaming flawlessly.
    Last edited by Vulcan500Rider; 12-02-08 at 08:00 PM.
    12-02-08 07:58 PM
    when i goto login on my storm I can enter my username, if i try to goto password just my help/close/switch application menu comes up. I cant even click login or cancel?
    12-02-08 08:26 PM
    when i goto login on my storm I can enter my username, if i try to goto password just my help/close/switch application menu comes up. I cant even click login or cancel?
    If you read post #1 closely, you have to click on a link on your PC and create an account.
    12-02-08 09:22 PM
    are there any apps that let you stream local radio stations? i could not get the moodio site to work with my local station.
    12-02-08 09:46 PM
    For and From phillypharm, who has been patiently trying to get this app out in all the "official" app threads all over this Anarchy of a Storm Section....Tried it out today, absolutely smokin...so thank you phillypharm....
    Hey, it does work and works great! Thanks Philly and Fone!
    lol thanks fone for making a new thread, this app really is awesome. i had sirius and now xm and just got tired of keeping a computer on at home to stream via orb. this gets the job done and has a good selection and it's free. UI looks good too.

but yeah i keep posting in all the "official" app threads we get daily haha

np vulcan. what year bike do u have? i love my kawi

12-02-08 10:11 PM
    Odd when i put in my username its fine, when i go to password I cant get to the line at all, I just keep getting the close/switch applicatioin menu anywhere I try to touch on the setup screen, even if I try to hit login it comes up. Did I screw up somewhere?
    12-02-08 10:13 PM
    Odd when i put in my username its fine, when i go to password I cant get to the line at all, I just keep getting the close/switch applicatioin menu anywhere I try to touch on the setup screen, even if I try to hit login it comes up. Did I screw up somewhere?
    I had the same problem. Its there but its behind the "Password" box.

go to options>advanced options>apps. scroll down to FlyCast and click the BB key>disable compatibility..

I did this and it worked perfectly, enjoy.
    12-02-08 10:16 PM
    Awesome app...thanks!
    12-02-08 10:27 PM
    A+ thx for the app
    12-02-08 11:03 PM
    This works great. Is there a way to get the information of the song/artist that is currently playing?
    12-02-08 11:06 PM
    amazing app! thx alot!
    12-02-08 11:19 PM
    Okay...I setup an account via pc, downloaded the link to my BB, went to login and it says, "invalid username/pass" what am I doing wrong...I even edited permission (if that helps). Thanks
    12-03-08 01:08 AM
    NM, I figured it out, I didn't set app. permissions so i uninstalled and reinstalled. When you choose a station is the volume automatically muted? Is there an option to correct this?
    12-03-08 01:37 AM
    Thanks for the link.
    12-03-08 01:52 AM
    NM, I figured it out, I didn't set app. permissions so i uninstalled and reinstalled. When you choose a station is the volume automatically muted? Is there an option to correct this?
    It appears to be, at least with the 5 I opened yesterday...
    12-03-08 07:49 AM
    bump.....need to have it on first page to find....
    12-03-08 08:45 AM
    How is this application compared to Moodio? I'm using Moodio right now and it's nice because I can get my local radio stations. Can you get locals with flycast?
    12-03-08 08:49 AM
    Very nice app!

I'm not getting stereo though with my Motorola S9 headphones through Flycast, but they work (in stereo) with everything else??
    12-03-08 09:10 AM
    I just noticed today, at least on some of the stations, the album art is showing up now, wasn't there yesterday.....Really liking the history thing too.
    12-03-08 11:06 AM
    I loaded it yesterday and it worked ok for a while, but now it doesn't seem to be able to connect. I also tried to disable compatibility and that caused it to lock up. I'll try again later, but maybe I need to uninstall/reinstall it...
    12-03-08 11:13 AM
    I loaded it yesterday and it worked ok for a while, but now it doesn't seem to be able to connect. I also tried to disable compatibility and that caused it to lock up. I'll try again later, but maybe I need to uninstall/reinstall it...
    Make sure you set the connection to edge when it opens, default it goes for wifi..
    I found that yesterday.
    12-03-08 11:15 AM
    Make sure you set the connection to edge when it opens, default it goes for wifi..
    I found that yesterday.
    Yeah, I saw that the default was "wi-fi preferred" or something like that and I switched it. Maybe I'll play with it some at lunch.
    12-03-08 11:20 AM
    wow, this ap works great! Now if they can get some more stations added!!
    12-03-08 12:06 PM
    Update: I tried it again with compatibility enabled and it locked up. Then I disabled compatibility and it works fine. Strange since that is opposite from how it was working before, but whatever. It works now.
    12-03-08 12:38 PM
139 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD