hmmm i think the link is wrong ?!
    12-18-08 11:23 PM
    lol yeah me too..
    12-18-08 11:24 PM
    What I see:

YAY!!!
    - My Free Memory went from 44.5MB max with OS .76, now it's at 49.6MB
    - Camera is faster, about .5-1 second lag after pressing shutter
    - Media Player allows you to scroll through the progress bar in a smoother and more refined fashion. And, the button doesn't disappear at the end of the progress bar.
    - Media Player is faster
    - Application Center icon is changed.
    - While listening to music on headphones (bluetooth in my case) and a call comes in, the phone screen doesn't disappear. Tried it a few times and it's worked well all those times. No more going to home screen and pressing green phone button to display the phone screen in this mode.
    - If using media player and phone rings, you talk and connect like normal. Returning to your media (automatically happens still) resumes play, but a message comes up saying that playback cannot occur during phone calls.
    - Browser is FASTER in both loading pages and accelerometer
    - Contacts have a blue background.
    - While screen is locked, pressing any key doesn't bring up any message to press the unlock button. Still locks/unlocks as normal.
    - Reboots fast with QuickPull/SoftReset/Battery Pull.

NOOOO!!!!
    - Bluetooth headphones don't work with video player!!!!
    - Mute button does not toggle between ring or vibrate when screen is locked
    - Everytime you plug in to your PC to charge/sync the media player will need to rescan... even if you make no changes to the microSD card

That is all so far.
    Last edited by drPheta; 12-19-08 at 10:02 PM.
    12-18-08 11:26 PM
    DrPheta summed it up...
    12-18-08 11:34 PM
    I have installed the software onto my computer and deleted the vendor.xml

When I open desktop manager it does not immediately recognize the new OS

So I go into application loader and select update software it then shows me the version I currently have installed and 4.7.0.83 and asks me to select which one I want installed so I select .83 it then tells me that there is no software update required for my phone....

Any help?
    12-18-08 11:35 PM
    disconnect from the internet then try again
    12-18-08 11:38 PM

So I go into application loader and select update software it then shows me the version I currently have installed and 4.7.0.83 and asks me to select which one I want installed so I select .83 it then tells me that there is no software update required for my phone....

Any help?
    Try removing your internet connection...and I didn't have to remove the vendor file seeing as how it's a verizon based upgrade.
    12-18-08 11:38 PM

Any help?
    I beleive I read somewhere that the desktop software still reaches out to the internet to check for versions, I would suggest unplugging or disabling the Network Connection of the computer and trying again.

this is what I had to do to get .76 installed.
    12-18-08 11:39 PM
    I did not del vendor.xml install went great. Everything is faster even the web does anyone have web pages loading faster?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 11:42 PM
    yes my web pages are loading way faster
    12-18-08 11:44 PM
    definitely faster in general
    12-18-08 11:46 PM
    I noticed that on that when I hide/move icons so I only have 16 showing that it no longer scrolls with my finger when I drag it on screen.

Also, key rate - didn't it just used to be slow/medium/fast. now there's medium fast and medium slow. Or was that always there and I'm dreaming?
    12-18-08 11:49 PM
    updating as I type. =-) thank CX or whom ever leaked!
    12-18-08 11:50 PM
    quick question for you guys, if you do a update is there a way to preserve your BB messenger contacts without having to reload the pins?
    12-18-08 11:50 PM
    Huge difference in the video player.

I now love my phone. before it was a love/hate relationship.
    12-18-08 11:53 PM
    "I noticed that on that when I hide/move icons so I only have 16 showing that it no longer scrolls with my finger when I drag it on screen."

That sucks. I kinda liked this feature.

Anyone notice any improvement in call quality? I get complaints of being hard to understand/hear on my Storm now (running .75 Official) and am hoping this call quality improves dramatically.
    12-18-08 11:54 PM
    Lol...not a lot of people I can call at this hour...I may have to wait till tomorrow to see if there's any quality improvements. I do know once I enhanced treble on the handset- it behaved a little better as far as reception went (but that was under .75)
    12-18-08 11:57 PM
    I hope this is not a stupid question, but when I have updated my phone from say 75 to 76 i have had to do a restore and use the backupfile I created. is this always normal in order to receive all my settings? I lost my password keeper passwords, browser disapeared, app center dissapeared and so did facebook. Should I expect to do this all the time? Sorry about typing, it sucks to type on your back with your laptop on your chest.
    12-18-08 11:59 PM
    Totally bummed that bluetooth audio is disabled in video playback.

There may be a standby mode. Left the phone for a few minutes untouched and it was "turned off," and had to press the power button to get it on.
    Last edited by drPheta; 12-19-08 at 12:02 AM.
    12-18-08 11:59 PM
    I noticed that on that when I hide/move icons so I only have 16 showing that it no longer scrolls with my finger when I drag it on screen.
    i noticed that too...liked that feature...

application center has changed too...icon and the whole look

12-19-08 12:05 AM
    The video doesn't look any faster than my Storm is right now on the leaked 4.7.0.75 version!
    12-19-08 12:06 AM
    my weatherbug no longer works.....
    can delete app center now .
    12-19-08 12:07 AM
    Um... Its definitely running slower than .75 was for me. Transitions are terrible from screen to screen and the loady icon stays on for longer than usual. I'll try a battery pull.
    12-19-08 12:11 AM
467 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD