I gave up on the business card fix because I found I had to switch cards out every week. One night, I got home a little drunk and was putting my storm down when I noticed a dime sitting on my night stand. On a whim, I grabbed the dime, opened my battery cover, threw out the card and just stuck that dime right on the center of the battery and closed it back up. I passed out shortly thereafter. When I woke up good and hangover, I remembered sticking a dime inside my phone. Well let me tell you. That was one of the best drunken decisions I have ever made. My phone clicks so crisp and firm. Its even click all over the screen gives me such good feedback that my typing speed has improved dramatically. I highly recommend this fix. Try it out and let me know what you think.
    Its been AMAZING FOR ME.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by pbar41; 05-25-09 at 09:07 PM.
    05-25-09 09:00 PM
    did you have a trouble spot before or was the whole screen not working?

T.I.A.

Tim
    05-25-09 09:03 PM
    kinda the same idea as the sticky dot fix. glad it worked for you
    05-25-09 09:04 PM
    just gave it a try. good for you getting drunk lol. works great. replaced my piece of a business card
    05-25-09 09:12 PM
    did you have a trouble spot before or was the whole screen not working?

T.I.A.

Tim
    Well. The bottom right hand side of the screen virtually had no click and after putting the dime ib I realized how badly the whole screen was because it is like night and day.

05-25-09 09:12 PM
    Im going to say that this would probably work and I would try it but Im going to say that it will scratch the s*** out of the inside of the backing.
    05-25-09 09:18 PM
    ha this actually does work pretty good but i feel like its bending my battery cover :/
    05-25-09 09:22 PM
    Im going to say that this would probably work and I would try it but Im going to say that it will scratch the s*** out of the inside of the backing.
    ....and....?
    05-25-09 09:23 PM
    Well. The bottom right hand side of the screen virtually had no click and after putting the dime ib I realized how badly the whole screen was because it is like night and day.

I was wondering if that would fix that area... its not even under the battery. I will try that for sure.
    05-25-09 09:25 PM
    ....and....?
    I like to take care of my stuff
    05-25-09 09:30 PM
    Jut put one in and it is amazing... Actually makes the click sound
    Thanks fr the tip

05-25-09 09:30 PM
    Like I said I just did it and no scratches for me idk about urs but even if it did it is just the INSIDE

05-25-09 09:31 PM
    could tape it if you thought it might move around. that might make it too thick though.. hmmm
    05-25-09 09:34 PM
    could tape it if you thought it might move around. that might make it too thick though.. hmmm
    Super glue is our friend lol

05-25-09 09:39 PM
    Super glue is our friend lol

did someone say JB Weld
    05-25-09 09:43 PM
    I would be a little worried about the metal getting hot. Just my opinion, but I feel the electric tape fix (2-3 stacked pieces of electric tape on the inside of the battery color) works just as well.

But if it works for you, and it doesn't appear to be doing any damage, then more power to you.
    05-25-09 09:46 PM
    Wow this makes the screen way more functional for me. I'm just a little worried about the battery cover bending the way it is.
    05-25-09 09:51 PM
    I didn't notice TBE slight bend on the battery cover. Maybe a little noticeable but th crisp clicking is awesome. I think I can live with the slight lift the dime gives it. To me its better than any other "fix" I've used.

05-26-09 11:23 AM
    I know this is going against the original post but as I suggested in another thread, I took a piece of velcro with an adhesive backing about the size of a postage stamp and adhered it to the inside of my cover so it would push directly against the battery. This isn't nearly as hard on the cover's latches and wont move around and wont scratch and you can take it off anytime, unlike JB Weld? Geez! This ain't rocket science, but it ain't duck tape and bailing wire either! The storm isn't a toy, nor is it cheap. You should try to take care of it, in my opinion at least. But I'm sure someone would disagree with me.
    05-26-09 11:31 AM
    One night, I got home a little drunk and was putting my storm down when I noticed a dime sitting on my night stand ...
    The Power of Positive Drinking.
    05-26-09 11:34 AM
    did someone say JB Weld
    Ha JB Weld!

That's great!
    05-26-09 11:37 AM
    did someone say JB Weld
    haha good call
    05-26-09 12:02 PM
    I could tell that the dime was putting way too much pressure on the back of the screen and it made it completely inoperable, so I switched back to a post-it note.
    05-26-09 12:27 PM
    LOL a phone that needs a business card or DIME to operate properly?

Seriously, this phone is a wreck.

05-26-09 12:30 PM
    Which currency did you use? Given our current economic crisis, I'm not sure if I could afford to waste an American dime on my Storm.
    05-26-09 12:37 PM
202 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD