I don't carry insurance on my Storm and I didn't plan on running a case. However, I dropped my phone the other day, and gouged the fake chrome. I decided I'd be better of with a case. I picked this Incipio case up from Verizon today.

I didn't see anything on the forum, so I thought I'd post the details here. It's a silicon case, and has a hard plastic shell that that protects the sides and back. All of the side and top buttons are covered in silicon too. But they're just as easy to push with the case as they were without.

My only complaint about the case is that it puts the phone to sleep and I have to push the buttons repeatedly to get it to wake up. I'm not sure if the phone can disable this or not.

The case was $33 and it included a small cloth and a screen protector.

Without the shell:

02-23-09 12:54 PM
    nice looking case... I don't see a magnet, how does it put it to sleep?
    02-23-09 01:04 PM
    02-23-09 01:06 PM
    It could be my imagination, but I have to hold a button or press a button repeatedly to get the screen to come on. I don't know the details of the case.
    02-23-09 01:07 PM

Pretty much. That one has a smooth back and mine has a pattern cut into the back. I'd probably prefer smooth though.

Edit: On second thought, that is just a silicon case. Mine has a hard shell.

This looks more like the case I have.
    Last edited by jeepguy_1980; 02-23-09 at 08:23 PM.
    02-23-09 07:34 PM
    i likes! I can't say much about this freakin invisishield crap I have on my phone. makes it look ugly. This however, looks very nice and sleek.
    02-23-09 08:19 PM
    It could be my imagination, but I have to hold a button or press a button repeatedly to get the screen to come on. I don't know the details of the case.
    I dont' see anywhere where it puts the phone to sleep....
    02-24-09 01:03 AM
    I dont' see anywhere where it puts the phone to sleep....
    I know. I just ran a magnet across my case and it wasn't magnetic at all. So it must be a performance issue with my phone, or my imagination.
    02-24-09 03:07 PM
    So does this stretch over the phone like a regular silicone case, and then you snap the hard back on?
    02-24-09 03:10 PM
    So does this stretch over the phone like a regular silicone case, and then you snap the hard back on?
    Yes. The last picture I posted is of the silicon case without the plastic shell.
    02-24-09 05:17 PM
    Just wanted to make sure I wasn't totally missing something. That'd be really nice because the problem with hard cases is the clips along the sides wearing out, but this seems like a happy medium.
    02-25-09 11:43 AM
    Hi,

I just ordered two of the Incipio cases.
    One in black for me and purple for the wife.
    02-25-09 01:49 PM
    thats a sweet looking case i may return my silicone one for this one. Looking at the pics it seems the case adds alot of bulk to the phone can you confirm this for me.
    03-02-09 10:27 PM
    It adds about 1/4" to the length and width, and is only slightly thicker.

I honestly didn't notice the bulk at first. It wasn't until the first time I removed it from the case and used the phone that I realized how much bulk the case added.
    03-02-09 10:55 PM
    you said you got this case from a Verizon store? I saw your posts and checked at a couple of my local stores and could not find any (coporate stores). I like the looks of this case and would like to pick it up at a vzw store w/ my discount.
    03-02-09 11:09 PM
    Yeah, I got it from a Verizon store. I have no idea if it's a corporate store or not. I doubt it, b/c it's kind of a ghetto store.
    03-03-09 08:55 AM
    That is one sexy case, I'm seriously considering purchasing both - I really like the pattern.

By the way, I really appreciate you taking the time to post photos of the case, you pretty much sealed the deal for me with those. This is by far one of the best I've seen offered.
    Last edited by TheLastOf; 03-03-09 at 09:13 AM.
    03-03-09 09:06 AM
    Looks pretty nice to me as well...

Curious. How much thicker it is compared to the OEM silicon case you can get at a Verizon store?

I'm happy with the thickness of the silicon case (using it now)... I just want something thats a little easier to slip into my pocket. The silicon isn't quite as rigid as I'd like.
    03-09-09 04:12 PM
    I got mine at www . thecellguru . com.
    03-09-09 05:30 PM
    I finally ordered this! It'll be here Tuesday. I hope I like it!
    04-03-09 11:53 AM
    so what about the sleeping issue?
    04-03-09 12:05 PM
    Yes indeed it's a nice case. Between this one and the OB case you guys are trying to make me leave my Seidio Inn 1 and holster in a draw some place. If my Inn 1 ever breaks it's a toss up between OB and this case.
    04-03-09 12:13 PM
    so what about the sleeping issue?
    I have stopped using the case. It looks nice and really protects the phone. However, my phone runs really slow when I use this case. It doesn't go to sleep, but it responds really slowly. It usually takes a long or repeated button pushes to wake the phone up and the phone is slow to do anything with the case. I think it overheats the phone and causes it to run slower.

I have tested this through multiple OS builds.
    04-03-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD