I understand that's a relative term, but i see people saying "i dont know what you are talking about, my device is perfect" and so on.

So im wondering if my expectations are too high? or are there really "flawless" phones out there, and i just have a defect?

When you switch apps, is it laggy? or does it snap in/out like the curve?

When you play a video and then tap the screen to bring up the stop button, does it not show up right away? Then after you hit the stop button, does it take about 6 seconds to actually stop the video?

Do you occasionally pull the phone out of your pocket and see "app error" in small print on an all white screen, forcing a battery pull?

Are you occasionally in the middle of something and all of a sudden everything becomes non responsive and you must do a bat pull?

There are others that i experience, but i think most people i talk to have these ones ... id like to find out if there are devices or models floating around that do not have these issues. Because IMO i couldn't call a device "flawless" if it had any of the above.
    12-29-08 05:16 PM
    I hear crickets
    12-29-08 05:19 PM
    Hmmm, I must admit my BB Storm has been flawless. It is the operator that has issues. Not understanding all the "lingo" just makes it frustrating. Since I have a sleep issue it only took a few sleepless nights to conquer the STORM.
    12-29-08 05:20 PM
    So far so good had since 21 nov at 6 am est
    12-29-08 05:21 PM
    My storm gets slow but I haven't had any of those problems. Sounds like yours is particularly bad. What OS are you using?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 05:23 PM
    Hmmm, I must admit my BB Storm has been flawless. It is the operator that has issues. Not understanding all the "lingo" just makes it frustrating. Since I have a sleep issue it only took a few sleepless nights to conquer the STORM.
    you have absolutely none of those issues above?

If that the case, i definitely have a defective device. OR my idea of lag, and your idea of lag are 2 very different things.

And i dont understand what lingo has to do with random freezes? I pull it out of my pocket and its a white screen showing "app error". Whether i had the phone locked or not. This isnt once, but multiple times on multiple OS versions.

Have you not had that issue either?
    I have a flawless working device. My wifes has one as well, IMHO, but it does lag from time to time so maybe that disqualifies it.
    Mines a bit laggy from time to time but I haven't had any real trouble with it at all.... Then again, Ive only had it for a week, so far, so good
    12-29-08 05:25 PM
    I would consider my device as close to flawless as a phone could be. It is a piece of software, written on to hardware that bounces around with me all day. I say one or two battery pulls a week due to wierd quirks is pretty damn good. I use the crap out of this thing though. I use about 3,000 minutes a month, probably about 100 emails per day, fair bit of web browsing, and BBM. I use just about every feature on here, and use it like crazy. One or two freeze ups per week is good to me.

Come to think of it, I actually haven't done a battery pull for about two weeks.
    12-29-08 05:27 PM
    oh yeah, I got mine on launch day at 7:00 AM.
    12-29-08 05:27 PM
    I wouldn't say my Storm was completely flawless, but it's a great working phone. I am more than happy with it.
    12-29-08 05:28 PM
    Mine works exceptionally well. Minus some minor slow down and crashes here and there, the hardware has been great and my screen click is ridiculously solid. (shoving mad paper in front of the battery as well as behind it works very well)
    12-29-08 05:29 PM
    Phone was totally buggy and lagging badly just yesterday...all of a sudden, it's absolutely perfect today. I have Visual Arts running constantly in the background and it's still very snappy and responsive. Battery life is even wonderful. I'm just making sure I completely close out all apps when I'm done. Totally flawless today...hopefully from now on. Running Version .75
    12-29-08 05:32 PM
    How do you even know your device is flawless?? Usually it happens with the HW version number (revision). Does anyone know which HW version is the latest? I got mine on Dec 11, not sure if that's the latest and greatest, but everyone keeps talking about flawless, etc, so I am curious...
    12-29-08 05:32 PM
    Not quite perfect, but pretty close. The only problem I have that you listed is that three times since November 24th I have had an application freeze...two of them were from BB Maps and one was while taking video.

When I play video and tap on the screen, the menu pops up instantly, programs respond quickly, and I have never had any weird messages while removing the Storm from a pocket.

I have not had any problems the past three days!
    12-29-08 05:36 PM
    Mines been pretty flawless since I've gotten my new one..... The first one I had sucked but I'm very happy with this one its like a different device

12-29-08 05:38 PM
    Well that about settles it, i guess i either have ridiculous expectations on how it should perform, or i have a defective device. I used my step fathers Curve (first one i ever touched) and i was like WOW it switches apps fast!? Its THAT responsive?!

Not to mention im doing no less than 1 or 2 battery pulls per day, and occasionally up to 4! For various reasons.

sounds like a defect since you all do in fact have flawless phones
    12-29-08 05:39 PM
    I wouldn't say mines 'flawless', but I have had very few problems. I think those folks who had realistic expectations for this phone are probably pretty happy with it. Those who expected this thing to work without a glitch and be lightning quick out of the box are probably the ones sending them back and badmouthing them.
    12-29-08 05:41 PM
    I would consider my device as close to flawless as a phone could be. It is a piece of software, written on to hardware that bounces around with me all day. I say one or two battery pulls a week due to wierd quirks is pretty damn good. I use the crap out of this thing though. I use about 3,000 minutes a month, probably about 100 emails per day, fair bit of web browsing, and BBM. I use just about every feature on here, and use it like crazy. One or two freeze ups per week is good to me.

Come to think of it, I actually haven't done a battery pull for about two weeks.
    this is impressive bud! I barely use my device and i have all these issues lol.

yesterday i did 5 mails, 12 phone calls, 1 SMS, 1 MMS, played word mole for about 20min

and all in total i did i think 3 battery pulls yesterday because it froze, either i was in the middle of something, or i pulled it out of pocket and it was already froze.
    12-29-08 05:41 PM
    I do, I have v4.7.0.85 running and its flawless, no clicking problems or speed issues at all. I love me Storm!

12-29-08 05:42 PM
    BTW there is no such thing as a flawless phone, even the famed iphone has crashing issues.

But for the most part, my .85 os storm seems to be 99% perfect.

I did do the torx fix to make the screen easier to press, now that its been 3 weeks since i have done it, its loosend up and im going to tighten them down a tiny bit.

12-29-08 05:44 PM
    My first storm was rebooting about 8 times a day when the screen would dim. Went to VZ and got a new one and I have had only one small problem since. I let the phone sit for a while and noticed that it never dimmed the screen. Very minor issue but was fixed after I started messaging. It seems that there are a lot of defective phones floating around there.
    12-29-08 05:51 PM
    I would say I have a nearly flawless device. I've had none of the issues the OP reports. The only problem I had was the "sim card rejected" message, which went away with a power off/on.

I've not done a single battery pull in the two weeks that I've had the Storm.
    12-29-08 05:52 PM
    my baby, i mean Blackberry is perfect just the way she is.
    12-29-08 05:53 PM
    Bought phone on 11-21 and haven't had any problems. I'm running.85.
    12-29-08 05:53 PM
142 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD