they have released the code all you have to do is call 1-888-844-0395 have a great day stormers this is my first trend!!!!!
    11-24-08 03:32 PM
    Let me know how it goes im loving it! tmobile!
    11-24-08 03:37 PM
    YUCK...T-Mobile stinks! and only EDGE, even worse.
    scmosher likes this.
    11-24-08 03:39 PM
    Unlocked my baby about two hours ago. Wheee!
    11-24-08 03:51 PM
    i called the number and they said they cant unlock the storm was there something i sould have told them i said im going out the country and i want to use the phone with a chiness sim card and they said they cant
    11-24-08 05:29 PM
    Confirmed that this number works. My Storm is unlocked and confirmed it works on T-Mobile (Did not test data as I don't have data services with TMO). Also confirmed it works with Vodafone UK SIM and a Heyah! prepaid SIM from Poland.
    11-24-08 06:09 PM
    I believe the only contingency is that you have to have been a Verizon subscriber for a certain period and a good billing history for sixty days.
    11-24-08 06:11 PM
    just try agian and tell them that you are going to use a different sim!
    11-24-08 06:44 PM
    I called them and told them I would cancel and go to T mobile if they didn't give me free access to my SIM slot. They put me on hold and came back and gave me the unlock code. Simple.
    11-24-08 07:08 PM
    thanks MikeP1!! I just got off the phone with VZW and my code! yipee!! now to play...
    11-24-08 07:46 PM
    just did it tnx so much
    11-24-08 07:48 PM
    I just called and got mine unlocked no questions asked. The rep also mentioned the "maintenance release 1" that's coming out the first week of December. He said its supposed to fix the accelerometer lag and speed things up a bit.
    Last edited by crashovrride; 11-24-08 at 08:15 PM.
    11-24-08 08:08 PM
    im glad you guys and gals are getting the code just spread the word around i am now a crackberry member! yes!
    11-24-08 09:18 PM
    I got the phone unlock but i don't have any data ....has anyone got the data to work
    11-25-08 12:16 PM
    is it a universial code? or is the code for each phone different?
    11-25-08 12:35 PM
    embarresed to ask but why unlock your storm? unless you want to go to a different provider? are there any other benefits for unlocking it? thanks
    11-25-08 12:40 PM
    I'd like to know that too...Any benefit to unlocking for any reason other than carrier changes? Any speed benefit? Any secret benefits to doing it?
    11-25-08 12:43 PM
    I did not anticipate the ability to unlock this device. But there are a few benefits for me directly. I have a second mobile number on T-Mobile, that I use very rarely, and I hate carrying a second phone around with me just for the times I need to make a call on it. With my Storm now unlocked, I can keep that T-Mobile SIM in it and switch over to that number when I need it and switch back when I'm finished. No need for my second phone anymore.

In addition to that, when I travel abroad I typically purchase a SIM card in the country I'm visiting. Usually just a cheap pre-paid SIM that I'll use while on that trip. The rates are extremely cheaper than paying International roaming rates. Usually you can always find a provider that has very cheap rates back to the states. Ie. TalkMobile in the United Kingdom. It was about 5 Pence a minute (10 cents) to call to the United States, this beats the roaming rate of what I'm imagining is at least .99 or more likely 1.99 to call back home. In addition, you can make local calls in that country without paying the ridiculous roaming charges. It's just better business to purchase a pre-paid SIM in countries you visit. And now we can do that with our Storm.

Great benefits to unlocking it.
    11-25-08 01:07 PM
    I just unlocked mine. No problem at all. Told them I was travelling to Europe. No questions asked. You will need to call. The process is easy but there are so many buttons to press and follow that it would not be easy to list them here. Also, each phone probably has a different identifier on it. No idea if it will help but I've done it anyway.
    11-25-08 01:24 PM
    did mine too. iam not a vzw customer but got the code. took about 25min of talking and finally my storm works with att sim. verry happy so far
    11-25-08 04:21 PM
    New subscribers should try to do this as well. I just did it and got the speech about being a new subscriber, etc. I gave them my hollow threat of cancelling during my 30 days and they walked me through the unlock procedure.

Take advantage of the 30 days cancellation threat while you have it.
    11-25-08 05:24 PM
    awesome post. just called that # and got it unlocked. whole process took about 5 mins.
    11-25-08 05:40 PM
    I did not anticipate the ability to unlock this device. But there are a few benefits for me directly. I have a second mobile number on T-Mobile, that I use very rarely, and I hate carrying a second phone around with me just for the times I need to make a call on it. With my Storm now unlocked, I can keep that T-Mobile SIM in it and switch over to that number when I need it and switch back when I'm finished. No need for my second phone anymore.

In addition to that, when I travel abroad I typically purchase a SIM card in the country I'm visiting. Usually just a cheap pre-paid SIM that I'll use while on that trip. The rates are extremely cheaper than paying International roaming rates. Usually you can always find a provider that has very cheap rates back to the states. Ie. TalkMobile in the United Kingdom. It was about 5 Pence a minute (10 cents) to call to the United States, this beats the roaming rate of what I'm imagining is at least .99 or more likely 1.99 to call back home. In addition, you can make local calls in that country without paying the ridiculous roaming charges. It's just better business to purchase a pre-paid SIM in countries you visit. And now we can do that with our Storm.

Great benefits to unlocking it.
    I'm in the same situation too. I have a 2nd line with AT&T. It's on a family plan with another family member and I only make about 2-3 calls a week on that line.

I'm new to this worldphone thingy and I am curious... If you unlock your Verizon Storm, insert an AT&T simcard, can you use your Verizon number and AT&T number simultaneously? For example, can you be talking on your Verizon line and if somebody calls your AT&T line, the call would come through as a call waiting? Or, do you have to deactivate one and activate the other?
    11-25-08 05:51 PM
    I called them and told them I would cancel and go to T mobile if they didn't give me free access to my SIM slot. They put me on hold and came back and gave me the unlock code. Simple.

LMAOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats how to get it done! Im loving it
    11-25-08 05:58 PM
    Does anybody know if the GSM band and the CDMA band can be used simultaneously?
    Last edited by wangster; 11-25-08 at 07:52 PM.
    11-25-08 07:32 PM
2,692 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD