So if your like me you have probably been on the phone with VZW representatives who don't know diddly on how to fix the random VVmail problem after the .75 update.

Problem:
    My VVMail failed to work after the .75 update. I could get to the login screen however the program would not let me login. It would highlight the button but the program would not go further.

Solution:
    Step 1:
    Back-up your data

Step 2:Wipe the hand held

To erase all the data on your BlackBerry device, complete the following steps. This option is available with BlackBerry Device Software 3.8 and later.

1. In the device Options, click Security. If you are using BlackBerry Device Software 4.1, click Security Options > General Security.
    2. Click the trackwheel and select Wipe Handheld.
    3. Click Continue.
    4. Type blackberry. All the data on the BlackBerry device is erased.

Step 3:
    Connect your handled to the Desktop software. Check for updates and reload all apps, and application center.

Step 4:
    On handheld go to Options/Advanced/Host Routing Tables options
    Once on the Host Routing table options screen. Press the Blackberry button and select the option (register now)

Step 5:
    IN application center. select and download VVmail.

Step 6:
    Restore your device from previous backup
    12-21-08 09:19 PM
    The issues that I am having wit the VMM since I upgraded away from .75 to
    .83 to .85 is that I cannot setup an ring tone profile for it. In the ring ton e settings, I show, Phone, Messages, Instant Messages, Reminders, & Browser. Everyone else I have spoken with has "Other" as the last one. WTF? How can I fix this???
    12-28-08 12:18 AM
    yea, my reccomendation, Battery Pulls, many of them, it takes several to load .85 correctly for some reason.
    12-28-08 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD