I have an unlocked Storm 9530. But I can't locate my browser. I have an internet plan for T Mobile. But I can't do anything associated with the internet.
    01-23-09 12:58 AM
    with verizon, the browser logo does not appear until you have completed the "setup wizard" on the phone....even then sometimes i have had to do a battery pull/reset for it to register completely.
    01-23-09 01:09 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/storm-t...m-95xx-106023/ go here its the forum with the how to on unlocking your storm on tmo and getting it to work.
    Last edited by cuban_dudeca; 01-23-09 at 01:18 AM.
    01-23-09 01:16 AM
    unlocking a beast of a BB to be used on T Mobile is hilarious.....I am sorry but the thought itself is actually making me laugh.

Have fun with that.
    Last edited by The.Godfather; 01-23-09 at 06:58 AM.
    01-23-09 06:53 AM
    another loyal Verizon customer. That makes me laugh... the storm works great on t-mobile. Only thing it's lacking is the 3g network.
    01-23-09 08:17 AM
    Ignore that guy, he is the Verizon FanBoy Almighty! Look at his posts All he does here is go around praising Verizon and insulting you and your choice. I'm pretty sure he has Verizon sheets on his bed.
    01-23-09 08:22 AM
    Yeah... nothing but t-mo bashing.

I don't get why people care if we want to use our storms on T-Mobile!!!
    01-23-09 09:43 AM
    Ignore that guy, he is the Verizon FanBoy Almighty! Look at his posts All he does here is go around praising Verizon and insulting you and your choice. I'm pretty sure he has Verizon sheets on his bed.
    Lmao you just made me spit the milk back into my cereal.
    01-23-09 09:48 AM
    Only downside of the Storm network is that it only supports EV-DO rev.a for CDMA network but only EDGE for GSM. They should of at least added the 3G bandwidth onto the Storm since it already has everything else.
    01-23-09 09:56 AM
    I am presently using the Storm on the AT&T network and really am not having any more trouble with mine than those on Verizon. I have this because I like the Storm and using it until they finally come out with the GSM version.

BTW, thanks again to pltaylor for the instructions on how to get the Storm to work on AT&T. With every OS upgrade it has worked like a charm!! You are the best!
    01-23-09 09:57 AM
    unlocking a beast of a BB to be used on T Mobile is hilarious.....I am sorry but the thought itself is actually making me laugh.

Have fun with that.
    Exactly tmoblie is the ford pinto of cell phone companies, why would anyone want ot use them they have horrible coverage.
    01-23-09 10:35 AM
    Exactly tmoblie is the ford pinto of cell phone companies, why would anyone want ot use them they have horrible coverage.
    Depends on where you are. They have excellent pricing, great customer service and AFAIK they are the only US carrier that offers UMA calling.
    01-23-09 11:01 AM
    another loyal Verizon customer. That makes me laugh... the storm works great on t-mobile. Only thing it's lacking is the 3g network.
    and coverage area....
    01-23-09 11:49 AM
    Do you spend all your time in Alaska hanging out with the other collective group of senseless residents of this country, sarah palin and friends!?

I don't quite think it to be fair to knock a single company for bad coverage because If I visit my mothers house in NC I don't get service at all from Verizon... Hence, to me... useless. But I'm not being a dik going around talking about how bad they are, am I now!? Nope, just talking about you being a dik instead.

Oh and let's keep in mind that I pay $160 a month for two storms on TMobile whereas you're probably paying around $220-$240. Even with my 20% off because of where I work, for Verizon, it's still not worth it.
    Last edited by extremeconcepts; 01-23-09 at 12:21 PM.
    01-23-09 12:16 PM
    Do you spend all your time in Alaska hanging out with the other collective group of senseless residents of this country, sarah palin and friends!?

I don't quite think it to be fair to knock a single company for bad coverage because If I visit my mothers house in NC I don't get service at all from Verizon... Hence, to me... useless. But I'm not being a dik going around talking about how bad they are, am I now!? Nope, just talking about you being a dik instead.

Oh and let's keep in mind that I pay $160 a month for two storms on TMobile whereas you're probably paying around $220-$240. Even with my 20% off because of where I work, for Verizon, it's still not worth it.
    I HAD tmobile for less than 4 hours and returned their garbage equipment because I couldn't even get reception at my house with a tower with in 5 miles AFTER trying 3 different phones so yeah their service sucks.

Oh and nice try on the $220-240 a month phone bill, actually I pay $89.98 a month with the data plan so......you're dumb
    01-23-09 01:27 PM

Have fun with that.
    Why would you say that? Did you know that I am getting 3g speeds on my T-Mobile Storm? My Storm operates flawlessly at high speed on T-Mobile, the only thing you give up is proprietary apps VZ Navigator, etc... and tethering.

I dont understand why everyone thinks T-mobile has a crappy network, I live is Southern California and it fully supports 3g, dont be fooled by the EDGE in the upper corner, it is running at full 3G.

I compared a Verizon Storm to my T-Mobile Storm head to head and the connection speeds are EXACTLY the same. I talked with the T-Mobile rep and he confirmed we are full 3G and have been since the release of the G1. It is unfortunate that T-Mobile does not have a 3G compatible blackberry but unlock and Storm and the problem is solved!
    Last edited by lvumlow; 01-23-09 at 03:57 PM.
    01-23-09 03:52 PM
    I HAD tmobile for less than 4 hours and returned their garbage equipment because I couldn't even get reception at my house with a tower with in 5 miles AFTER trying 3 different phones so yeah their service sucks.

Oh and nice try on the $220-240 a month phone bill, actually I pay $89.98 a month with the data plan so......you're dumb
    You're a moron. IMO you can't make such a broad statement about a wireless carrier unless you've traveled all over the country with your phone. Considering you got rid of it after four hours, I know you haven't with T-Mobile. And given your current outlook on life and how you like to act like your above other people, I'm pretty confident that you haven't learned anything outside that little box you live in. LMAO. I live in CA and the coverage here is flawless... So you being lame and saying that T-Mobile sucks just because it doesn't work where you live is amusing. Not every carrier can be everywhere and that was my point of your absolutely ridiculous statement. Oh and for the $90/month that you pay... I said for two phones dumbass, not one. So If you had two you'd probably be at well over $200 considering when I went to verizon just the other day to re-check where their costs were and whether or not it would be worth it for me(considering the 20% discount I mentioned before) but it's still more expensive. So unless you can prove to me otherwise. Do your homework before speaking up. Pathetic....

Keep in mind on my plan currently..
    Two Blackberries both w/full data plans
    Unlimited text messaging for both phones
    2000 minutes
    Both phones w/insurance

And, every single one of my friends and my girlfriends friends have T-Mobile and blackberries so currently we use about 600 minutes overall including Business usage on the part of my girlfriend. So, for me to switch as well would require I purchase more minute do to our usage and what I get for free via inter-network calls.

Edit: I just checked with Verizon, it would cost me 211.96+Tax to be on verizon so approximately $230. Whereas I pay $170. And I must say, I have no idea how you can live on 450 minutes/month.
    Last edited by extremeconcepts; 01-24-09 at 12:43 PM.
    01-24-09 12:20 PM
    450 minute is quite easy when they have no family or friends. They just troll and insult people .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 01:05 PM
    Why would you say that? Did you know that I am getting 3g speeds on my T-Mobile Storm? My Storm operates flawlessly at high speed on T-Mobile, the only thing you give up is proprietary apps VZ Navigator, etc... and tethering.

I dont understand why everyone thinks T-mobile has a crappy network, I live is Southern California and it fully supports 3g, dont be fooled by the EDGE in the upper corner, it is running at full 3G.

I compared a Verizon Storm to my T-Mobile Storm head to head and the connection speeds are EXACTLY the same. I talked with the T-Mobile rep and he confirmed we are full 3G and have been since the release of the G1. It is unfortunate that T-Mobile does not have a 3G compatible blackberry but unlock and Storm and the problem is solved!
    I am still not convinced that the Storm is working with 3G in Tmobile. The storm supposedly is not supporting north America GSM/UMTS 3G. My guess is that you are getting really fast EDGE speeds. Finally, I don't see why the Storm is not showing 3G if it is using 3G. I used the Storm in Europe and it was showing 3G and the blackberry dots whenever I was in 3G coverage. Anyway, to verify if you are in 3G or not, set your phone in either 2G or 3G only and see what happens. You can do that from the Options->Mobile Network->GSM/UMTS->3G or 2G
    01-24-09 01:50 PM
    You're a moron. IMO you can't make such a broad statement about a wireless carrier unless you've traveled all over the country with your phone.
    I did and I will again tmoblie sucks gigantic donkey balls

Edit: I just checked with Verizon, it would cost me 211.96+Tax to be on verizon so approximately $230. Whereas I pay $170. And I must say, I have no idea how you can live on 450 minutes/month.
    Simple...I don't talk on the phone enough to go over 450 minutes a month, most people I talk to anyway have Verizon.

450 minute is quite easy when they have no family or friends. They just troll and insult people .
    you got it girlfriend
    01-25-09 04:20 PM
    I'm gonna have to stick with the fact that you're just full of yourself and enjoy picking on people because you think you're superior to... well... a donkey. But, None the less we'll just disagree and move forward. When you feel like climbing down from that electronic high-horse outside of wal-mart, let us know so we can resume conversation.
    01-25-09 08:17 PM
    i have verizon and t-mobile and yeah verizon has slightly better service t-mobile. but that will change as soon as we get 3g in ct, and also t-mobile is not buying there competitor like att did with cingular, verizon did with attel, and sprint did with nextel and then accumulated the towers. T-mobile is doing pretty good all by themselves
    01-26-09 08:52 AM

Not to be an *** but I pay 180 for 2 bb's and one dumb phone ...juss my 2 cents
    01-26-09 11:04 AM
    so can somebody tell me what plan i should get and what i should tell the tmobile ppl??...i have the g1 plan still cause thats what i had befor but i just got a 9530 and its unlocked and i did the "howto" to get the browser and stuff but it doesnt work.no shock there but idk what plan to ask for...if somebody could tell me asap please to get it going already...thanks!!
    03-04-09 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD