I don't know if anybody else noticed this in the landscape keyboard layout.... But it looks like to differentiate where the keys are (like on the other RIM keyboards) there's more space between the "left" side and "right" side of the keyboards (keys change at t-y, g-h, v-b). Thats something i really like about the keyboards RIM has designed previously and i'm glad to see it still on this phone!
    09-26-08 03:07 AM
    I can't seem to stay away!!!

09-26-08 03:26 AM
    WOW! Thanks Kevin for the extra GUI pics! I hope that we will be able to customize how many icons are on the home screen. For example, only have 4 icons on the home screen instead of the 8 icons. Thanks again!

Feel free to post more if you want!
    Last edited by tcp019; 09-26-08 at 03:52 AM.
    09-26-08 03:48 AM
    September 26, huh? Should I ask if you were playing with any devices in particular today? Thnx for the pics Kev. Looks goooooood!

And while you're here, any comments on this? Not sure if you can but I wanted to try anyways.
    Blackberry 9530 Storm Smartphone for Verizon at MobileCityOnline.com
    09-26-08 04:00 AM
    You'd be wrong Mr. 6 posts. And my post here isn't knocking it, but you can't argue that the browser pic doesn't scare you just a little. It looks to close to what my 4.5 browser looks like now and we all know how the current browser sucks. That was my point. But hey, if you like just getting the same old stuff in a new wrapper... more power to you. Buy it just cuz it's new. yey!
    So let me get something straight, "That browser screen ain't lookin too hot" isn't knocking it? And actually, I can argue about the browser. IT'S A STILL PICTURE OF GOOGLE.COM. I'd seriously like to ask you what you can possibly tell from a picture of Google? You can take a picture of Google.com from any browser in the world, and it's going to look exactly the same. And if you are referring to the other picture of the browser that has the bookmarks, then that's an even stranger thing to complain about.

And you are completely correct about my post count. Good job with the whole reading thing.
    Last edited by Unclebelvis; 09-26-08 at 05:52 AM.
    09-26-08 05:43 AM
    I can't seem to stay away!!!

Ooohhh, swipe sensitivity and tap interval, very nice

EDIT: Just noticed there are a lot of arrows in this picture. The two at the bottom which look like buttons and the two on the top and bottom of the right side. The buttons don't give me the impression you can scroll like an iPhone with a swipe
    Last edited by BigVDawgy; 09-26-08 at 06:52 AM.
    09-26-08 06:48 AM
    [QUOTE=kevinbyrne;761443]I can't seem to stay away!!!

Thanks for the pics Kevin! And you don't have to stay away, if you don't want to

BTW - I see in one pic it says crackberry.com....Have you been playing with one lately?
    09-26-08 07:48 AM
    Thanks for the pics Kevin! And you don't have to stay away, if you don't want to

BTW - I see in one pic it says crackberry.com....Have you been playing with one lately?
    LOL Good catch, that's a riot
    09-26-08 08:08 AM
    What is Tap Interval and Hover?
    09-26-08 08:22 AM
    I'm in love with you KevinB, and I'm not even gay.

Will you marry me?
    09-26-08 08:24 AM
    Ooohhh, swipe sensitivity and tap interval, very nice

EDIT: Just noticed there are a lot of arrows in this picture. The two at the bottom which look like buttons and the two on the top and bottom of the right side. The buttons don't give me the impression you can scroll like an iPhone with a swipe
    Maybe those smaller blue arrows are just indicators that there are are more items beyond what you see on the screen and not necessarily "buttons." I don't see why they wouldn't use the swipe when it says "swipe sensitivity" right on it. For example, I'm pretty sure if you scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the menu the bottom arrow would disappear.

I'm thinking the two larger buttons on the bottom are there to allow you to scroll between the different sub menus (i.e. display settings, sound settings)...... but that's just me speculating
    Last edited by HBcubs; 09-26-08 at 08:50 AM.
    09-26-08 08:40 AM
    Here are some images of the OS and GUI that I came across:

For More:
    Strangely enough, the pictures on www dot storm-reviews dot co dot uk are gone today ...
    09-26-08 09:39 AM
    Strangely enough, the pictures on www dot storm-reviews dot co dot uk are gone today ...
    Just checked...you're right! I guess someone got a c&d letter
    09-26-08 10:03 AM

I can still see them. Page layout has just changed a bit. Click "Blackberry Storm News" in the navigator bar on the right side, and then click on the item labelled "Exclusive Screen Shots".

KJF
    09-26-08 10:38 AM
    Kevin, you the man!
    09-26-08 01:09 PM
    Right click, saved al these
    09-26-08 03:17 PM
    Looks like you have the option to enable the Suretype keyboard. I know Kevin said on the homepage that there's no fully qwerty in portrait mode, but here's to hope that in time this means that Portrait mode will get a qwerty keyboard as well. YEAH!!!
    Last edited by gibsonhtp; 09-26-08 at 04:50 PM.
    09-26-08 04:46 PM
    I think according to specs according to the storm uk site or maybe even kevin b said that it was either SureType or Mutli-tap (T9) for portrait mode.
    09-26-08 05:36 PM
    That's correct. Look at the keyboard in the back ground, it's currently set to multi-tap.
    09-26-08 06:27 PM
    Full QWERTY in portrait mode would be useless. The buttons would be too small and more than likely 95% of the time you would just end up turning the phone to landscape mode for the bigger buttons anyway.
    09-26-08 07:02 PM
    Full QWERTY in portrait mode would be useless. The buttons would be too small...
    Have you seen the Palm Centro? If people can use that thing, then QWERTY in portrait seems possible.
    09-26-08 07:23 PM
    Have you seen the Palm Centro? If people can use that thing, then QWERTY in portrait seems possible.
    LOL! Agreed!
    09-26-08 08:34 PM
    lol... are there people that can acutally use the centro keyboard that arent, um.... 5????

LOL
    09-26-08 09:33 PM
    tiny buttons on a physical keyboard is a lot different than tiny buttons on a touchscreen. With a hard button you can easily distinguishe between keys by touch and use your fingernail for input... whereas with a touchscreen, especially what is likely to be a capacitive touchscreen, that is impossible.
    09-27-08 01:02 AM
    Also, for the guy posting the screenshots... how about some of the SMS app... has the layout for threaded texts changed any?
    09-27-08 01:03 AM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD