Is it possible to disable the sound the camera makes when taking a picture? I would like it to be completely silent.
    06-23-09 12:50 AM
    Is it possible to disable the sound the camera makes when taking a picture? I would like it to be completely silent.
    nnnope... it's in the software with no option to change it
    06-23-09 12:52 AM
    This really is one of the questions that come up all the time, it could have been searched out rather easily. Again, it's for the security of taking a picture of someone with out them knowing.
    06-23-09 01:12 AM
    yeah yeah... security... lol. its legal so long as there is no audio recording too.... dang it.
    I agree, I wish that could be changed... I try to take a pic of my daughter, or dog, anything really, and a candid just isn't possible...
    Oh well... guess I could ask for bigger problems to worry about i guess.
    06-23-09 01:19 AM
    you can DL Berry Annoying and some other app that disable the sound. Problem is they wont work on any phone that ends in a xx30. So i don't think it works on any verizon phone. I tried both Apps, Berry Annoying and whatever the other app was to disable shuttersound. Neither worked for my 9530 Storm
    06-23-09 02:11 AM
    You guys love taking upskirt pics lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 03:10 AM
    You guys love taking upskirt pics lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, especially when it takes more than five seconds for the Storm to actually make a picture, during which you have to pray the "model" doesn't move.

Personally, I would like to disable the shutter sound so nobody notices I was just taking a picture because usually, people ask "You took a picture? Let me see!" and then I will be embarassed by the poor quality ...
    06-24-09 11:36 AM
    This works.

Cut the plug off of a pair of broken (or cheap) headphones. (you can use regular headphones, but this is easier to contain)

Play a song in media player, with the headphone jack inserted. (phone should make no sound)

whilst song is playing, open camera, snap pic. Tada.
    06-24-09 11:41 AM
    It's really pretty dumb if you think about it cuz you can take silent video all day long
    06-24-09 11:41 AM
    Here's a helpful link for you! Let me google that for you
    06-24-09 11:57 AM
    This works.

Cut the plug off of a pair of broken (or cheap) headphones. (you can use regular headphones, but this is easier to contain)

Play a song in media player, with the headphone jack inserted. (phone should make no sound)

whilst song is playing, open camera, snap pic. Tada.
    I would have never thought about that... good workaround. It's crap that we have to find a workaround, but that's a really good one.
    06-24-09 12:05 PM
    It wyould be an interresting feature....
    06-24-09 01:21 PM
    hold your ears shut
    06-24-09 02:42 PM
    why do people hate on someone who wants to turn off the shutter sound? Just cause they want to turn off the annoying sound, that makes them a pervert who wants to take upskirt shots?! Gimme a break people. I don't like the shutter sound because it's annoying. Has nothing to do with "perverts" or "upskirt shots". Grow up people.
    06-24-09 04:57 PM
    hey i found a way to get no shutter sound on my blackberry 8900 pretty good huh!!!
    06-26-09 11:11 AM
    This really is one of the questions that come up all the time, it could have been searched out rather easily. Again, it's for the security of taking a picture of someone with out them knowing.
    Please provide supporting documentation to back this claim up otherwise I call BS.
    06-26-09 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD