No, the preloaded ringtones are a .cod file in your os, deleting that causes many headaches, it is doable, but takes some OS massaging that's really not worth it, this just takes out Vin Diesel, the sample pics, and the sample song...
    Deleted the samples folder and the ring tones are gone. Fail.
    11-26-08 08:35 AM
    Pop in the disc and install DM. Then plug in your BB and back-up. From there you can delete a lot of things off the phone that you no longer want. I took off VAD, HELP, TASK, VID, GAMES, and VVM. My phone runs fine.
    11-26-08 08:36 AM
    Deleted the samples folder and the ring tones are gone. Fail.
    sorry, without a screenshot , i'm flippin the BS card on this one, you're probably looking at the file on your media card...ringtones ARE NOT samples of anything....
    11-26-08 08:42 AM
    all the rngtones are gone,,how can i get them back?
    11-26-08 08:44 AM
    sorry, without a screenshot , i'm flippin the BS card on this one, you're probably looking at the file on your media card...ringtones ARE NOT samples of anything....
    A screen shot wouldn't do much good. The files are still listed when you try to change a profile or alarm, but they don't play. Why the **** would I BS about that?
    11-26-08 08:50 AM
    the different names are there for the tones but the sounds are gone,,it happened to me too,,theres no reason to lie,,,how can i get them back/???
    11-26-08 08:50 AM
    A screen shot wouldn't do much good. The files are still listed when you try to change a profile or alarm, but they don't play. Why the **** would I BS about that?
    yea,,why bs ? i have no tones either ,,,now what
    11-26-08 08:53 AM
    For what ever it's worth, here's a screen shot of the Preloaded Ringtones section under Media...
    11-26-08 09:11 AM
    I tried restoring mine from a back up - it only seems to have restored the entry for the sample song - which shows on the list now but when played isn't a valid song. I have a feeling I'll be going to the Verizon store after work to get my phone flashed...
    Last edited by shindakun; 11-26-08 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Early morning grammar.
    11-26-08 09:12 AM
    Ok, here's what you need to do,
    hook your storm up to your pc, do Not start desktop manager,
    with internet explorer, go here RIM online updater, it will act just like the app loader in desktop manager and will give you the option to reload the current OS or downgrade,
    select reload current, go through all of the steps and it will reload EVERYTHING...
    I didn't lose my tones when I deleted my sample, or I wouldn't have posted how I did it...
    11-26-08 09:56 AM
    Ok, here's what you need to do,
    hook your storm up to your pc, do Not start desktop manager,
    with internet explorer, go here [ url snip ], it will act just like the app loader in desktop manager and will give you the option to reload the current OS or downgrade,
    select reload current, go through all of the steps and it will reload EVERYTHING...
    I didn't lose my tones when I deleted my sample, or I wouldn't have posted how I did it...
    Also, you can go into Desktop Manager > Application Loader > Update Software - from there select Blackberry 4.7 (current), hit next and you should be ok - at least it worked over here...
    11-26-08 10:04 AM
    So umm...that restores it...how do i delete it?
    11-26-08 11:37 AM
    Also, you can go into Desktop Manager > Application Loader > Update Software - from there select Blackberry 4.7 (current), hit next and you should be ok - at least it worked over here...
    Did you have to do a battery pull for it to work. I just did this with no luck. Pulling battery now to see if that helps.
    11-26-08 12:12 PM
    Ok, battery pull worked. I'm back normal, for now that is
    11-26-08 12:23 PM
    Thanks the trick worked. It took me awhile to figure not to go into the samples folder and just delete the whole samples folder while it was highlighted. I dled some other free ringtones so all that preloaded stuff doesn't matter to me. Just went up 8.8MB in memory . Now I gotta beat the 40MB barrier since I'm at 35.7 right now
    02-25-09 01:37 PM
    Thanks a lot
    06-25-09 04:20 PM
    u can use bb file explorer
    06-25-09 05:45 PM
    Talk about digging a thread up from the archives. For future reference here is the link with directions:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/de...memory-103830/
    06-25-09 06:50 PM
    Talk about digging a thread up from the archives. For future reference here is the link with directions:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/de...memory-103830/
    that
    or
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/suc...le-pix-118901/
    06-25-09 07:42 PM
    either one works
    06-25-09 07:46 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD