Anybody connecting their phones to your car stereo like an iPod? What kind of connector do you need?
    04-06-09 05:32 PM
    The Head unit for your car stereo needs to have an Aux input to physically plug it in. If it does, then all you need is a 3.5mm male to male cord.

If it doesnt, you can get an FM Transmitter. This will plug in to your BB and transmit the signal to your head unit via an FM signal on a non-used channel.

Best option is if your stereo has Bluetooth capabilities. Then all you need to do is connect that way and your done!
    04-06-09 05:35 PM
    If you can, use AUX; it sounds much better.
    04-06-09 05:39 PM
    I use a cassette tape adapter. Works great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 05:40 PM
    I use a cassette tape adapter. Works great!

Now that's OLD SCHOOL! But it works!

The sounds quality between the AUX option and the Bluetooth is about the same for me. I just personally would rather not have a cord hanging around, especially with today's technology. Just my $0.02
    04-06-09 05:43 PM
    I play the IHeart Radio app. through my car radio....my car has a cassette player and I have an adapter that plugs into the cassette player and the small phono plug goes into the Storm. Sounds great !!!
    04-06-09 05:45 PM
    As said, aux cable works great. I use it myself.

04-06-09 06:07 PM
    04-06-09 06:09 PM
    Aux cable here, works great.

04-06-09 06:12 PM
    Well you can use an AUX plug or if you have the USB plug you can use that aswell. Just look around find somthing that connects to the cars lighter outlet and has the AUX attachment for your storm.
    04-06-09 06:14 PM
    Aux plug is the easiest and cheapest... I got my cable for $10 at best buy... Works great for my pod and my bb.

04-06-09 06:16 PM
    i use an aux cable and i cant control the sound threw the stereo only threw the storm. it does not get very loud and is very frustrating!
    04-06-09 06:17 PM
    Which FM transmitter works best? I have a cd player, no tape player, no mp3 jack...I've been through units by Belkin, GE and Griffin and always get too much static when I'm flying down the road. Tried adjusting them, changing channels...draping the bb over the seat (keeping the tranmitter as far away as possible)...to no avail. There must be a better way, or at least a transmitter that does a rock solid job of removing static and providing a good connection. Any suggestions? What about FM modulators? I've read that connecting to one's antenna doesn't always work.
    04-06-09 06:32 PM
    My head unit has a USB port, and I have a dock connected to it. It works great. I have the dock mounted on the dash, and it works great for music and GPS. My only problem is that the music that I have downloaded through the v-cast/rhapsody won't play through it since you ahve to enable mass storage mode for the head unit to read the files on the card... but all in all, I love the set up...

I have thought about adding a BT module to my head unit, and then just use the dock at a charging station, and then using the BT connection through the radio for music and calls.
    Last edited by Mightyjohn; 04-06-09 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Afterthough
    04-06-09 07:00 PM
    Nice setup you got going there!

I especially love the yellow pine tree air freshener!
    04-06-09 07:04 PM
    Nice setup you got going there!

I especially love the yellow pine tree air freshener!
    Thanks, Its Yummy vanilla!
    04-06-09 07:06 PM
    Nice setup John.

I bought an aftermarket BT adapter, and hooked up it behind my stereo.

Its nice having no wires and running everything thru the phone
    04-06-09 07:10 PM
    I really want the blue tooth set up but I would keep the dock because streaming music through the bt would kill the battery fast.

04-06-09 07:14 PM
    My head unit has a USB port, and I have a dock connected to it. It works great. I have the dock mounted on the dash, and it works great for music and GPS. My only problem is that the music that I have downloaded through the v-cast/rhapsody won't play through it since you ahve to enable mass storage mode for the head unit to read the files on the card... but all in all, I love the set up...

I have thought about adding a BT module to my head unit, and then just use the dock at a charging station, and then using the BT connection through the radio for music and calls.
    awesome setup with the cradle. i had the same idea too.

i'm using stock headunit through an aux 3.5mm audio jack connected to a hidden bt receiver. works great via bt. you really should add so you can use radio apps and watch videos with the cradle setup.
    04-06-09 07:23 PM

I am finally jealous of someone else's Honda! Nice set up bro
    04-06-09 07:35 PM
    Thanks a bunch... But no need to be jealous, other than that, its all stock
    04-06-09 07:37 PM
    Haha I was jsut admiring the dock work is all.
    04-06-09 07:39 PM
    I wanted to hook mine up through my in car stereo myself
    The radio is a kenwood kdc-mp532u
    it has a usb connection
    When I try to hook up my phone, My radio says no device found
    Any suggestions?
    04-10-09 01:13 PM
    i use an aux cable and i cant control the sound threw the stereo only threw the storm. it does not get very loud and is very frustrating!
    x2 depends on the app you are using. sure wish Pandora would come out for the Storm. I hate the fact that I cant stream from the firefox browser as well.
    04-10-09 01:26 PM

I have the dock in my truck as well but I just have it connected to a charger and then aux cable for music. I really like the dock and my Storm stays charged while I have maps and music going at the same time. I dont have the same mass storage mode problem as you though.
    04-10-09 01:29 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD