I was playing some hockey today and I wanted to call up a buddy, but then I found out the touch sensors were messed up and i'm guessing it's from the cold. I had to warm it up for 10 min to get it to work correctly.

i just wanted to say i dont like that..

discuss
    01-27-09 08:30 PM
    Yea it sux but this has been discussed! There is one guy that took it out snowboarding and he also had to wait a while for it to work!
    01-27-09 08:35 PM
    Oh no, I live in England!
    01-27-09 08:38 PM
    Uh oh looks like a company need to come up with a warming case for the Storm! it could be battery opreated and cycle on and off! I would buy it just to have it when I needed it!
    01-27-09 08:46 PM
    yes, finally, the south has risen again!!
    01-27-09 08:48 PM
    yes, finally, the south has risen again!!
    Lawd, I'm right around the corner from you. Don't get too excited, we are supposed to be at freezing temps by the end of the week.
    01-27-09 09:03 PM
    Just keep it closer to your skin....maybe in your armpit.
    01-27-09 09:04 PM
    i was snowboarding a couple weeks ago in -30 degree weather and the screen got a little slow and it got really foggy but it worked fine for me. but i had it in a sock for the most part but would pull it out to text a couple times
    01-27-09 09:05 PM
    I just started a thread to discuss a warming case for the Storm so feel to post!
    01-27-09 09:09 PM
    I have only had issues when it was in the single digits for a prolonged period of time. Even then it worked, it was just very slow to respond to touch input.
    01-27-09 09:10 PM
    i was snowboarding a couple weeks ago in -30 degree weather and the screen got a little slow and it got really foggy but it worked fine for me. but i had it in a sock for the most part but would pull it out to text a couple times
    Snowboarding in -30 degree weather? how'd that work out for you? haha

I took took mine snowboarding with me in my jacket pocket cause I didn't want it to get stolen and I didn't have any problem with the screen not responding at all.
    01-27-09 09:16 PM
    I tend to start using my Storm from the second I get up from my office desk...straight through the exit through the parking lot...to my car (without even looking up). However...the second I hit the exit and get outside...the response time sucks bc my fingers (or screen) is cold.
    01-27-09 09:43 PM
    I didn't notice a performance decrease, but my battery was rendered damn near useless. It went from 100% to completely dead in about 6 hours of walking around in -10 degrees C weather, in an inside pocket.
    01-27-09 09:48 PM
    Ahhh 'nother reason I live on the Central Coast in California...
    01-27-09 11:03 PM
    My GPS and Sirius radio do the same in the cold .Also when cold my ipod says battery dead when its full.Warm it up and back to normal
    01-27-09 11:12 PM
    ditto. no problems here.
    01-27-09 11:15 PM
    i luv it - rim should make an addendum to the user guide adding specific points about puting half a credit card inside the phone then holding it in your armpit for 15 minutes before use. reasonable enough.
    01-27-09 11:28 PM
    What is cold? I haven't heard of it. I live in CA.
    01-27-09 11:48 PM
    I was playing some hockey today and I wanted to call up a buddy, but then I found out the touch sensors were messed up and i'm guessing it's from the cold. I had to warm it up for 10 min to get it to work correctly.

i just wanted to say i dont like that..

discuss
    Pro Tip: You know putting it in the microwave is a lot faster to warm it up...
    Pay no attention to the plasmic storm emanating from it. This means its working
    01-28-09 12:16 AM
    No problems here even when real cold. I have used it in single digit cold.
    01-28-09 06:19 AM
    I too took my storm snowboarding. The summit was 0 degrees F. My phone locked up after 20 min or so. Best fix is the same as I do for the ipod....
    Goto a ski shop or gas station and buy some hand/foot warmers. Crack one open
    And tuck it in a pocket with your phone and that will keep it plenty warm. Even
    At 0 deg F.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 07:52 AM
    My Storm seems to work better in the cold. I think it's because I cannot feel my fingers press down on the screen and it more resembles an iPhone
    01-28-09 08:05 AM
    had mine outside last night for 1.5 hrs, in the 15 or so degree weather, 10+" of snow, in a ziplock bag in my chest pocket in my coat, worked fine for me, but i only placed and answered phone calls... only used the screen to get contacts, but it worked fine, inside the baggie even...
    01-28-09 08:42 AM
    I didn't notice a performance decrease, but my battery was rendered damn near useless. It went from 100% to completely dead in about 6 hours of walking around in -10 degrees C weather, in an inside pocket.
    That's strange. I keep all my spare batteries in the FREEZER. Keeps them actively far longer than just thrown in a drawer.
    01-28-09 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD