Case-Mate Chrome Case For BlackBerry Storm & Curve 8900 | CrackBerry.com

say this up on the homepage and getting a new refurb from vzw, i bit the bullet.

They have a 25% off coupon on their site and free shipping, just use fathersday09

It looks really nice, what do you guys think?
    06-12-09 08:39 PM
    I like it but it is sold out according to the website
    06-12-09 08:53 PM
    I got it last week. Looks good but is a pain in the A$$ to get off. I use a bedside charger and use my BB as my alarm clock at night so I hae to always take whatever case I have off. I will probably use my VAJA more.
    06-12-09 09:18 PM
    i have this case. it fits nice and looks nice, but i seem to lose signal when i have it on the phone. if i am in a suspect area (1 bar) where i would normally be able to use the phone, i am now dropping calls. in fact, i have had the storm since the week after it launched and i had only dropped maybe 5 calls tops. since i put this case on in the past week i have dropped 6 calls. i noticed this and decided to do a test. sure enough when i apply the case i lose at least 1, if not 2 bars of signal. i know that the bars are not always an accurate representation of signal, but dropping 6 calls in a week when i normally drop none (on my normal routine of work and school) is pretty bad...

i also found a youtube clip of a guy who put this case on his iphone and experienced similar results. anyone else?
    06-13-09 12:53 AM
    my cousin got the case last week...
    06-13-09 01:00 AM
    anybody else have experience?
    06-15-09 03:02 PM
    I got a reply from Case-Mate today...based on this I can't say I recommend a purchase until they iron out the kinks....

"I apologize that you are experiencing issues with the Chrome Barely There case We received a report of this issue and we are working with our product development team to figure out where the problem lies. We have confirmed that this issue is not impacting all case and only affects a very limited number.

Would you like me to process a replacement of an item from the Storm product line of equal or lesser value or would you prefer a refund?"
    06-15-09 10:22 PM
    06-15-09 10:31 PM
    i agree...of course they are going to downplay it though...
    06-15-09 10:42 PM
    i agree...of course they are going to downplay it though...
    It does look like they are trying to do something about it. But I like my Vaja case and paid a lot of money for it. I think that it looks more professional anyhow though.
    06-15-09 10:49 PM
    It does look like they are trying to do something about it. But I like my Vaja case and paid a lot of money for it. I think that it looks more professional anyhow though.
    which one is that? care to post a link, since apparently i'm back in the case market....................
    06-15-09 10:52 PM
    Just got the case.....very cheap looking IMO. plus i drop the sticky side of the screen protector on the ground and got dirt all over it. I'm very dissapointed in myself and this POS. save ur money
    06-16-09 08:55 AM
    which one is that? care to post a link, since apparently i'm back in the case market....................
    Vaja Leather Products
    06-16-09 10:41 AM
    I got the barely there case a while back (not chrome) and its been great. Like others said, its hard to remove, but I don't really ever need to other than to clean it off every week or so. The case is getting pretty scratched up which I use as a testimant to how much damage it has saved the phone from. It hardly changes the profile of the phone (not very thick at all), and its not a pain to get out of your pocket like rubber cases.

If the chrome is causing problems, try out the regular painted version.
    06-16-09 12:00 PM
    anybody else have experience?
    Yes, just got it today and immediately lost entire signal. Sucks, because this looks and feels great on the bb. Return!
    06-16-09 07:09 PM
    I got the barely there case a while back (not chrome) and its been great. Like others said, its hard to remove, but I don't really ever need to other than to clean it off every week or so. The case is getting pretty scratched up which I use as a testimant to how much damage it has saved the phone from. It hardly changes the profile of the phone (not very thick at all), and its not a pain to get out of your pocket like rubber cases.

If the chrome is causing problems, try out the regular painted version.
    will it slide into a leather case? (RIM Storm OEM Leather case)
    06-16-09 11:44 PM
    they are very nice cases. i googled it late last night...

i wonder if anyone will make a nice real carbon fiber case for it like they make for iphone...??
    06-16-09 11:47 PM
    got the case and it sucked all signal strength, waiting to send it back.
    06-20-09 06:47 PM
    was the signal issue ever fixed? have not heard, but i did notice the site says they are out of stock.
    09-01-09 03:51 PM
    I purchased this and I experience a two bar drop in signal strength. I ended up sending it back the next day!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 05:17 PM
    Yes I also experienced a loss of signal when having the case on. Really irritates the **** out of me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD