Ok so i did a search through the forums but none of the solutions provided could help me. I was upgrading my storm and my computer turned off in the middle of the installation. Now my storm appears to be turned off and the light on the corner keeps on blinking red. My screen does not appear white and show a 507 error as commonly stated in other threads.
    Now i couldnt find the exe file for the apploader, all io could find on my RIM directory was apploader.dll and not the exe file sothat didnt work, and the crack util way didnt work either. Is there any way i can save my storm? Please help! Oh and sorry for such a newbie post but this is really bothering me!
    12-19-08 02:13 AM
    Try searching for javaloader it'll probably save your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 02:26 AM
    Unplug the usb cable for like 5 min and the phone should boot into the 507 error. I had that same problem before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 02:31 AM
    Thank you for your suggestions! The unplugging for five minutes didnt do anything. Ill try javaloader soon. Thanks again!
    12-19-08 03:08 AM
    As the previous posters said, download java loader first, and then follow these steps (I bricked my phone as well and got it up and running)...

1. take out the battery and let the phone sit for a few min.
    2. Put the battery back in and plug it into your PC (important: use a usb port, not a hub)
    3. Run JM Cmder (javaloader) and choose option 4 (complete wipe). Follow the instructions.
    4. The phone should wipe and again show the 507.
    5. Go to C: program files > common files > Research in Motion > and then find the actual app loader application and open it. DONT use desktop manager.
    6. Make sure your storm is connected and choose the proper port (should appear as an ID #, not com 1 or com 2, etc.)
    7. Follow the steps once the device is detected. As long as you installed the .83 update exe, app loader should automatically use that for the install. Choose the programs you want to install from the list and let it do it's thing.
    8. The phone will restart a few times, so don't freak out. You'll see a few white screens and the spinning clock, and after 20-25 min, .83!

Let me know if this works. PM me if you want.
    12-19-08 03:23 AM
    Thank you for that, i realy appreciate it but it doesnt seem to be working. The program isnt connectin to my blackberry i guess and nothing happens. And when i go to the app loader the storm isnt recognized either.
    12-19-08 11:15 AM
    12-19-08 11:16 AM
    yes, ive tried that before. the thing is i cant get it on the 507 screen so when i try to use the apploader it always says that there is a device communications error.
    12-19-08 11:31 AM
    Don't panic. I had the exact same problem when my computer crashed in the middle of a software update. I too thought I had bricked my phone when Desktop Manager wouldn't recognize it and all I was getting was a black screen with the red LED flashing twice in succession.

The trick is to do an online software update through the BB website. Plug your phone into USB and proceed to the BB site, go to Support-->Storm Support and you should see a link to do an online software update. Make sure you are using IE (not Firefox) and click on this. The web tool will recognize your phone and will prompt you -- I re-installed .75 from here and then updated it with the online tool to .83 (which it recognized as already being on my computer). Worked perfectly!

Ok so i did a search through the forums but none of the solutions provided could help me. I was upgrading my storm and my computer turned off in the middle of the installation. Now my storm appears to be turned off and the light on the corner keeps on blinking red. My screen does not appear white and show a 507 error as commonly stated in other threads.
    Now i couldnt find the exe file for the apploader, all io could find on my RIM directory was apploader.dll and not the exe file sothat didnt work, and the crack util way didnt work either. Is there any way i can save my storm? Please help! Oh and sorry for such a newbie post but this is really bothering me!
    12-19-08 11:35 AM
    yes, ive tried that before. the thing is i cant get it on the 507 screen so when i try to use the apploader it always says that there is a device communications error.
    Ah, I've run into that problem before. It's just how you are trying to load the files or where you placed them. If I can remember how I fixed it i'll let you know but there's definately a workaround for that.
    12-19-08 02:29 PM
    Nice bit of info on the online sw loading, I had no idea that was available. When I loaded the .83 it worked from my DM, but I did a battery pull and it froze on a Verizon logo. After 3 battery pulls it finally loaded properly and my memory shot back up to 43mb. Anyway, nice to know we have the online option for any screw up.
    12-19-08 03:22 PM
    Whats the link for the online update ?
    12-19-08 03:48 PM
    Scratch that...tried the online update, nada...as soon as battery is in, goes to 507 screen and gives me "failed to reconnect during multiple..."

12-19-08 03:57 PM
    thank you addixion! im installing internet explorer in hopes that thatll work!
    oh and whtciv2k, yes please let me know when you if you figure it out!
    12-19-08 10:21 PM
    thank you addixion! im installing internet explorer in hopes that thatll work!
    oh and whtciv2k, yes please let me know when you if you figure it out!
    Let me know if it worked out for you -- it saved me from having to exchange the phone.
    12-20-08 10:29 AM
    Im having the same problem and nothing seems to work it goes threw the load process and then gets stuck and fails on the waiting for device to initialize
    12-20-08 10:46 PM
    I have just come out of that situation, I tried to unlock it and it even erased my phones PIN number - leaving it as 0000000!

Make sure you have the firmware installed on your PC - attach your phone via USB

Then START-->Run-->cmd

Navigate to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Now type the line 'loader.exe /nojvm'

Follow the wizard that comes up and after a while you should be in the clear.
    12-21-08 06:53 PM
    no go i have tried everything and nothing seems to be working. when i do what was last suggested it gets to the waiting for device to initialize the like comes on the berry and then turns off for a few secs then comes on and repeats....it then errors out and gives me this
    Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.
    12-23-08 02:29 AM
    heres what i did, ran jl_cmder and wiped the phone unhooked phone from usb, went to blackberry.com and downloaded the 4.7 DM installed it, then went to verizon and downloaded .75 from their website and installed it then hooked blackberry back up all was well

before i did all that i went to add/delete programs under control panel and deleted all blackberry programs also
    12-23-08 02:32 AM
    where i am at right now i can't get the berry past the initialize no 507 error just a black screen with the light flashing on and off nothing works i have even trtied the MFI multi loader and nothing
    12-23-08 03:07 AM
    ok so here is an update i was able to get it to the interactive screen batt is low so i am going to let it charge and take a crack at reloading the software
    12-23-08 12:18 PM
    I brikced it last night when trying to upgrade to .132 running Desktop Manager on Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta (Big mistake). Switched back over to XP and follow the BB.com web site method. The loader errorred during the first attempt, so I tryed it again. Sucess! Restored the back up which went well, but did not restore all the apps or the Vista theme.
    04-26-09 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD