ok so i am new to blackerrys and i have the 9530 the one with verizon and i set my network setting to global but it never connects to the 3g network it just stays on 1XEV, does the 3g come standard or is it a special plan (i am a the premium familly plan) right now
    01-22-09 08:31 PM
    1XEV is 3G. The only time you will actually see "3G" is if you are out of the United States. 1XEV is the CDMA equiv to GSM's 3G.
    01-22-09 08:40 PM
    o ok that explains alot lol thank you
    01-22-09 08:42 PM
    ok so i am new to blackerrys and i have the 9530 the one with verizon and i set my network setting to global but it never connects to the 3g network it just stays on 1XEV, does the 3g come standard or is it a special plan (i am a the premium familly plan) right now
    1x EVDO is 3G network. The GSM service is part of the Storm's quad band functioning. While technically you can unlock your phone to connect to ATT or T-Mobiles GSM in the US, you will not get 3G data speeds. Very slow EDGE network.

The Global GSM/UMTS capability of your Storm is intended for Global use. If you will not be traveling outside the US, you should actually turn the Global network function off by switching it to 1X only, this way the phone will not waste battery looking for GSM here in the states.
    01-22-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD