Open the gates Patches, hahaha...
    06-01-09 07:14 PM
    Its back for me now as well. Just wish they would have given me more than $1.32 and that i had to get from talking to a supervisor. the "customer service rep" was only going to give me .15
    06-01-09 07:14 PM
    good lord, i never realized how many emails i get daily until they all come in at once! in the 4 hours that it's been down, i've gotten well over 150
    06-01-09 07:15 PM
    sorry to everyone who emailed me with questions and i didn't respond. i'm usually pretty good at responding ASAP

because usually i forget if i dont
    06-01-09 07:16 PM
    Looks like i AM back up again.... that was weird though..
    06-01-09 07:17 PM
    Verizon just told me there was/is a RIM outage... which effects email & browser.

real, or BS ?
    06-01-09 07:24 PM
    I lost web and email for two hours. Atleast I was abaile to twitter. South west ohio up running
    central Ohio... down.
    06-01-09 07:28 PM
    I was down for a while in Chicago. back up though
    06-01-09 07:28 PM
    A resend of the service books, shut down and a battery pull and I'm back up and running! Thanks to all for the posts..
    06-01-09 07:38 PM
    BIS was down for short time but now it is fine as ever
    06-01-09 07:39 PM
    Almost 10pm here and still down. Been down since about 7pm. Tried to resend service books, but no go. Hopefully this gets resolved soon....
    06-01-09 08:58 PM
    is it back up, ive been having problems with mines since are 4 too.
    06-01-09 09:52 PM
    down...back up...now down again in phoenix
    06-01-09 10:26 PM
    It's amazing how secure these devices are and how they are known to be the best email devices out...

Yet we have to deal with the entire email dropping out a few times a month.

I've had a BB since February and had RIM drop BIS 2 to 3 times a month since February.

It's a huge letdown...
    06-01-09 10:29 PM
    Perhaps if radio would top tripping over the patch cable in the NOC, all would be well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 10:56 PM
    It's amazing how secure these devices are and how they are known to be the best email devices out...

Yet we have to deal with the entire email dropping out a few times a month.

I've had a BB since February and had RIM drop BIS 2 to 3 times a month since February.

It's a huge letdown...
    Wow that sucks....I live in south texas and I've had my storm since december and I have yet to see a data outage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 11:41 PM
    Mine is down right now and im in Fort Worth, TX
    06-02-09 01:24 AM
    I am still down. Anybody have info on when to expect this to change? I am new to the blackberry world. I've had it for two weeks. Is this really that common? I see people talking about it happening all the time. Is that just an exaggeration?
    06-02-09 07:36 AM
    I know I'm up and running. Have been since yesterday. Maybe you should try resending service books and/or doing a battery pull.

This doesn't happen very often. Maybe a couple hours every few months.
    06-02-09 07:59 AM
    Thanks for the response. I tried resending and the pull before I wrote my original message. A few hours a month is cool. Hopefully it gets fixed soon and this was just a fluke for me. Sprint hasn't responded to me yet. It is over 24 hours now but I am staying calm. Fingers crossed.
    06-02-09 08:10 AM
    was trying to setup an email account yesterday from AT&T BIS site, it ended up wiping all the email accounts from my device.

Finally got them back today after I resend the service books.

Funny thing is, everytime i try to login to the BIS Site, its showing a different PIN for my ID and wants to confirm if I want to switch to that PIN.. I have been using the same device for over 6 months...
    06-02-09 08:18 AM
    06-02-09 08:19 AM
    It seems that all is better in BIS land... but do we get a reason for this downtime? What was the cause, and what is the remedy to make sure it doesn't happen again? Perfectly valid questions I think.

My trusty google news has failed to direct me towards any notice of any official Blackberry outages yesterday.
    06-02-09 09:17 AM
    It seems that all is better in BIS land... but do we get a reason for this downtime? What was the cause, and what is the remedy to make sure it doesn't happen again? Perfectly valid questions I think.

My trusty google news has failed to direct me towards any notice of any official Blackberry outages yesterday.
    It happens once in a while. Who knows why...and I would imagine sometimes it's nothing that they can predict - something literally goes wrong. I've never seen it down for more than an hour, usually much less.
    06-02-09 09:47 AM
    Well, all is not better. I am still down. Over 24 hours now. Sprint cannot give me an estimated time.
    Cannot access the BIS site to resend my service books. I was able to get on there this morning but it was really slow loading. Now it will not load.
    Ugh.
    06-02-09 09:58 AM
137 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD