I would like to get a hard case like this one. What about you all what type of case will you get for your new baby arriving this friday?
    11-16-08 12:34 PM
    im gonna be getting a silicon case for mine unless i find something more awesome, i would like Ghost Armor or Invisible Shield, but those are a pain to put on
    11-16-08 12:36 PM
    I'm not a big fan of plastic cases. I'll wait for Seidio to release a rubberized case.
    11-16-08 12:40 PM
    I would like to get a hard case like this one. What about you all what type of case will you get for your new baby arriving this friday?
    i put a cheap plastic case like that (got from ebay) on my LG VX8300 and it has done more damage than protection. You don't even know till you take it off one day and paint is rubbed off from the phone because of the case.

I would go with a GA/IS/BSE or a silicone/gel protector...unless the plastic case is manufactured by RIM or VZW so you could battle them if it did screw it up at all.
    11-16-08 12:43 PM
    im gonna be getting a silicon case for mine unless i find something more awesome, i would like Ghost Armor or Invisible Shield, but those are a pain to put on
    I'm not a big fan of plastic cases. I'll wait for Seidio to release a rubberized case.
    Have you all had any issues with plastic cases, that is if you've used them in the past?
    11-16-08 12:43 PM
    i put a cheap plastic case like that (got from ebay) on my LG VX8300 and it has done more damage than protection. You don't even know till you take it off one day and paint is rubbed off from the phone because of the case.

I would go with a GA/IS/BSE or a silicone/gel protector...unless the plastic case is manufactured by RIM or VZW so you could battle them if it did screw it up at all.
    Thank you! That's exactly what I wanted to know.
    11-16-08 12:45 PM
    I had plastic on my iPhone and it is too slippery. The rubberized have a great feeling in your hand and more comfortable feeling as well.
    11-16-08 12:47 PM
    That looks just like the one I ordered except mine is hot pink I also ordered a protective cover for the front but I don't think its Invisible Sheild so we will see how it works out....
    11-16-08 12:48 PM
    Have you all had any issues with plastic cases, that is if you've used them in the past?
    like one of the people in this thread said, those plastic cases don't really provide protection they just kinda prevent from scratches and might help in case of a fall. I prefer the rubber because its gripping to hand, prevents scratches, keeps it from getting dirty with a nice seal, and not to mention, if you drop a phone with a rubber/silicon acts as a shock absorber
    11-16-08 12:53 PM
    Posted this site in another thread. They only have cases for the Bold but the dimensions are pretty close.
    I will eventually get one of these.
    U can customize it here is the link below.
    Thanks for that link u posted.
    Nutshell Leather Cases
    11-16-08 01:01 PM
    I've purchased all sorts of cases for all my blackberries. Those cheapie plastic ones are like holding a piece of ice. If you even sweat a little or it gets damp it slides right out of your hand. I prefer the Seidio rubberized case - it never gets slippery which is nice. They also back up their product from my experiences. The only thing I notice is if your rough with the phone it will get scratched from the case rubbing against the plastic face of the phone. But you can line the case with black tape to prevent this.
    11-16-08 01:08 PM
    I have a seidio rubberized plastic case for my curve and its awesome!
    11-16-08 01:16 PM
    If you type in Storm on Nutshells SEARCH, it comes up with the Storm case. I like it.
    11-16-08 01:21 PM
    I've purchased all sorts of cases for all my blackberries. Those cheapie plastic ones are like holding a piece of ice. If you even sweat a little or it gets damp it slides right out of your hand. I prefer the Seidio rubberized case - it never gets slippery which is nice. They also back up their product from my experiences. The only thing I notice is if your rough with the phone it will get scratched from the case rubbing against the plastic face of the phone. But you can line the case with black tape to prevent this.
    Thanks Mark! That bad boys looks good. Do you know if Seidio is working on a case for the Storm.
    11-16-08 01:30 PM
    I have a seidio rubberized plastic case for my curve and its awesome!
    I also have one on my curve and love it! I ordered one of these off ebay until Seidio puts one out for the Storm:

BLACK RUBBERIZED CASE FOR BLACKBERY STORM 9500/ 9530 - eBay (item 250324052297 end time Dec-11-08 14:31:58 PST)

It says that it has the rubberized case, I will see if it is anywhere close to the Seidio quality. I will be shocked if it actually fits correctly. I just need some protection for a few weeks I guess.
    11-16-08 01:30 PM
    Here is that case but with better deal... $6.99
    BlackBerry Storm 9500 / 9530 Snap-On Solid Protector Case Red
    11-16-08 01:50 PM
    i put a cheap plastic case like that (got from ebay) on my LG VX8300 and it has done more damage than protection. You don't even know till you take it off one day and paint is rubbed off from the phone because of the case...
    Definitely agree with you. I bough leather skin for my phone, but my wife decided that she does not need it. now after 3 year of use, mine has more scratches and from that leather case comparing to wifes phone. Which still looks like new. I am talking about same model.

Any kind of skins and cases that allow you device to move inside of it will deffenetly damage device. So it is better InvisibleSkin or nothing at all.

I would at least put something on the screen itself, since it is most expensive part to replace.
    11-16-08 01:54 PM
    I'll wait for Otterbox to come out with one
    11-16-08 01:58 PM
    verizon has some nice stuff on their site
    11-16-08 02:39 PM
    Cases just like this are all over eBay in several different colors. I am watching some now that are only about $6 including shipping. Fommy is VERY overpriced on most things. Make sure you choose one that is a "rubberized hard plastic" and not just plastic. I've had more that type on more than one phone and have never had a problem. They do not allow you to use a OEM holster or most leather cases as well though so you'll lose the magnetic proximity sensor feature, which is definitely a battery saver. I use the plastic holster in which the phone screen faces in for my Curve and I plan to get the same thing for my Storm. It's up on the VZW site now.
    Last edited by Grovesfan; 11-16-08 at 03:23 PM.
    11-16-08 03:17 PM
    I also have one on my curve and love it! I ordered one of these off ebay until Seidio puts one out for the Storm:

BLACK RUBBERIZED CASE FOR BLACKBERY STORM 9500/ 9530 - eBay (item 250324052297 end time Dec-11-08 14:31:58 PST)

It says that it has the rubberized case, I will see if it is anywhere close to the Seidio quality. I will be shocked if it actually fits correctly. I just need some protection for a few weeks I guess.
    Why is the blackberry logo key blurred out? So they don't get connected with the company as they're a 3rd party dealer?
    Last edited by CSSVT; 11-16-08 at 03:43 PM.
    11-16-08 03:40 PM
    I'll wait for Otterbox to come out with one
    I'm with you there. I think I'll Invisible shield mine until I can get an otterbox
    11-16-08 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD