Anyone else having this problem, I clicked directly from the Blackberry site and it connects to my device then displays that error. I don't have a work phone, this makes no sense.
    05-31-09 02:27 PM
    Anyone else having this problem, I clicked directly from the Blackberry site and it connects to my device then displays that error. I don't have a work phone, this makes no sense.
    You need to contact your system administrator for the update.
    05-31-09 02:29 PM
    I don't have a system administrator..
    05-31-09 02:30 PM
    I don't have a system administrator..
    I had the same issue...leave the Apploader that has that message in it open...then click the link again and launch a new Apploader instance...it should allow you to do it then...did for me and a few others...
    05-31-09 02:50 PM
    Thanks! that appears to be working for me!
    05-31-09 02:55 PM
    I am having the same problem you guys are having. Can someone please help me? It keeps saying no update available
    05-31-09 03:09 PM
    I had the same issue...leave the Apploader that has that message in it open...then click the link again and launch a new Apploader instance...it should allow you to do it then...did for me and a few others...
    THANKS YOU ARE AWESOME!
    05-31-09 03:10 PM
    wow, what a crazy workaround, but it seems to be working for me as well!
    05-31-09 03:11 PM
    Which link do u click again while u have the error message from app loader open?
    05-31-09 03:12 PM
    I left the error window open. I clicked the link. I entered my PIN on the BB website, and then it just keeps linking me to the verizon .75 web page
    05-31-09 03:16 PM
    nevermind, midway through i got the BES error again, has anyone fully completed the install using this workaround?

EDIT: tried again when entering a password (though i never remembered setting one), and it seems to be updating to .148 now, getting a lot farther than previously.

EDIT 2: Confirmed, I am now on .148, though everything is wiped. Hope the backup works.
    Last edited by acidsamuraix; 05-31-09 at 03:35 PM.
    05-31-09 03:19 PM
    This worked but it's been stuck on "Connecting to boot ROM" for a while now.

Also, on my device the arrows between the device and computer images is static and not moving.

Should these arrows be constantly moving or static?
    05-31-09 03:24 PM
    Yea, I have the same issue. It tells me to contact my service administrator (dont have one, its a personal phone) and then I click the link, it sends me to Verizons page and theres only .75 available?? How are some finding it, and others like me are having issues? lol
    05-31-09 03:25 PM
    dont click the link, click update (from BB website) again with the old errored apploader still open as well.
    05-31-09 03:29 PM
    Having the same lovely issue. No idea how to get around it.
    05-31-09 03:30 PM
    ****, now it won't let me cancel it.... I think it messed up but what will happen if I unplug it? I can't close out of the program. Will it brick my phone?
    05-31-09 03:30 PM
    Got .148 to come on. It wiped everything off. Thank god I manually backed up my stuff. Restoring now
    05-31-09 04:00 PM
    Excuse my ignorance but is it possible for it to restore .75 when it restores everything else? Sorry if thats a really dumb question but I just want to be sure
    05-31-09 04:01 PM
    Having the two app loaders up at once worked for me. Not sure why, but it did. Thanks to whoever figured that out.

"Excuse my ignorance but is it possible for it to restore .75 when it restores everything else? Sorry if thats a really dumb question but I just want to be sure "

If you restore your backed up stuff it shouldn't reinstall .75 Mine wiped all of my stuff too and I restored it all and its running .148
    05-31-09 04:11 PM
    finally installed it, works like a charm!

thanks again to this thread for providing the solution!
    05-31-09 04:24 PM
    for those who have problems freezing, my device froze as well in the middle of installation

i did a battery pull, rebooted to a blank screen, and just plugged it back into my laptop and reran the installation

worked the 2nd time

it is heart stopping though
    05-31-09 04:25 PM
    i even had the same problems when reinstalling my settings and apps. froze halfway, had to yank the battery, reboot, and then plug back in for it to resume

definitely definitely definitely definitely definitely backup before starting!!!!!
    05-31-09 04:25 PM
    Excuse my ignorance but is it possible for it to restore .75 when it restores everything else? Sorry if thats a really dumb question but I just want to be sure
    I was worried about the same thing, but by the looks of it, it doesnt save a copy of the OS, all the stuff you need....

After i updated, i did *228 option 1 and then *228 option 2...got back on the browser...did a battery pull, then restored...all my pictures and everything are back and no problems...
    05-31-09 04:27 PM
    it doesnt

i just tried it
    05-31-09 04:30 PM
    Hey I lost my Blackberry Messenger? Any ideas of how to get it back?

Also I had heard that if I lock in portrait mode it would stay that way... just tried it and it still flips back and forth between portrait and landscape when its in lock mode
    05-31-09 04:44 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD