I bought this one. It came in today. and well worth the 11 dollars i spent shipped lol.. its very very secure, and is custom made for the storm.. i did however need to shave just a touch off the lower mount to allow for the charger to plug in completely.

Will post pics later
    03-16-09 05:33 PM

Sorry took them with a Palm (not the best camera)
    But you can get the idea. I just unplugged the charger cord for the pics. But its real convenient because u just throw it on. No wires to mess with. Notice the last pic the phone is upside down.
    03-16-09 05:43 PM
    I decided to try... The nice thing is you can use paypal... So if its a gip... You can at least fight it and get your money back..I will keep you updated
    This mount definitely looks like what I've been searching for. Any troubles with that 4u-mobile site? I'm still kind of nervous from buying from a random site that looks to be based in China.
    03-17-09 08:32 AM

Sorry took them with a Palm (not the best camera)
    But you can get the idea. I just unplugged the charger cord for the pics. But its real convenient because u just throw it on. No wires to mess with. Notice the last pic the phone is upside down.
    Yours must be a lot tighter fit than the one I have. No way mine would stay in the cradle upside down. I assumed all of the docks were that way, I guess not.

As good as that looks, I'd really like to go the route the ProClips has - where the mounts are vehicle specific. The problem is that I have a 2003 Xterra and the only thing they have on their site is an "over the vent" type of console mount. I was really looking for something that could go on the side of the console, since I actually use my vents and wouldn't want my BB there. I have a picture link below (from ProCips's website) with the area circled where I'd like to install a mount. If anyone has recommendations I'm open.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...Xterradash.jpg

UPDATE: I found this from Kuda, http://www.kudausa.com/images/consoles/333.jpg, but I don't see how the Storm is held in place. It looks to be magnetic. There is a seperate charger you can buy for the Storm but, again, I don't see how the device itself works with this.
    Last edited by bfarneth; 03-17-09 at 01:28 PM.
    03-17-09 08:57 AM
    This mount definitely looks like what I've been searching for. Any troubles with that 4u-mobile site? I'm still kind of nervous from buying from a random site that looks to be based in China.
    Is two weeks time. Finally I rcvd the car mount from 4U-Mobi. Look nice as rynoondew said.

vsly, if you really worry with that site. Try to find on ebay. I saw once which is a bit cheaper! Check this guy on ebay

Good Luck!
    03-17-09 11:24 PM
    Is two weeks time. Finally I rcvd the car mount from 4U-Mobi. Look nice as rynoondew said.

vsly, if you really worry with that site. Try to find on ebay. I saw once which is a bit cheaper! Check this guy on ebay

Good Luck!
    Well, I took the plunge and ordered from that site. thanks to you and rynoondew for reporting back on your experiences with them. It gave me enough confidence to send them my 29.99.

I did find the handsfree version at this site as well BlackBerry Storm 9530 Hands Free Car Mount Charging Kit but didn't see the need for that feature and the extra $20
    03-19-09 02:49 PM
    Do you think this would work with Innocase II?
    04-01-09 12:39 AM
    Well, I took the plunge and ordered from that site. thanks to you and rynoondew for reporting back on your experiences with them. It gave me enough confidence to send them my 29.99.

I did find the handsfree version at this site as well BlackBerry Storm 9530 Hands Free Car Mount Charging Kit but didn't see the need for that feature and the extra $20
    Well I waited just about 2 weeks and finally got my package. Tried putting the Storm into it and noticed the usb connector was a Mini USB not Micro...looked at the mangled box it was shipped in and it said "For Black Berry 9000 Bold" Checked my PayPal receipt to make sure I ordered the right one and I did. So looks like www.4u-mobi.com ****ed up. This sucks...I emailed them to let them know of their mistake...let's see where that gets me.
    04-03-09 03:16 PM
    You should ask them for another one or ask for a refund.
    04-05-09 10:02 PM
    I do something similar in my 18 wheeler and it never has a problem and it does not get any bumpier than a Freightliner in New York City. Of course I'm not putting it upside down. Thats too much like tempting fate. I like the fact that its real easy to remove so I don't need to be leaning over to do things like change songs in the media player. With stereo bluetooth in the vehicle its like having a remote. I had the Bury Cradle for my Curve which the wife uses now but the Storm version is way too expensive at 80 bucks or more plus shipping. Thats more than some phones.

Yeah, that makes me nervous. That desktop charger only holds your phone in by the charging port, and with it being right next to your side window...well, one wrong turn with your window down could be ugly.

Of course this is just my perception on it, I could be wrong. It looks sharp either way.
    04-06-09 02:36 AM
    You should ask them for another one or ask for a refund.
    Yes, they actually responded to my email asking for pictures as proof as their records didn't show any error. I sent the pics to them...i'm feeling confident they will do the right thing and send another one. Just sucks i'll probably have to wait another 2 weeks now.
    04-06-09 07:36 AM
    Good Luck! I think they will send you another one.
    04-07-09 07:33 AM
    -----------
    Yeah, I got one of these as well, and I think the comments are 100% spot on. I love this holder - BUT it is hard to get the phone out, but it is really cool! Nice quality, very flexible...
    re KiDiGi cm-bb95 for the storm
    This sounds great, but I can't find a retailer -- only the manufacturer's website and some wholesale importers. Where did you buy yours?
    04-17-09 02:44 PM
    I think most of us purchase from the onlinestore "4u-mobi" shown on Kidigi website. But I saw some guy also sell the same item on ebay. You may have a look too.
    04-18-09 10:07 PM
    What's a good one for Lexus GS350?
    04-18-09 10:57 PM
    also- does any of the mounts that you guys currently have- do they cover the usb port for charging? I have a cheapy mount that I have in my Acura MDX- it looks great...perfect angle and everything- however the sides cover the USB slot. I listen to my BB through the factory speakers via the AUX (music,flycast, etc) and it scares me that I don't have a good way to keep it charged while driving and doing those other things.
    Nothing that alittle patience and a dremel would not fix, especially if it "is" your favorite.

Hawk
    04-19-09 12:25 AM
    I purchased a Brodit mount (I think the same as Pro CLip in US) following recommendations in this thread. I'm delighted with it - v secure, easy to insert/take out, can be used vertically or horizontally. I also hate windscreen mounts (personal view I know).
    The Brodit has a Storm mount attaching to a bracket that is custom made for each make/model of car. I have a Honda CRV and had a choice of 2 - one next to the instrument binnacle or one next to the glovebox. Easy to attach as it clips into place.
    There's also a choice of passive, active or hard-wired mounts.
    Highly recommended and certainly in the UK it was next day delivery.
    04-19-09 10:15 AM
    Just bought a Storm specific mount from ebay. Cost me �20 inc postage. Picture attached and I'm quite happy with it. The cigarette lighter adapter provides the power and also amplifies the voice. The cradle clamps onto the Storm tightly. The suction mount is very strong with a release handle and there's plenty of adjustment.

It looks like one of the mounts mentioned earlier in this thread.
    04-21-09 01:39 PM
    I use the Scosche Dock-It cupholder mount. I think it's wonderful...

you can probably find it at BestBuy, Frys Electronics, or some similar stores.

Scosche IUHC4 Mobile Dock-IT Mount Kit
    Amazon.com: Scosche IUHC4 Mobile Dock-IT Mount Kit (Black): Electronics

My Car:
    Last edited by gafly; 04-21-09 at 02:21 PM.
    04-21-09 02:10 PM
    I made my own. Hand cut and shaped aluminum with a nice thin suede protective layer between the metal and my phone. I am getting ready to make the second incarnation of it because this one wobbles a bit when I have it mounted on my dash.
    04-23-09 10:10 AM
    Verizon put out a nice couple of mounts for my LG, and they seem to work pretty good holding the Storm.
    They are adjustable and can fit in either the cup holder or mount to a open spot like I did in my GMC Sierra
    04-23-09 10:32 AM
    I found a Universal Windshield Mount at BestBuy for $24.99. The brand name is, Xentrix Wireless. I wanted to replace the mount I had that was a vent mount because...well...it blocked the vent. I mounted the new mount low on the windshield and it doesn't bother me that much. The mount is very securely attached to the windshield. I didn't want to stick Velcro to my dash or steering wheel. I've had past experiences where certain adhesives would damage the dash. The mount has a ball joint and a hinge on the arm. In other words, highly adjustable. There are holes in the sides of the mount's arms, so a power cord can be connected.
    03-27-10 07:24 PM
97 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD