I just had to wipe my handheld and re-activate my device on BES.

I have .75 (via OTA).

I go to application center and the list is empty. I click on refresh list and it says "Updating Application List. Please wait..."

It just sits there. ***Update - it finally timed out and said it couldn't connect to server. Signal strength is fine...

Also, after this wipe, I started having issues with Visual Voicemail not trusting a certificate. I've never encountered that problem since I've had the storm. I finally found someone who had a similar problem (on another device and another issue) who had to go into certificates and trust the certificate from there.

I haven't run into this before, it works now, but I'm just curious why its different.
    12-09-08 12:26 AM
    Hit refresh and wait it takes a while sometimes. Make sure your phone is registered on the network.
    12-09-08 12:27 AM
    Yeah you might want to re register it to make sure. Options/advanced options/host routing tables/highlight first entry/menu/register now
    12-09-08 12:29 AM
    I'm getting the same thing.. It worked fine, I updated and wiped the device and now I get "Failed to authenticate server" when refreshing the EMPTY list!

wtf!
    12-12-08 03:53 PM
    when you wipe the device, it wiped out all of the security certificates. you need to go to this site on your bb, and it will load all of the certificates, and the app center will be able to refresh.
    PM me, and ill send the link. It won't let me post url's until i have 10 posts.
    12-15-08 02:14 PM
    I've got the exact same problem after a wipe. Downloading the certificates is exactly what I need as well. I'll PM you evan, thanks!
    12-15-08 06:36 PM
    can anyone help me. what site do i go to get the certificates? thanks
    12-17-08 05:33 AM
    Yes resend the service books to phone and after it does then wait a min or 2 and it should work.... If not then you have to find the thread on CB about VVM there is a guide on how to troubleshoot but try to resend service books...
    12-17-08 05:48 AM
    Resending the service books does not fix this problem as I've tried it twice. We need to download the security certificates somehow as our lists are wiped and blank, that's definitely the problem. evanl23 suggested he knew how but I've yet to hear back from him. Anybody else know how to repopulate my certificates list? Thanks!!
    12-17-08 10:36 AM
    Evan finally replied back to me and provided the link to the hotfix.

FYI, it worked great on my Storm and everything seems back to normal now:
    na.blackberry.com/eng/files/hotfix/storm/net_rim_bb_hf2008018_reloadcerts.jad
    12-17-08 02:51 PM
    Ok i have tried e-mailing people and pming people and it says i have to have 10 posts but i am having the same problem and I am not sure how to reload the certificates. can anyone help me my e-mail is Linc8301 @ gmail.com
    02-15-09 01:57 PM
    Ok i have tried e-mailing people and pming people and it says i have to have 10 posts but i am having the same problem and I am not sure how to reload the certificates. can anyone help me my e-mail is Linc8301 @ gmail.com
    Are you using a curve or the storm?

If you are using the storm, go to the following link from your BB Browser.
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/files/h...eloadcerts.jad

If you are using the curve, go to the following link from your BB Browser.
    http://www.blackberry.com/go/missingcerts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 03:13 PM
    I tried putting the link in my browser a couple times and it would time out but the 3rd times a charm it finally worked and now i believe everything is working great on my phone
    02-15-09 10:58 PM
    I was having the same exact problems described in this thread and the link provided by hoseheed fix it.
    03-04-09 08:50 PM
    Hi can anyone send me the url for reloading the certificates for a Blackberry 8800? I am having the same stupid problem!

Thanks!
    04-24-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD