My wife works for a case manufacturing company, and they don't have a case for the storm yet. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas we could give them so we could have a stylish, funtional case for the storm. I haven't really seen any yet. They make them in leather and nylon or whatever we ask.
    12-30-08 11:12 AM
    There are a couple o cases for the storm -- nothing too special yet, but VZ sells some silicone sleeves as its store and also Vaja leather just came out with some cases for Storm, www.vajacases.com.
    12-30-08 11:13 AM
    recommend reading various case reviews/opinion threads - use feedback from those as input into new prod dev. you could also look at polls to see which types of cases are most popular.
    12-30-08 11:15 AM
    check out crackberry shop. they have some nice ones. Seidio as well.
    12-30-08 11:20 AM
    I would like a hard case that would be easy to take from pocket. The silicone cases that are out get stuck in my pocket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 11:21 AM
    Otterbox should have something soon

We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com

LOL, my bad...I read "manufacturing company" and immediately thought an industrial case.

Try this site:

Accessories, iPod, iPhone, Zune, Toys, Gifts, Sporting Goods, Samsung, LG, Blackberry & More
    Last edited by onstageone; 12-30-08 at 11:37 AM.
    12-30-08 11:21 AM
    Yeah I have a silicone one too, I was thinking about a swivel one that i could just take off my belt but cant come up with a idea of what the case should look like, maybe a leather frame with open front?
    12-30-08 11:24 AM
    I bought the OEM leather puch w/ belt clip from VZW. It works awesome for me!
    Leather Pouch w/ clip
    Last edited by bkr6891; 12-30-08 at 11:30 AM. Reason: update
    12-30-08 11:27 AM
    I don't like the BlackBerry leather pouch available, I do like some that Seidio has
    12-30-08 11:28 AM
    My wife works for a case manufacturing company, and they don't have a case for the storm yet. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas we could give them so we could have a stylish, funtional case for the storm. I haven't really seen any yet. They make them in leather and nylon or whatever we ask.
    Looks like few read your post since they're suggesting cases already available...

Since you're looking for design ideas, I'd suggest a nice leather case ( I prefer a horizontal case) that provides access for the head phones. A nice low profile belt clip (rather than belt loops).

If the design was for a Vertical case, then a rotating belt clip that would allow for horizontal carry as well as vertical would be nice. I had one similar to that for my BB Pearl. Again, access for the headphones would be good.

Either case should have the Sleep function magnet placed correctly so the Storm senses it and locks/sleeps when placed in the case.

Hope this is what you are looking for.
    12-30-08 11:31 AM
    Yep, excellent ideas chasvs thanks alot.
    12-30-08 11:35 AM
    Yeah, I second the vaja cases. They are awesome cases but very expensive. Personally, I would like to see something like the seidio Innocase II, but in a leather like material (kinda like what Griffin makes for the iphone) and line it with some material so it doesn't scratch up the phone. That's what I'm searching for, but have not found it........yet.

BTW - for some reason as of today, Vaja has taken off the Storm from their lineup!?!?
    12-30-08 01:02 PM
    I would prefer to have a case that I could keep my Storm in a Silicone cover(protect from falls, first one hurt) and then a leather one to hold it, while in the silicone cover.
    12-30-08 01:13 PM
    I would like to see a case that has an id holder and slots for credit cards. Sort of like a wallet
    12-30-08 01:19 PM
    Check your PM sherf1butch
    12-30-08 01:19 PM
    Yeah, I second the vaja cases. They are awesome cases but very expensive. Personally, I would like to see something like the seidio Innocase II, but in a leather like material (kinda like what Griffin makes for the iphone) and line it with some material so it doesn't scratch up the phone. That's what I'm searching for, but have not found it........yet.

BTW - for some reason as of today, Vaja has taken off the Storm from their lineup!?!?
    Not for me as I just went to their site and dug down to the Storm cases.
    12-30-08 02:13 PM
    I would like to see a case that has an id holder and slots for credit cards. Sort of like a wallet
    yeah i 2nd this.
    12-30-08 02:18 PM
    Hard case with a plastic cover for the screen...check the profile
    12-30-08 02:20 PM
    I am thinking about getting one of those vaja cases. The one you slide it in and out of. I hate having a case on my phone while using it. But I dont mind putting it into one to hold onto it while driving, or wat work or in my pocket.
    12-30-08 05:36 PM
    Try sennacases.com a few to choose from. Sleeves, wallets, etc. Lower priced than Vaja but also offer color choices.
    Last edited by CamLynn; 12-30-08 at 05:53 PM.
    12-30-08 05:50 PM
    I had an idea similar to this. someone should make up a new battery door that has a built in slot for credit cards and possibly a money clip on outside.
    12-30-08 08:00 PM
    Try sennacases.com a few to choose from. Sleeves, wallets, etc. Lower priced than Vaja but also offer color choices.
    Can you try that again? Seems to be a redirect page.
    12-30-08 11:26 PM
    Seidio Seidio Seidio!!
    12-30-08 11:47 PM
    when I had my pearl, I was always a fan of the crock cases. I currently use a crock pouch version, but not the same.

Sena Black Croco Leather Case for BlackBerry 8100 Pearl

Black Croc-Embossed Leather BlackBerry Pearl 8130 Case and Holster - Case-mate
    12-30-08 11:53 PM
    the best cases i've sold and i've sold just about all of them from all sources is the body glove silicone. Bodyglove makes a silicone for just about all the best smart phones but the KICK is the kickstand they use w/ the belt clip. Its a regular silicone so your phone doesn't gain any weight and out of the back is the knob that hold attaches to the kickstand clip. This is the Bold's case but they haven't made a case for the Storm and this wourl kill all the rest and for next to nothing. But remember to make the belt clip very sturdy. If you need research get one of these to see the best in quality.
    12-31-08 12:03 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD