I edited this post and made the new additions to the post blue so they are easy to spot. Thanks to everyone who helped me fix this up and keep the suggestions coming.

58.4 MB of Memory at start up!! w/ OneofaKindPc’s Hybrid and set-up below
    51 MB of Memory at start up!! w/ 113 and set-up below

14 APPS Installed: Autolock, BBfilescout, Bolt Browser, Buzz me, CB Launcher, Vista Complete Theme, Meterberry, Missing Light, DrinkDrankDrunk, Mobihome, QuickLaunch, WeatherBerry, and Weatherbug

I’m just doing this to help, and I apologize if something like this is already available. Please don’t flame me.
    I wanted to take a second and post my instructions on how to get your phone set up like mine. I finally after ages of changing things have a lot of apps, A huge theme, And a stable, fast OS with 58.4 mb of memory at start up. I stay in the 40’s all day, not bad for all of this stuff! I always wanted to mimic someone’s elses set-up who had success with good memory and a lot of apps, so once I got there I’d figured I’d post a how to. I wrote this as if you were a newbie, so I apologize if some of this is too detailed. I put links to everything that I use frequently, Websites, etc.

***I had Viigo, which I loved, but then I started going on Mobihome and its set up in a similar way and uses no Memory, where Viigo is a monster and was killing my memory, just an idea…Please let me know if there is anything that I need, or should change. I have been typing for so long my head is spinning.  Alright here we go!

First off...there are some setting that I would change to make your phone easier to use.

SETTINGS

1. Go to options..screen/Keyboard...Set the key rate to Fast Tap Interval to 100, Hover period to 100, Swipe sensitivity to 6. This will make your touch screen easier to use (more sensitive.

2. Go to options...mobile network...network technology and set it to 1xEV. This stops your phone from trying to so through your sim Card that is in there for global use. This makes you battery last longer.

3. Go to options...memory...set your Mass storage mode support to the on setting. This will make it so that your computer will recognize your 8gb card just like a flash drive and you can put files on it really easy on your computer this way.

4. This one is up to you. I go to options...Advanced options...and set Location aiding to Disabled... and GPS Services to E911 Only. This turns my stand alone GPS off because I don’t use it really and it makes my batter last MUCH longer. If I need it for something I just set it back.

5. The OS I’m using doesn’t have an event log. It’s removed, but if yours does, I would hide all items. This seems to help keep your memory up. At least on my phone. Open your key board from your home screen. Then landscape the phone and click…
    !?123 (THIS IS THE BUTTON NEXT TO THE Z) then /, then !?123 again, then “, then !?123 /, then !?123 “ Now your done and you should see your even log. Then click bb button. Options, click ACCACC on the screen, and then select hide all types. Exit out and click save.

The setting above might only be hiding the event log and not deleting it so I suggest using LogMaid which is a application that runs in the background of your OS and clears your Event Log every hour. It's free & can be found at the CB/MobiHand store or you can use the following OTA link:
    logMaid
    http://www.mobireach.com/upload/342/26342/logMaid.jad

6. I make sure to have 11 items or less in my BB menu. I saw somewhere that this can help the phone speed. Might be a placebo, but whatever. I always make a system folder in the BB menu and put everything that’s system related in there.

7. I always take out my sim card because I also heard that this helps with Re-boots, who knows. Can’t hurt, I never leave the USA.

8. Also, go to options...screen/keyboard..Make sure your keytone is set to off. This will speed up the typing a bit. Your auto dim back light it set to on (if you are going to use autolock). Then set your backlight brightness to 20, or 50 for a little brighter. This also makes a big difference for battery life. Thanks Chaosbringer!

9. I also recommend formatting your SD card. Not so much anymore, but people used to have big problems with their SD cards and formatting them seemed to fix it. So it cant hurt. To do this you can go to options...memory...click the bb button. Then select format. Now understand that this clears everything on your card. So make sure to connect your phone to your computer. Go into my computer and it should show your phone SD car as a external hard drive. Copy all the files from it onto a folder in your desktop. Then Follow the instructions above to format your SD card. Then copy the stuff you had there back in.

YOU NEED TO DO A BATTERY PULL AT LEAST EVERY OTHER DAY TO KEEP YOUR OS FRESH. I SUGGEST DOING IT ONCE A DAY. IF YOU DO THIS, YOUR PHONE WILL BE FASTER! A REALLY EASY WAY TO DO THIS IS TO GET METERBERRY DESCRIBED IN THE APPS SECTION BELOW AND GO TO..OPTIONS WHILE IN METERBERRY...DOWN TO THE BOTTOM, CHOOSE RESET DEVICE DAILY,....AND PICK A TIME...I HAVE MINE REBOOT AT 4:00am. THEN ITS NICE AND FRESH WHEN I WAKE UP. YOU CAN ALSO USE QUICK PULL OR SOFT RESET TO DO THIS, BUT THEY ARE KINDA FLAKY AND HARD TO NAVIGATE THROUGH. METERBERRY IS MUCH EASIER.

Installing a New OS

These phones have an operating system just like your computer. But RIM (Blackberry) released the stock OS quick and hurried it into production to try and compete with the I-phone. And while it works fine. Its slow as ****. So they have been messing with the OS ever since and when they change a few things on it they will release what’s called a LEAK OS. Which is not an official one through Verizon but like a trial beta one through RIM to see how it works. There have been like 10+ OS leaks and most had annoying bugs or problems. But the recent ones are good. If I were you I would install this one...113 Link Below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/st...d-here-189149/

This one is really stable and works good and fast. Okay so how do you do it, well

I'm also now adding the link for the Bell .122 Official OS Thread that has the download link. You can use this one instead of the .113 build if you would like. The directions would be the same just use the .122 file instead of the .113 mentioned in the directions. Link below, enjoy.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/be...wnload-207862/

1. Download the new os from the link above. They are usually like 130MB or so, so it might take a little while.

2. Then you have to go to the file you downloaded and install it. It is going to walk you through the process of installation. At the end of the install, it is going to ask you if you want to run desktop manager after you finish the installation. Say no.

3. So now you have on your computer, installed files to load the new os. They install all of this stuff hidden in a folder of your computer. You can install it using your desktop manager (the software given to you by Verizon to backup your phone stuff and load new stuff onto it). I don’t like to do it this way, so I’m going to show you a faster and easier way to install your new OS and basically leave everything else on your phone the same so you don’t have to load your backup file to get your contacts and setting on there.

IF YOU WANT THE SLIMMED DOWN VERSION OF 122 for 58.4mb at boot-up, LIKE IM RUNNING NOW, GO ON TO STEP 4. If you just want 113 for 50.5 MB at boot-up. Then go on to Step A below. Here is the link for the original post regarding the hybrid. Be sure to check it out if you are uneasy about it.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/12...inddpc-201485/

4. Go to

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

and download OneOfAkindPC’s Hybrid. This hybrid is a slimmed down version of 122; it’s a much smaller file than the original. This gives you a lot of more memory available. But is also without things like brickbreaker, all the messengers, except for BB messenger, etc. I don’t use any of these things so it doesn’t bother me, but if your worried your going to miss something like Facebook. Just skip step 4, go on to step A, and install 113. If this doesn’t bother you. Continue… Unzip it. Take the contents of this unzipped rar and copy them. Then on your computer go to....My Computer....C Drive....Program Files...Common Files...Research and Motion...shared….the 113 folder…and erase everything in it. Then place the new hybrid files into the 113 folder. Then, go to My Computer....C Drive....Program Files...Common Files...Research and Motion...App Loader..Scroll all the way down to the bottom. Right click the Vendor.xml file and delete it. You dont need it and the safe thing to do is to always delete it, if its there. There should be a JAVA folder, CDMA folder and 14 files. You can now close everything. Just to start from scratch for the install.

DEFAULT FONT:
    he hybrid is missing the default font set to save some space. This means that you will have like 9 font to choose from and not like 15 I think. For me, personally, its not a big deal. But if you use the hybrid, you will have to choose a different font than the default one. If you would like to add the default font to the hybird, simply Download this file..
    after you get the new java folder in place, simply extract this to the java folder as well. If you don't care about the default front, I would suggest bypassing this part. (adds another 1.5mb to you phone) Thanks BBCrackman

So now were ready to install it on your phone..

A. Connect your phone to the computer.
    B. Back-up your phone using desktop manager. Then close desktop manager. (You don’t have to do this, I would just hate for something to go wrong and for you to lose all of your settings and contacts) Then close DM. If you are familiar with DM and want to install that way, make sure that you disconnect from the internet before you use DM to install. The reason for this is that DM tries to get updates from the RIM server and sometimes these can stop DM from loading your OS, it will want to load the one it found from RIM. And that one will be a much older version. We are NOT using DM, we are using the app loader. The app loader does not search for updates, so in turn we DO NOT have to disconnect from the internet if you are using these instructions.
    C. Then, go to My Computer....C Drive....Program Files...Common Files...Research and Motion...App Loader..Scroll all the way down to the bottom. Right click the Vendor.xml file and delete it. You dont need it and the safe thing to do is to always delete it, if its there. Then on your computer go to....My Computer....C Drive....Program Files...Common Files...Research and Motion...App Loader...Then Click on the App Loader in that folder. The icon looks like a phone.
    D. This loader will walk you through the process. You are going to click next twice and it is going to read your phone to see what OS you have now. You basically at this point Click yes, or next to everything until it starts loading the new os. It will ask you right before it starts if you want to back-up you phone before installation, and you click yes. You do want that, because that part is going to be what keeps everything that’s on the phone exactly the same. So you don’t have to load it again. That would be ****ty!
    E. Now, as the new OS is being loaded you cannot unplug the phone it will mess it up. Your computer also cannot go into sleep mode, so make sure it doesn’t usually do that because I’m not sure if that would mess it up, but it couldn’t be good. :-). You can change this in control panel...power settings.
    F. You will see your phone go through a bunch of steps...white screen, hour glass, and you will be able to see the computer go through the steps. Now when it finished loading the OS files it will say connecting to your device on your computer. This takes a while and the line barely moves...don’t panic this is just what it does. Don’t know why. As your phone reboots you will see the little blue line on the bottom go across, but don’t unplug it yet because the back-up file it created still hasn’t been loaded yet.
    G. The phone will turn back on and you will see the verizon screen. Then you will see the computer start loading your old settings, contacts, etc.
    H. After this your phone will be done and the computer will say that your OS has been updated successfully. Then you can pick up the phone unplug it and start messing around. You’re going to have to click through some setting things, but everything else should be good to go. I always dial *228, just to re activate everything with verizon, you don’t have to do this, but I do it. I don’t know why, just to make sure I’m connected to the towers right.
    Congrats, you should be good to go. Go to...Options...About and look there. It should say V4.7.0113 if you loaded 113 and V4.7.0122 if you loaded 122. If it does you now you new OS loaded. You should notice right away that the typing is faster and the screen flipping is fast. Everything is just better.

There are also a bunch of AWESOME APPS and websites I'm going to share with you, that I use all the time.

WEBSITES

Storm Wiki - awesome website that has great stuff. tips. Go to the Storm OTA Applications...if you go here from your phone, you can click any of these like 200 apps to download them right there. It’s nice.
    BlackBerry Storm Wiki: The BlackBerry Storm Wiki with all the information you want to know!

Mobihome...awesome site that has a really cool setup for news, information, sports, etc..
    MobiHome - Touch Screen Mobile Web Portal

Storm ota.com has a crap load off apps that you can get ota (over the air, with your phone)
    StormOTA

Crackberry. A must have. : -)
    http://wap.crackberry.com/

APPS

I am going to link you to a list of apps that I have on my phone now and do not have any memory leaks.. I'll include the link so that you can just click the address from your phone....select get link and..Click download and you’ll have the new app.

Theme

Vista Complete Theme – This theme is incredible. He changed so much and its ultra fast. A MUST HAVE. Check it out. It’s a steal for 5 bucks. I have been through 20 themes or so. This one tops them all.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/vi...ersion-195428/

COZPER'S THEMES - I also recommend Cozper's themes if you like a simple and VERY FAST theme that is functional. He is an awesome guy and really goes above and beyond to help anyone who enjoys his themes. He went back and forth with me for like 20 E-mails. Really great guy. There's a link to his themes below. Scroll down and look at his signature, he has all of his themes listed.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/ne...ns-ota-190791/

Weatherbug - Awesome weather app that if you set it to the first app on your blackberry, it will show up at the top of your home screen next to the signal. real nice.

http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/storm/storm.jad

BerryWeather - This is a awesome weather app that is much faster and better looking than weatherbug. But, here the catch. Its $10, ouch! Could be worth it though.
    BerryWeather - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

Bolt - Awesome internet browser. Great for websites that aren’t for phones.

http://www.boltbrowser.com/beta/boltbb.jad

AutoLock - I love this because it auto locks your phone after it dims. Because the lock button is so slow. Drives me crazy. So I just put it in my pocket and let it lock on its own.
    http://www.geekandproud.net/blackber...k/autolock.jad

Quick launch...
    This on you’ll have to buy to have, but it’s sick. Check it out. One click access to anything you want, SMS, Call, Websites…etc
    QuickLaunch - Launch Apps, Websites, Email, SMS, PIN, Phone #'s, Media files and more! - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software on OnlyBlackBerry.com

Missing light - Lights your phone up blue when you have missed call. I like it because I could never tell.

MissingLight - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

Fixed the link...but apparently its not free anymore, Its 2.95. Sorry about that. A must have. Makes it really easy to see you have a missed call.

Buzz Me – Buzz Me, free app to do what the phone should already do! Rather than vibrating first and then ringing after the vibration is finished.
    http://www.bigtincan.com/misc/BuzzMe.jad

Meterberry – This is a great app that monitors battery usage a well as memory consumption. Its also has a soft reset function that you can schedule if you choose. Much easier to use than soft-reset or quickpull.
    MeterBerry - Battery and memory manager. - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software.

Crackberry launcher – This puts a button on your phone that takes you directly to crackberry.

Mobihome launcher – Great launcher for the mobihome website I was talking about in the website section.
    Go to MobiHome - Touch Screen Mobile Web Portal the download is at the bottom.

Blackberry app world – Great place to get all the new apps right from your phone.
    To download: Go to Download BlackBerry App World from your BlackBerry Browser

Connect 4 – Cool game. It costs like 3 bucks, But I love it. Just like the original.
    Connect Four - Games Blackberry Software

BBFilescout - cool file explorer that lets you manipulate files…ex. Zip them.
    http://live.streamhosting.ch/bb/BBFileScout.jad

Wow, I was typing like a mile a minute, this Post is ridiculous! LOL I hope this was helpful.
    Later,
    Brandon
    Last edited by branon9530; 04-19-09 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Adding Info...
    04-15-09 02:37 PM
    Great post, thanks for sharing!
    04-15-09 03:25 PM
    Nic post. I'm going to tinker with my replacement when it arrives tomorrow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 03:29 PM

7. I always take out my sim card because I also heard that this helps with Re-boots, who knows. Can�t hurt, I never leave the USA.

can't hurt? i think it can. taking the sim in and out scratches up the gold contact leads on the sim card. over time, you will wear it out and it won't make a good connection.
    04-15-09 03:31 PM
    I tried to post this in the HOW-TO Section, but the site wouldn't let me.

58.4 MB of Memory at start up!! w/ OneofaKindPc’s Hybrid and set-up below
    51 MB of Memory at start up!! w/ 113 and set-up below

14 APPS Installed: Autolock, BBfilescout, Bolt Browser, Buzz me, CB Launcher, Vista Complete Theme, Meterberry, Missing Light, DrinkDrankDrunk, Mobihome, QuickLaunch, WeatherBerry, and Weatherbug

I’m just doing this to help, and I apologize if something like this is already available. Please don’t flame me.
    I wanted to take a second and post my instructions on how to get your phone set up like mine. I finally after ages of changing things have a lot of apps, A huge theme, And a stable, fast OS with 58.4 mb of memory at start up. I stay in the 40’s all day, not bad for all of this stuff! I always wanted to mimic someone’s else’s set-up who had success with good memory and a lot of apps, so once I got there I’d figured I’d post a how to. I wrote this as if you were a newbie, so I apologize if some of this is too detailed. I put links to everything that I use frequently, Websites, etc.

***I had Viigo, which I loved, but then I started going on Mobihome and its set up in a similar way and uses no Memory, where Viigo is a monster and was killing my memory, just an idea…Please let me know if there is anything that I need, or should change. I have been typing for so long my head is spinning.  Alright here we go!

First off...there are some setting that I would change to make your phone easier to use.

SETTINGS

1. Go to options..screen/Keyboard...Set the key rate to Fast Tap Interval to 100, Hover period to 100, Swipe sensitivity to 6. This will make your touch screen easier to use (more sensitive.

2. Go to options...mobile network...network technology and set it to 1xEV. This stops your phone from trying to so through your sim Card that is in there for global use. This makes you battery last longer.

3. Go to options...memory...set your Mass storage mode support to the on setting. This will make it so that your computer will recognize your 8gb card just like a flash drive and you can put files on it really easy on your computer this way.

4. This one is up to you. I go to options...Advanced options...and set Location aiding to Disabled... and GPS Services to E911 Only. This turns my stand alone GPS off because I don’t use it really and it makes my batter last MUCH longer. If I need it for something I just set it back.

5. The OS I’m using doesn’t have an event log. It’s removed, but if yours does, I would hide all items. This seems to help keep your memory up. At least on my phone. Open your key board and click…
    !?123 /, then !?123 “, then !?123 /, then !?123 “. It will bring up your event log. Then click bb button. Options, click the screen and then select hide all types. Exit out and click save.

6. I make sure to have 11 items or less in my BB menu. I saw somewhere that this can help the phone speed. Might be a placebo, but whatever. I always make a system folder in the BB menu and put everything that’s system related in there.

7. I always take out my sim card because I also heard that this helps with Re-boots, who knows. Can’t hurt, I never leave the USA.

Installing a New OS

These phones have an operating system just like your computer. But RIM (Blackberry) released the stock OS quick and hurried it into production to try and compete with the I-phone. And while it works fine. Its slow as ****. So they have been messing with the OS ever since and when they change a few things on it they will release what’s called a LEAK OS. Which is not an official one through Verizon but like a trial beta one through RIM to see how it works. There have been like 10+ OS leaks and most had annoying bugs or problems. But the recent ones are good. If I were you I would install this one...113 Link Below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/st...d-here-189149/

This one is really stable and works good and fast. Okay so how do you do it, well..

1. Download the new os from the link above. They are usually like 130MB or so, so it might take a little while.

2. Then you have to go to the file you downloaded and install it. It is going to walk you through the process of installation. At the end of the install, it is going to ask you if you want to run desktop manager after you finish the installation. Say no.

3. So now you have on your computer, installed files to load the new os. They install all of this stuff hidden in a folder of your computer. You can install it using your desktop manager (the software given to you by Verizon to backup your phone stuff and load new stuff onto it). I don’t like to do it this way, so I’m going to show you a faster and easier way to install your new OS and basically leave everything else on your phone the same so you don’t have to load your backup file to get your contacts and setting on there.

IF YOU WANT THE SLIMMED DOWN VERSION OF 122 for 58.4mb at boot-up, LIKE IM RUNNING NOW, GO ON TO STEP 4. If you just want 113 for 50.5 MB at boot-up. Then go on to Step A below.

4. Go to

and download OneOfAkindPC’s Hybrid. This hybrid is a slimmed down version of 122; it’s a much smaller file than the original. This gives you a lot of more memory available. But is also without things like brickbreaker, all the messengers, except for BB messenger, etc. I don’t use any of these things so it doesn’t bother me, but if your worried your going to miss something like Facebook. Just skip step 4, go on to step A, and install 113. If this doesn’t bother you. Continue… Unzip it. Take the contents of this unzipped rar and copy them. Then on your computer go to....My Computer....C Drive....Program Files...Common Files...Research and Motion...shared….the 113 folder…and erase everything in it. Then place the new hybrid files into the 113 folder. There should be a JAVA folder, CDMA folder and 14 files. You can now close everything. Just to start from scratch for the install.

So now were ready to install it on your phone..

A. Connect your phone to the computer.
    B. Back-up your phone using desktop manager. Then close desktop manager. (You don’t have to do this, I would just hate for something to go wrong and for you to lose all of your settings and contacts) Then close DM.
    C. Then on your computer go to....My Computer....C Drive....Program Files...Common Files...Research and Motion...App Loader...Then Click on the App Loader in that folder. The icon looks like a phone.
    D. This loader will walk you through the process. You are going to click next twice and it is going to read your phone to see what OS you have now. You basically at this point Click yes, or next to everything until it starts loading the new os. It will ask you right before it starts if you want to back-up you phone before installation, and you click yes. You do want that, because that part is going to be what keeps everything that’s on the phone exactly the same. So you don’t have to load it again. That would be ****ty!
    E. Now, as the new OS is being loaded you cannot unplug the phone it will mess it up. Your computer also cannot go into sleep mode, so make sure it doesn’t usually do that because I’m not sure if that would mess it up, but it couldn’t be good. :-). You can change this in control panel...power settings.
    F. You will see your phone go through a bunch of steps...white screen, hour glass, and you will be able to see the computer go through the steps. Now when it finished loading the OS files it will say connecting to your device on your computer. This takes a while and the line barely moves...don’t panic this is just what it does. Don’t know why. As your phone reboots you will see the little blue line on the bottom go across, but don’t unplug it yet because the back-up file it created still hasn’t been loaded yet.
    G. The phone will turn back on and you will see the verizon screen. Then you will see the computer start loading your old settings, contacts, etc.
    H. After this your phone will be done and the computer will say that your OS has been updated successfully. Then you can pick up the phone unplug it and start messing around. You’re going to have to click through some setting things, but everything else should be good to go. I always dial *228, just to re activate everything with verizon, you don’t have to do this, but I do it. I don’t know why, just to make sure I’m connected to the towers right.
    Congrats, you should be good to go. Go to...Options...About and look there. It should say V4.7.0113 if you loaded 113 and V4.7.0122 if you loaded 122. If it does you now you new OS loaded. You should notice right away that the typing is faster and the screen flipping is fast. Everything is just better.

There are also a bunch of AWESOME APPS and websites I'm going to share with you, that I use all the time.

WEBSITES

Storm Wiki - awesome website that has great stuff. tips. Go to the Storm OTA Applications...if you go here from your phone, you can click any of these like 200 apps to download them right there. It’s nice.
    BlackBerry Storm Wiki: The BlackBerry Storm Wiki with all the information you want to know!

Mobihome...awesome site that has a really cool setup for news, information, sports, etc..
    MobiHome - Touch Screen Mobile Web Portal

Storm ota.com has a crap load off apps that you can get ota (over the air, with your phone)
    StormOTA

Crackberry. A must have. : -)

APPS

I am going to link you to a list of apps that I have on my phone now and do not have any memory leaks.. I'll include the link so that you can just click the address from your phone....select get link and..Click download and you’ll have the new app.

Theme

Vista Complete Theme – This theme is incredible. He changed so much and its ultra fast. A MUST HAVE. Check it out. It’s a steal for 5 bucks. I have been through 20 themes or so. This one tops them all.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/vi...ersion-195428/

Weatherbug - Awesome weather app that if you set it to the first app on your blackberry, it will show up at the top of your home screen next to the signal. real nice.

http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/storm/storm.jad

Bolt - Awesome internet browser. Great for websites that aren’t for phones.

http://www.boltbrowser.com/beta/boltbb.jad

AutoLock - I love this because it auto locks your phone after it dims. Because the lock button is so slow. Drives me crazy. So I just put it in my pocket and let it lock on its own.
    http://www.geekandproud.net/blackber...k/autolock.jad

Quick launch...
    This on you’ll have to buy to have, but it’s sick. Check it out. One click access to anything you want, SMS, Call, Websites…etc
    QuickLaunch - Launch Apps, Websites, Email, SMS, PIN, Phone #'s, Media files and more! - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software on OnlyBlackBerry.com

Missing light - Lights your phone up blue when you have missed call. I like it because I could never tell.
    http://the-wongs.net/chris/bb/MissingLight.jad

Buzz Me – Buzz Me, free app to do what the phone should already do! Rather than vibrating first and then ringing after the vibration is finished.
    http://www.bigtincan.com/misc/BuzzMe.jad

Meterberry –
    MeterBerry - Battery and memory manager. - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software.

Crackberry launcher – This puts a button on your phone that takes you directly to crackberry.

Mobihome launcher – Great launcher for the mobihome website I was talking about in the website section.
    Go to MobiHome - Touch Screen Mobile Web Portal the download is at the bottom.

Blackberry app world – Great place to get all the new apps right from your phone.
    To download: Go to Download BlackBerry App World from your BlackBerry Browser
    Connect 4 – Cool game. It costs like 3 bucks, But I love it. Just like the original.
    Connect Four - Games Blackberry Software

BBFilescout - cool file explorer that lets you manipulate files…ex. Zip them. http://live.streamhosting.ch/bb/BBFileScout.jad

Wow, I was typing like a mile a minute, this Post is ridiculous! LOL I hope this was helpful.
    Later,
    Brandon

I'm an ***** what did you mean BB menu in number 6?
    04-15-09 03:32 PM
    You're not an *****. :-)

I probably didnt call it the right name, but the menu you get when you press the BB button or landscape the screen. I always try to shrink the amount of button/links on there down to less than 11.

I agree with you about the gold contact on the bak of the sim car. I don't take it in and out. I just remove it right when I get the phone and put it in the box. :-) I don't think this does any harm, but who knows.

Thanks for the comments guys.
    Have a good day!
    Brandon
    04-15-09 03:38 PM
    When you are on the home screen and you click the BB button, which takes you to the applications list. I think that's the BB menu that he is referring too. Pretty much don't have more than 11 icons.

I'm an ***** what did you mean BB menu in number 6?
    04-15-09 03:39 PM
    Great job!!! You have a lot of patience and you are very thorough. This should be stickied for all!

You're not an *****. :-)

I probably didnt call it the right name, but the menu you get when you press the BB button or landscape the screen. I always try to shrink the amount of button/links on there down to less than 11.

I agree with you about the gold contact on the bak of the sim car. I don't take it in and out. I just remove it right when I get the phone and put it in the box. :-) I don't think this does any harm, but who knows.

Thanks for the comments guys.
    Have a good day!
    Brandon
    04-15-09 03:41 PM
    When you are on the home screen and you click the BB button, which takes you to the applications list. I think that's the BB menu that he is referring too. Pretty much don't have more than 11 icons.
    OOOO the running apps???? thanks for the quick reply guys
    04-15-09 03:43 PM
    Well, no.
    You will get the scroll of running apps if you press and hold down the BB button. I'm talking about just pressing it. Your menu, basically. :-)
    04-15-09 03:49 PM
    No, not the running apps. When you are on main screen, change your phone to landscape and all the icons come up. That's the app menu. The one you are talking is about is the task manager, and that's not it.

OOOO the running apps???? thanks for the quick reply guys
    04-15-09 03:54 PM
    Was just going to sit tight with .122 as is until the next leak or official, but I think I'll give this a try.
    Thanks for sharing
    04-15-09 03:57 PM
    Thanks for the kind words olta. I always feel like I take and take and take from this forum. it was time to give something back. There are so many people on here who do nothing but help others. This site is truly awesome.
    Brandon
    04-15-09 03:57 PM
    I gained a whopping 10mb using the .122/5.0 hybrid, but this might worth a try. Anymore solid info on removing the sim card and/or any benefits?
    04-15-09 04:00 PM
    holy crap, my memory has never been that high 48.82 without a batt pull yet...thanks OP
    04-15-09 04:06 PM
    thanks alot guy
    04-15-09 04:09 PM
    I dont really have anything solid on the Sim card removal. I saw this tip in another post and I have had 2 phones with one reboot (before it was removed). So who knows...
    Tip: If you want to remove it. Use an eraser to slide it out. Comes out easy that way and put it in a safe place.
    04-15-09 04:12 PM
    Rename this thread to "Use common sense and your phone will work".
    I just don't think we can make the assumption that everyone has "common sense" in this society.
    04-15-09 04:31 PM
    And change your screen name to A-Hole

04-15-09 04:32 PM
    Im surprised JeffMVR's Device Model doesnt say..."I-Phone and Loving it!!!"
    :-)
    04-15-09 04:38 PM
    Nice post, definitely picked up some memory from this.

Quick question: I updated from .114 hybrid v3 and now my keyboard font is different and no matter what font I change it to under Screen/Keyboard it stays the same. It wouldn't bother me so much but I can't hardly see the periods. Also, what is the default font? None of the ones on there look similar to what I had defaulted on .114 v3. Thanks!
    04-15-09 04:43 PM
    And change your screen name to A-Hole

AMEN! I swear you can't go through one stinking thread without one a$$ making some moronic comment! Great job OP, helped me a bit!
    04-15-09 04:44 PM
    VERY nice post and TY :-)

NJ: I agree with you, but I believe there are just a small percentage of addicts that have zero positive insight into this phone and just flame away.

Again, very nice post :-)
    04-15-09 04:50 PM
    CRMX,
    Yea, I notices that as well. OneofaKindPC. Removed some of the Fonts from the build to lighten it up. I do remember seeing in one of his hybrid post that someone was asking about this and he linked them to the originals, so they could add them. I would search for them.
    I actually like the different font. I set it to capitals at 9pt. And it almost seems like the .90 radio size on the keyboard Font. Not as big, but close.
    I'd search for you, but I'm like feeding my son with one hand and posting with the other. lol.
    Let me know if you find them. If not, I'll look later.
    Brandon
    04-15-09 04:51 PM
    Seriously dude back off! I have looked at your posts and 90% of the them are in the storm forum and constant b$tching!!! Don't you have anything better to do. Just go get a massage or a pedicure! You are like poison in every thread! Mods please ban this offender!

04-15-09 05:13 PM
163 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD