i was just cleaning up my phone and reinstalled the native aim app. it seems to have been updated from the previous .36 to .41. a silent update it seems. probably just minor fixes.

there isnt anything new with this version, still same features as before which is a bit disappointing.
    Last edited by conceptv; 01-27-09 at 05:50 AM.
    01-27-09 05:45 AM
    Any confirmation on that? is it just for the pearl or for other BB's also
    01-27-09 09:58 AM
    i went to mobile.blackberry.com on my 8330 and there was an upgrade available. 2.1.37 was my old version.

2.1.41 is the new version

i hope it fixes the getting booted all the time bug!

thanks, conceptv!
    01-27-09 10:03 AM
    thank ill work on that. Damnit why cant we have a facebook app update
    01-27-09 11:06 AM
    still shows you being signed on from a moble device?
    01-27-09 12:38 PM
    Mine still shows .37 for T-Mobile on 6.4.0.180 from mobile.blackberry.com. Oh well .37 AIM seems to work fine for me... Is fast and I don't seem to ever get booted or anything.
    01-27-09 03:38 PM
    i'm not usre what the upgrade upgraded...i still get booted from AIM randomly.
    01-27-09 03:46 PM
    i never had a problem with the AIM app. it just lacks features though. like you cant set custom status, you cant view detailed buddy info, cant view buddy icons (even though there's an option for it, weird).

but as for stability it has always worked fine for me.

@lraed74 i think that is an option in AIM itself. so log into your AIM on PC and go into options and uncheck one of the boxes that says something that has to do with show mobile when away from pc. I forget the actual wordage though.
    01-27-09 06:26 PM
    still shows you being signed on from a moble device?
    This is one of my main beefs with the AIM app. Also the fact that you cant view away messages from the buddy list is pretty annoying. I'm almost considering buying jivetalk.
    02-05-09 06:53 PM
    just updating you guys, all three IM services has been officially updated to 2.1.41

AOL, Windows Live/MSN, & Yahoo IM Clients Also Updated To 2.1.41 | BerryReview.com �

nothing new in these releases though. I have talked with the devs from palringo and they say they are working on revamping the palringo app for blackberry. gonna include a lot of stuff like being able to change n view status' among other things. best thing is, it's free!

unfortunately for me, I already bought a license for Jivetalk (which is a great app too) just didnt like to have to spend that much money on it haha.
    02-18-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD