Hi im sitting on a Reload Software 507 error but everything ive found to help fix this doesnt work. Ive wiped it using Jl_Cmder and BBSAK still nothing. Ive done everything i can think of and everything i can find and nothing is getting my phone back up and running. Please Help?
    09-10-09 12:50 AM
    Give this link a try. It has helped me recover my device many times with the 507 error. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    09-10-09 03:50 AM
    ive tried that link any every other one i can find on here, and ive still gotten nowhere. any other ideas?
    09-10-09 12:00 PM
    Have you deleted the vendor file?
    09-10-09 08:35 PM
    indeed i have
    09-10-09 09:29 PM
    ive tried everything i can find and then some random stuff just to see if it mattered, and still nothing works... uggh this really sucks and im getting desperate now...
    09-10-09 09:57 PM
    What exactly is happening when trying to install the OS? Is it starting and then not finishing completely? Could you give details of what error messages you may be getting when trying to install?
    09-11-09 04:27 AM
    I'm having the same problem. i have wiped with JLcmder and have the 507 error which is what i want but when i try to load the OS it makes it all the way to installing apps and then the screen goes black and i get error (0x00000005)
    and the install stops. I thought it might be my USB cable so i took it back to the store and i am going to go to the tmobile store this weekend and see about buying one from them.
    09-11-09 05:44 PM
    09-11-09 07:50 PM
    Ya PKcable, i did what the instructions said in the post but, it goes through the whole thing and fails at the loading of the java apps. It fails at the same spot every time. I think it was the data cable i had but i'm not for sure. i won't be able to get one till later this weekend and hopefully that will be the problem.
    09-11-09 09:28 PM
    ya mines just like Buckoni said except my transfer cable came with my phone...so idk why thatd be the problem....it shouldnt have any issues

and ya pkcable that was the first link i used, it stopped my phones power from resetting itself over and over but now it just keeps getting 507'd over and over after that same error message

and if it helps this all started after a JVM Error 517...wiping it with Jl_Cmder is what caused it to power loop and now i cant reload the OS at all
    Last edited by dcodum; 09-11-09 at 09:35 PM.
    09-11-09 09:30 PM
    I had the same problem with my 8220; tried upgrading from the Blackberry site over the web, and it got partway through and bombed. Tried everything under the sun, and I ended up sending it back to T-Mo for a replacement; it was still under warranty. It kept failing on the same .cod file every time. I suspect there was something internal going on that caused it, like bad flash RAM, etc., but I don't have any real evidence to back it up. The replacement has been working fine though (knock on wood). I'm no expert here but my advice would be if it's still in warranty and you can part with it for a couple/three weeks, send it in.
    09-12-09 01:04 AM
    lets say ohhhhh idk water damage a while back, talking a solid 8 months ago at least... so not behind this issue but voids warranty with t-mobile...replacement isnt an option...there must be some fix...
    09-12-09 01:31 AM
    I know you said that you tried the link I posted, but I have to ask anyway. Have you tried doing it with the battery removed. Plug the phone in, pull the battery and then run the loader. I've heard of people having problems getting an OS to load and doing that solved the issue.

Another suggestion would be to try loading a different OS. Perhaps your carrier's official.

I'm trying to see if I can find a solid solution. This problem actually has me stumped since I've never experienced not being able to reload the OS.
    09-12-09 02:58 AM
    ya ive tried that, and i am using the OS from t-mobile's website....uggh
    09-12-09 03:08 AM
    ya i tried that also. it still fails at the same spot in the install. It really sucks cause i really like the flip! I only paid 20 bucks for it so I'm not really out anything. I also have a Bold so i don't really need the flip. I will keep trying and report back here with any info i can get. I really hate to hear that you are having the same problem and you are using the data cable that came with the phone, i was really hoping that the cable was the problem.

More than likely, I will be looking for another flip to buy, i really like the phone! It was great for when i was out riding the Bike and it had all the function of the bold but not the size!
    09-13-09 10:33 PM
    this is crazy, does nobody really have any idea how to fix this? grrr i want my flip back up and running, i hate this crappy backup phone im having to use. i love my blackberry...
    09-15-09 12:12 AM
    Ok folks, I believe I know the problem here. You're all using DM5.0, and you need to uninstall it, and use DM4.6. When you uninstall it, you'll loose your OS that's installed too. Use the exe you hopefully left on your desktop to reinstall it, delete the vendor.xml file again, run yet another full wipe with either CrackUtil or bbsak, and then use AppLoader.exe to install the OS.
    09-15-09 04:39 AM
    I don't think that is the problem, i'm using DM 4.6 and have never used anything but DM 4.6 It is the DM that is on the CD that came with my bold.
    I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything and even installed and tryed to load the OS from a computer that i just put together. I think its safe to say that the DM is not the problem in my case.

What is really bad is i have a friend at work that knows nothing about blackberrys nor does he care to know anything about them and he has a flip and he just totally trashes it and it works great! LOL! I take care of my flip and it took a dump before it ever got its first scratch! I just wish that the flip was as reliable as my Bold, I would use it more than the Bold if that was the case.
    09-15-09 09:53 PM
    ya i just tried that to be sure and it didnt work for me either... still getting the error when loading the OS
    09-15-09 10:08 PM
    still got nothing, ive tried the disk for DM that came with the pearl and the OS from tmobile and ive still got nothing...anymore ideas anyone?!

side note... before the apploader gets to the last couple of steps, when it restarts the BB or whatever its doing. it already says reload software 507...before it even tries to load any apps to it...if that helps.
    Last edited by dcodum; 09-22-09 at 01:00 AM.
    09-22-09 12:56 AM
    It's supposed to wipe the device and give you the 507, then continue and load the new OS. Is apploader stopping and giving you an error, and if so, what error is it reporting?
    09-22-09 04:55 AM
    error (0x00000005) as stated before, every time it tries to load i get that...without fail.
    09-22-09 08:18 PM
    ya i get the same error message. "J:0x00000005" I tried to load the basics on the phone, just what it needs to run...no games or unneeded apps and it still hangs at the very end! I also tried to load everything it has on the list in the apploader and still hangs at the end! I have used all the methods that i can find! I got one time to give me an error that suggested that most of the apps and os had loaded but there was still a problem. I think the error was like 561 reload apps or something like that. I didn't pay that much attention at that point as i was pissed and very sleepy by that point. A friend of mine is giving me his 2 old pearls that have small problems but they can be fixed and the batterys are good, so i think the pearl batterys and the pearl flip batterys are same same aren't they? So maybe i can use one of those batterys to rule out the chance that my flip battery is bad.
    09-22-09 09:13 PM
    I had the same problem and just created a thread with what I did to fix the issue. The link to the thread is in my signature.
    09-22-09 09:17 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD