just picked up my first BB yesterday, learned a lot from searching the forum;
    thanks!

something i haven't found an answer to here though - how to master opening the flip with one hand

other flip phones i used in the past had a recess/lip or grippy area to open one handed...

is there a trick to it?
    07-29-09 10:53 AM
    technique #1:
    Hold from top (where clock face is) with thumb and index finger, wrist toward hinge. Pry open with middle finger on side.

Technique #2: Hold with middle finger and thumb on sides, pry open at bottom with index finger.

This may be easier if you get a nice cheap rubberized hardshell. I got the one another poster suggested about 3 weeks back --less than 5 bucks total including shipping and it makes the phone way less slippery and easier to handle in general. I havent even bothered to put on the bodygardz I bought yet.

Have fun!
    07-29-09 11:32 AM
    just picked up my first BB yesterday, learned a lot from searching the forum;
    thanks!

something i haven't found an answer to here though - how to master opening the flip with one hand

other flip phones i used in the past had a recess/lip or grippy area to open one handed...

is there a trick to it?
    phone on palm index on hinge thumb to open ..careful tho get a screen protector..a rough nail could scratch screen
    07-29-09 12:14 PM
    "There is no wrong way to eat a Reese's"

Rest the phone in your palm, thumb along one side and fingertips along the other, index finger cupping the hinge. Pry open the lid with your middle finger, catch the lid with your extended index finger. Flip it closed again with your index finger. Opened and closed in less than a second!
    07-29-09 04:46 PM
    Just swing it open & closed like a switchblade!
    07-30-09 04:50 AM
    ^^haha, I hold it in my palm and use my thumbnail to pry it open
    07-30-09 10:15 AM
    haha, i think a couple of days use has loosened the hinge enough to slide my thumb in between the two halves and wedgie it open...
    ...or maybe i just got used to it.

thanks all, will definitely get screen protector and/or case.
    07-30-09 03:49 PM
    I use my thumb too. Pinky on the bottom of the phone, index finger on top.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 02:53 PM
    I use a BlueAnt Z9i and push the top button!! HaHa
    08-29-09 09:24 PM
    hold it in your hand regularly, use your thumbnail to flip it open and your index finger to catch the screen

to close it, do the reverse.

i personally do that when im in a hurry but because i hate smudging my screen (and the 8220 is a fingerprint magnet) i just carefully and slowly open and close it with my other hand.
    08-30-09 02:24 PM
    Okay, seriously... My skin is crawling from the fact that this topic has continued to live on. Why are there more than 2 replies to this question???
    08-30-09 03:37 PM
    Okay, seriously... My skin is crawling from the fact that this topic has continued to live on. Why are there more than 2 replies to this question???
    The fact that this issue bothers u this much is the real question. Come on now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 09:04 AM
    O.o Why does this bother you so much? So people like to discuss how they open their phone. They love their flips and I love mine, so anything pertaining to them like this I like to talk about. Im just sorry that you dont. Just get over it and keep your mouth shut and quit acting like a child who proves how much of a fool he is everytime he flaps his gums.
    11-27-09 06:08 PM
    i hate smudging my screen (and the 8220 is a fingerprint magnet
    Zagg InvisibleShield makes my flip-berry sticky (grippy) so you can open it much easier one handed (in my palm I use thumb tip with 4 fingers opposite side to pry open). The skin also resists fingerprints (this puzzles me). I constantly was wiping the grease off the screen the first time when I left the inside screen cover off. But when the phone was replaced after the BT radio failed, Zagg sent me a replacement skin and I decided to give the inner screen protector a try. I had a bunch of ugly bubbles and although it does look a bit worse looking through that film, it don't even notice it now. The bubbles have even disappeared. I was surprised at the fact that the Zagg IS looked so good on the phone (gave it a sexy wet look) and although improves grip in hand and on dash, it doesn't collect lint and slides nicely into felt lined belt case. Just make sure to wash hands and polish up the surfaces before installing Zagg.

I like the images of the silver 8230s I've seen. I wonder how the skin would look on silver? I love this phone! It's a bit slow (I always feel I'm waiting for it to catch up to my navigation). That and the picture quality of camera are my two only gripes (and the dummy sound hole). Could use two more convenience keys and there's room.
    12-04-09 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD