I would like to thank the following CB members for providing their input:
    CHale, Hankster and GSMPhone-Unlocking.com.

This thread is intended to provide non-bias feedback from various CrackBerry members who own the BlackBerry Pearl 8220 (Flip) and have used it for a decent period of time (a few days at least). If you do not own this BB, please do not leave your comments. Holding the device in at the store for an hour or having a friend who owns one doesn�t count. We�re trying to provide information for those who are contemplating on purchasing this device.

My background with BlackBerry devices is nothing to get excited about but, I pride myself in being a quick learner (and a Gadget Geek). I�m a recent Windows Mobile convert and before my switch to the Flip, I used the Pearl 8120 (OS 4.3.0.115). Most of my comparisons will be between the 8120 and the 8220. Those with other BB�s who have purchased this device will hopefully be able to provide their comparisons.

My Flip info
    Carrier: T-Mobile (EDGE)
    Purchased: 10-14-08 at a local T-Mobile store
    Price: $280 (partial upgrade)
    Media Card: 8GB SanDisk MicoSD
    3rd Party Applications: CrackBerry Launcher, Ascendo DataVault, Superpages Mobile, Opera Mini
    File Free Memory (at the time this was written): 53.6MB
    Data Plan: T-Mobile BIS
    WiFi: DataLink Extreme �N� wireless router
    Note: The BlackBerry OEM leather holster for the 81XX series devices will also work with the Flip.

First off, as you all may know, this is the first flip-type device RIM has released in which many existing BB users will give it the cold shoulder. I�m sure RIM will make improvements and additional features as newer devices are released.

Once I got the device home I was like a kid at Christmas (pretty much sums it up for all of us BB owners). It was upsetting to watch the T-Mobile guy open the box. I wanted to be the first, oh well no since of crying over spilt milk.

The Outside
    The first thing I noticed when the T-Mobile rep. placed this device in my hands was the sleek look and light weight. The solid black front and arrangement of the camera lens / camera flash / indicator light gives this device a distinct look. Small subtle brushed nickel accents surround the upper portion and the BlackBerry emblem on the battery door is in chrome. The front of the Flip is a shiny fingerprint magnet! I�ve got a laptop with the same issues and no matter how much I try I have fingerprints all over it within minutes! The Flip is about the same size as the 8120 although it is a bit �chunkier�. The mute button is fairly small and hard to find at first. The other buttons on the side are firm and give a great responsive �click� feel when pressed. The media card (up to 16GB with the 4.6 OS) was easy to insert and remove. A typical 3.5mm headset plug is included. At first I was annoyed that RIM put a MicoUSB port on this device instead of the popular MiniUSB. I�ve since been educated and was told that the industry is moving to the MicroUSB as a standard. You can pick up a Motorola adapter cable for a few dollars online. Last, but not least, the outside LCD screen; a great add-on that could use some improvements. The screen shows a nice retro analog clock with the day of the week, date and �AM /PM�. It also shows the missed calls / message indications, BlueTooth status, battery level signal level and signal type. A push of any button on the outside allows you to view the LCD screen which fades away at a determined interval. This is useful in case you just want to check the time or see if you have any missed calls / messages. Although you can listen to media (either externally or with headphones) with the flip closed, you are unable to use the speakerphone function. Some users find this as a must and can�t understand why RIM didn�t include this. Another issue is why can�t the LCD be used as a self-portrait function? What, no Jiffy Mart concave-type mirror? Come on, the older Pearls have one! Seriously, the self-portrait function would be nice. Scratch the mirror. There has been talk about the quality (or the lack of) of the materials used in this phone. Yes, the plastics seem to be fragile, but that may be a good thing. Today�s plastics have come a long way and manufactures can build phones utilizing lighter and stronger materials. Our friend Hankster accidentally dropped his Flip from a height of 7 feet onto the concrete and had no problems with the device afterwards. Thanks for being the guinea pig Hank!

Installing the SIM card and Battery
    Opening the battery door is different than that of the 8120. Instead of pushing the button down below the battery door, you pull a little latch. I find this method more secure and easier to handle. The battery is the same as the Pearl�s (CM-2) so all of those extras lying around the house will work! First thing I installed was the SIM card. A bit different from the 8120 and, I didn�t like how the card stuck out. I noticed that, when I put in the battery, it rubbed against the card. Nothing too major here as I have yet to do a battery pull since I�ve purchased the Flip!! With my 8120, I was pulling the battery every other day. I�ll see what happens after Viigo is available for 4.6 OS and I install it.

Under the �hood�
    After the device booted up (which seemed like hours!) I finally opened it up and got to the home screen�oh yeah, what a beauty! The new 4.6 OS interface is visually stunning and the mirror accents on the Flip�s inside frame is a nice complement. Although it lacks the full QWERTY keyboard, the larger keyboard on the Flip is a great upgrade from the older versions. Like you�ve probably read on many other threads, it�s a personal choice not to have a full keyboard. Personally, I like the size of the Pearls versus the use of the full keyboard on other BB�s. Not only that, I find the SureType feature fairly easy to learn and use. One drawback of the Flip�s keyboard will be for those who have small hands. Since the keyboard is bigger, small-handed users may find themselves traveling quite a bit up and down the device resulting in fatigue. The balance of the device while opened is fair and the screen hinges have minimal play. The recessed trackball takes a little getting use to and I have yet to bring myself to figure out how to remove the trackball assembly. The chrome accents on the keyboard and around the trackball are nice but, I wonder how easily they pry off. Check out this thread / link on how to disassemble the Flip�not me�not yet.

Okay, now for the meat and potatoes. I�m going to use a rating score system here so remember this is compared to the Pearl 8120. Some features may differ from that of other devices.

1 = Poor / 5 = Fair / 10 = Excellent

Email (10) � It�s a BlackBerry, do I need to say more? Oh yeah, it now has HTML included!! I had a friend send a fairly lengthy and graphic email with emoticons and pictures. It took a little bit of time to load (considering the size) but all graphics and emoticons showed up correctly and clearly.
    Camera (5) � It�s hard to rank any phone�s camera over a 5 due to the camera isn�t the best feature. The Flip comes with a 2 MP camera and flash with video capture. I found most of the pictures I took to be grainy and had poor discoloration. Then again, I�m no Ansel Adams! Since the lens is recessed, pocket lint accumulates easily so if you take a picture and it looks like it�s snowing, you may want to clean the lens.
    WiFi (6) � This was another disappointment. The WiFi is weaker than my 8120 and seems to take a little longer to connect. Once it connects I have yet had it disconnect while in range. I traveled approximately 100 � 120 feet from my wireless router before the WiFi disconnected.
    BlueTooth (9) � Had no issues connecting both of my headsets (Motorola HT-820 and HT-500) and they sounded great on a phone call. I walked into a different room (about 30 feet) before I lost the connection.
    Media Player (9) � A very nice improvement from the 8120 (older than dirt OS). I especially like the album art on the home screen and the outside LCD screen. The basics are the same as the 8120 such as the Music, Videos, Ring Tones, Pictures and Voice Notes.
    Browser (8) � I�m still getting use to this new browser and it�s hard for me to give it a fair review. I have Opera Mini loaded on my Flip but, I rarely use it. I can�t wait until Firefox releases it�s browser for BlackBerry.
    Internal Memory (9) � Even though this device comes equipped with 128MB of internal memory, I have a bone to pick with RIM and all other phone manufactures. Why is it that, 16GB can be squeezed onto a tiny itty bitty MicroSD Card, but for some reason not into the phone�s internal memory? Apple did it! Heck, I�d be happy with 1GB! Okay, I digress.
    Bundled Software (9) � Wow! Documents-To-Go, very nice. I wish I would have waited before I wasted my money on that other so-called �office� application. The software that comes pre-loaded (T-Mobile) was surprisingly refreshing. Normally considered as �bloatware� the applications included with the Flip are programs / games that I actually use. Don�t worry, Brick Breaker is still there!
    BlackBerry OEM Organizer (7) � I�ve never been a big fan of the BB�s OEM organizer. All of the functions from the older OS version is included in this one. I�ve been using Pocket Informant Personal Information Manager (PIM) on my 8120 but, I�ll need to upgrade due to the 4.6 OS.
    OS 4.6.0.151 on T-Mobile � (8) I�d give it a 10 but, there are a few fixes that I and other CB members feel necessary. Hopefully an upgrade will fix the issues mentioned previously.

My Summarization
    Personally, I love this phone since the day it was placed in my hands. I have a few disappointments but overall, I think RIM did an absolute wonderful job on this device.

Disclaimer (sad I had to do this)
    As mentioned in Part 1, please realize that this thread was compiled using various input from a number of CB members. I may have either misquoted or completely missed somebody�s comment so I apologize in advance. Also, this information is intended to help those �on the fence� in deciding whether or not they want to purchase this device so, if you don�t own the Flip, please don�t give your input.
    10-20-08 06:04 PM
    This is my first BlackBerry, which I bought through T-Mobile last Monday as soon as they came out. I have had a Kyocera 7135 Flip Palm-OS Smart Phone for over 5 years, and until it died a couple of weeks ago I was pretty content with it. So my comments should be of interest to satisfied Palm users considering switching to a BlackBerry.

It probably isn't relevant to mention that I was with Verizon for all that time too, and would have stayed if this phone or any reasonable flip smart phone was available there. So far I am very happy with T-Mobile, though since my family is still with Verizon the lack of a Family Plan costs me more.

So, how do I compare this 8220 with the Palm flip phone I had before?

Pros:
    --This phone is small and light. I'm continually amazed at how small and light it is, yet with it flipped open the screen is reasonably sized and the keypad is fine.
    --SureType in general seems better than Palm's graffiti-based writing system. I can type pretty fast with SureType, until I come to a personal noun or foreign word. I get frustrated for a while, then switch to Multi-Tap. That works fine too, but it's slower than SureType. I wish there was a quick single-key way to switch between the two methods.
    --Email is great. It was possible with my Palm phone to access email, but I never did. With the BlackBerry, it's pushed out to the phone so you never have to check the server. I wish there was a better spam filter on my server, but that's not BlackBerry's fault.
    --The web browser is OK, for the size of the screen. I wish it could be turned sideways, since the screen is wider that way. Most web pages won't fit in the width of the screen when magnified enough so that you can read them. The option "Column view" sometimes helps, but not always. I was playing with my son's iPhone the other day, and that browser has this one beat to death. That's a lot larger, heavier phone, though.
    --WiFi, and automatic VOIP. Although data is unlimited over EDGE, WiFi is much faster and with VOIP I can reduce my voice minutes.
    --The exterior display is nice. I like being able to preview emails here. However, it would be nice to be able to delete the obvious spam from that view instead of having to flip it open to do so.
    --The camera works pretty well for a phone camera, but nothing special. The shutter speed seems slow, so that any motion will blur.
    --Applications. There are tons of free applications available for Palm phones, but BlackBerry isn't bad here either. I especially like Google Maps (with the psuedo GPS function that locates you within 1000 - 2000 meters). The satellite views load pretty fast, at least over WiFi. I also found a nice book reader to replace my Palm app TIBR (Tiny Book Reader). It's Mobipocket Reader. Berry411 also looks like it's going to be useful, though I haven't got the maps to work on it yet.
    --Did I mention how small and light this phone is?

Cons:
    --The Palm-based smart phones come with the Palm Desktop, a nice PIM system for your PC that will sync with the Palm Phone. The BlackBerry will only sync with Outlook, though there are kludgy ways to sync the calendar to Mozilla Lightning/Sunbird through Google Calendar. I haven't found any way to sync Thunderbird contacts, or with any desktop application except Outlook, which I refuse to use.
    --I'm already seeing tiny scratches in the front plastic. Not enough to bother; I have to hold it in the light to see them, but at this rate it will be dulled in a few weeks or months. I take pretty good care of it too, putting it all by itself in a cargo pants pocket, with no keys or coins.
    --No Stylus and no touch screen. My previous Kyocera, like all Palm OS PDAs used a stylus on the touch-sensitive screen. With the BlackBerry you are using a trackball to move around. As I get used to this, I find it pretty close to the stylus for most purposes, but for some applications a touch screen would be nice. For example, in card games you can drag and drop a card from one pile to another with a stylus. With the trackball it's not nearly as simple. On the other hand, there's no stylus to lose, and most operations can be done one-handed.
    --EDGE is pretty slow -- it seems about like a 56K modem, though it's probably a little faster than that.

All in all, I really like the phone and am sure I will be happy with it. In most ways it's a big improvement over my 5-year old Palm phone.
    10-20-08 08:20 PM
    great review i was waiting for it. Cant wait for rogers to release it! till then HELLO THERE BOLDY
    10-20-08 08:51 PM
    I can type pretty fast with SureType, until I come to a personal noun or foreign word. I get frustrated for a while, then switch to Multi-Tap. That works fine too, but it's slower than SureType. I wish there was a quick single-key way to switch between the two methods.

and
    --
    The BlackBerry will only sync with Outlook, though there are kludgy ways to sync the calendar to Mozilla Lightning/Sunbird through Google Calendar.
    I can agree with all the review findings, especially these two quoted above. I have such a hard time with SureType. Im new to the whole Blackberry thing to begin with, now having to get used to a QWERTY that has two letters in each button, AH! I had "crackberry thumb" the first week!
    and
    I can't seem to rearrange my contacts, combine multiple phone numbers for the same person- so they appear 2 or 3 times. I may have to just upload everyone's info to Outlook and start from there.

I've been very happy with the Google apps (access to Google calendar, maps, doc's, etc) and actually like the way it shows email much "cleaner" than the email in the Blackberry box.

(I'm new here, hope I got this forum stuff right!)
    10-22-08 02:10 PM
    I can agree with all the review findings, especially these two quoted above. I have such a hard time with SureType. Im new to the whole Blackberry thing to begin with, now having to get used to a QWERTY that has two letters in each button, AH! I had "crackberry thumb" the first week!
    and
    I can't seem to rearrange my contacts, combine multiple phone numbers for the same person- so they appear 2 or 3 times. I may have to just upload everyone's info to Outlook and start from there.

I've been very happy with the Google apps (access to Google calendar, maps, doc's, etc) and actually like the way it shows email much "cleaner" than the email in the Blackberry box.

(I'm new here, hope I got this forum stuff right!)
    Welcome to CB! I've got one question for you. You mentioned that you cannot place multiple numbers in contacts. Have you since figured this out? If not, highlight a contact and go to Options / Edit. Scroll down until you come to the phone numbers section. Do you see Work, Work 2, Home, Home 2..etc.?
    10-24-08 10:03 AM
    thanks BBB :P
    yes I can enter contacts and edit manually but my problem i think is that the contacts in my SIM card (from an old samsung phone) were separated when transferred into the blackberry system. now that i want to join phone numbers to one name, i dont want to have to retype all the numbers. i wanted to know if there was an easy way to bring up all the contacts and sort of "drag/drop" or join numbers in some way.
    i know the other option is sending them to outlook or something.
    i hope this is not too confusing!
    thanks anyway!
    10-26-08 09:20 PM
    I just bought a 8220. I used to have a 8120. here is my review:

I am mostly OK with the 8220.
    The bad:

* The OS is VERY slow, I get the clock icon (the 8220's hourglass) a LOT. I pulled the battery and it went slightly faster, but not by much.

* I am using the 8120 and the 8220 back to back on T-Mobile. I have a WIFI at home. On the 8120 I never drop the WIFI signal, but on the 8220 Flip - the signal drops every few minutes or so. I am using them both in the same room so there is nothing different about the signal.

However, other than that, the browser, although I saw some minor issues at first, I am overly impressed. I am listening to moodio streaming radio and the browsers supports background audio streaming, something I was looking forward to since upgrading to 4.5 on the 8120.

The phone multi-tasks well, and I have a whopping (compared to my 8120) 66MB of file free. I have installed Opera, Google Maps, Peek-a-boo, Superpages, all work great.

Physically the phone is awesome. The flip works great in one hand, the buttons are easy to press and the trackball is easy to get used to. The screen did not seem so much bigger in side-to-side comparison with my 8120. In a google map screen the 8220 showed only slightly more viewable area. I was under the impression that the screen was going to be MUCH bigger, but it turned out to be only marginally bigger.

But overall, as a 8120 user for quite a while, I don't see that many benefits to switch to the 8220. It's slower when it should be faster and the screen is not that much bigger.

It is definitely not worth the price to upgrade. But for those who are buying for the first time, or getting it cheap -I would recommend it.
    10-28-08 12:14 AM
    I just bought a 8220. I used to have a 8120. here is my review:

I am mostly OK with the 8220.
    The bad:

* The OS is VERY slow, I get the clock icon (the 8220's hourglass) a LOT. I pulled the battery and it went slightly faster, but not by much.

* I am using the 8120 and the 8220 back to back on T-Mobile. I have a WIFI at home. On the 8120 I never drop the WIFI signal, but on the 8220 Flip - the signal drops every few minutes or so. I am using them both in the same room so there is nothing different about the signal.
    Wow, sorry to hear about this. There's another CB member who just sent his 8220 back for the same reason. My Flip seems to run just fine (recent 8120 owner) and I compared it to the speed of a co-workers 8310. Everything seemed to work at the same pace other than the browser. I think that future OS revisions (upgrading to .174 tonight!) will fix some of these issues. Remember, OS 4.6 is fairly new and with new OS's, there are going to be revisions and modifications needed. I'd like to use W...W...Windows as an example but, that would open up a whole new "can-of-worms".
    10-28-08 11:12 AM
    Let me know how that upgrade goes. I'm giving the 8220 two more days to prove that it was worth $275 more than the 8120.
    10-28-08 11:25 AM
    yes I can enter contacts and edit manually but my problem i think is that the contacts in my SIM card (from an old samsung phone) were separated when transferred into the blackberry system. now that i want to join phone numbers to one name, i dont want to have to retype all the numbers. i wanted to know if there was an easy way to bring up all the contacts and sort of "drag/drop" or join numbers in some way.
    i know the other option is sending them to outlook or something.
    i hope this is not too confusing!
    thanks anyway!
    Try outlook.
    I had the same problem when transferring from my Nokia 6300 to my BB 8120. I had moved all my contacts (1,000+) onto sim cards and pasted them into the BB. It took me forever to edit them on the BB, so I used outlook with much success. Lots of ctl+c ctl+v action, but it gets it done.
    10-28-08 11:38 AM
    Does anyone have a patch so that the 8220 will work with Outlook 2000?
    01-23-09 12:31 PM
    Does anyone have a patch so that the 8220 will work with Outlook 2000?
    You may want to check RIM's or Microsoft's website. You could also send them an email.
    01-23-09 12:32 PM
    I love my 8220. This is my favorite out of all the BB's I've used/tried out (8800, 8820, 8320, 9000, 9530)

My ratings are also on a scale from 1-10 (1=poor, 10=great)

I love the size and form factor, its so small and compact it fits in the smallest of purses and does all the things I need it to do.

Email/text/BBIM. 10. its a blackberry under the hood-nuff said.

Internet-I feel like I can't really be a judge as its so rare for me to use it. The browser comes in handy for me-I can get on FB easily and pull up scores in every bar I've tried it in so far. It seems to load faster and render pages better than the 88xx/83xx series, but not quite as fast and beautiful as the 9000/9530. For my level of use I give it an 8.

UMA/wifi-I get a constant signal in my house and in my local Starbucks (the only places I've ever tried to use it)

Camera-I hate all cameras on camera phones. This one takes better pictures than the original curve, but that's like saying someone was shot to death two times instead of three. 3

Blue tooth-No problems whatsoever 10

for a BB that cost me $70 after rebates and the sale of my curve, I can't find anything wrong with it. I'll really be cooking with gas once I learn how to make my own themes.
    01-23-09 01:42 PM
    I love my 8220. This is my favorite out of all the BB's I've used/tried out (8800, 8820, 8320, 9000, 9530)

My ratings are also on a scale from 1-10 (1=poor, 10=great)

I love the size and form factor, its so small and compact it fits in the smallest of purses and does all the things I need it to do.

Email/text/BBIM. 10. its a blackberry under the hood-nuff said.

Internet-I feel like I can't really be a judge as its so rare for me to use it. The browser comes in handy for me-I can get on FB easily and pull up scores in every bar I've tried it in so far. It seems to load faster and render pages better than the 88xx/83xx series, but not quite as fast and beautiful as the 9000/9530. For my level of use I give it an 8.

UMA/wifi-I get a constant signal in my house and in my local Starbucks (the only places I've ever tried to use it)

Camera-I hate all cameras on camera phones. This one takes better pictures than the original curve, but that's like saying someone was shot to death two times instead of three. 3

Blue tooth-No problems whatsoever 10

for a BB that cost me $70 after rebates and the sale of my curve, I can't find anything wrong with it. I'll really be cooking with gas once I learn how to make my own themes.
    Finally! Someone with a good response vs. other devices. Thanks for the post.
    01-23-09 01:50 PM
    I own this phone and love it but recommend you update to atleast 4.6.0.180 from 4.6.0.151(stock OS version) as soon as you get it... it speeds it up a bit and fixes a few things.. I've noticed less hourglass and rarely get it now and everything seems speedier!
    01-23-09 04:05 PM
    Well, I might as well post a review as well, seeing as I own the 8220 and have had it since November. I think I can provide a good perspective here, a new BB owner who has never owned a smart phone before. I know that many people are starting to look into smart phones and want to know what would be a good one to get as a beginner, or one that might be a good one to get and hold on to.

My background is that I am a Techno Geek all the way. I may not have all the latest gadgets, but I'm pretty up on the latest gizmos and I know what's happening in the technology world (for the most part). I'm also a quick learner, especially with technology. Give me a device I've never seen before and I can quickly figure it out. If anyone in my family has a technology problem, they come to me, and so do many of my friends.

I never owned a smart phone before my 8220. The most advanced phone I had ever used was a 3rd Gen. RAZOR that broke on me within less than a year. I had demoed a few smart phones via friends and stores, but I had yet to buy my own. That was until I was "force" into a situation that I needed an upgrade. That's when I found and feel in love with my 8220.

I'm a college student, so I text regularly and use the Internet. I also use the media player and have a few apps on my device. Here the run-down:

• Carrier: T-Mobile
    • Memory Card: 8GB SanDisk MicoSD
    • Apps: AccuWeather, Bolt Beta, Google Apps (Maps, Reader, Sync, Search), Opera Mini, Picture Magic, Vlingo, Slacker, Quick Pull, CrackBerry App, Facebook App, MySpace App, and all the pre-loaded apps
    • Data Plan: Unlimited BlackBerry BIS Data

Now, what I like about the 8220 is that not only does it have a nice form factor (it feels like a phone to me), but it's sleek and reliable. People often comment on how good looking my phone is, and then they're really impressed with all that it can do. I love using Google Sync to keep my BB Calendar up to date so I always know which class I'm supposed to be at, when I'm supposed to be at work, and when I have free time.

Another factor that I really love about the 8220 is the learning curve. As I said, I am a fast learner, especially with electronics. One thing I noticed was the 8220 has options and settings for the everyday user and more advanced features that the more technologically inclined can use to really work with the phone. I also like how predictive text learns how you type, but isn't so stupid to think you're going to use the last word that was similar again. It learns new words quickly, but doesn't forget other words and spellings, and it can guess partially what I meant to type if I misspell a word or two.

The media player is nice as well. My RAZOR could play songs, but the media player was buggy and took a long time to buffer any media file. My custom ring tones would take time before they loaded enough to play. Not so on the 8220. As soon as a call comes in, the ring tone plays. The lag I would notice on my RAZOR is simply not there. Also, the media player itself is smooth, buffering ahead of itself so there is a very short lag between songs, which is comparable to the lag iTunes has between songs. Because I lack a good music player (having accidentally fired my iPod in the wash), I use the media player on my BB a lot. The sound quality is good and I really can't complain. I've hear how some other devices sound, and they are terrible. I'd rather have a real media player, but the 8220 is a good substitute for now.

Now, I don't have all praise for the device, and nothing's perfect. One complaint I have is that the web browser cuts off some of the sides. You'll quickly find that 3rd party browsers are much better and faster than the 8220's default browser. Also, if you have too many apps running, the device can lag. Closing an app that doesn't have to be on is a must.

Also, the 8220 does tend to pick up a lot of finger prints and gets some scratches. Not to mention that the camera lens needs to be cleaned on and off to insure picture quality. While the device boasts a 2MP camera, you have to change the settings to get the full effect, which is annoying, but this isn't a camera. The pictures it can take are stunning for a mobile device, but you're definitely better off shelling out the money for an actual camera if you want to go picture crazy. And I cannot forget the early bugs. I haven't experienced most of the problems other 8220 users have, but it is very clear some of the 8220s floating around out there were early releases that shouldn't have made it off the line, and my device has frozen once or twice. Yet, despite this, it's still a pretty solid phone.

Also, calls are very clear on the Flip. I've been told I should better on my new phone than I did before, and I can hear a difference in sound quality when I am talking to someone on the phone, and I've had better connection with a friend that has a phone that always hangs up on us. Along with phone calls, text messaging is fast. I've sent pictures and texts and they leave the phone rather quickly compared to my RAZOR or any other phone that I've used for that matter, and it receives text and picture messages really quick.

As a customization freak, I love how the 8220 can really form how you want it to work. Custom ringtones are a must and are super easy to set up, and the BB contacts list is far better than any other device I have used. I like being able to put multiple numbers for a contact and even being able to change their ring and other bits of info for them. It really feels like the power is in your hands.

Overall, I would recommend this phone to any new user and smart phone pros who just want the feel of a flip phone in their hands.
    01-26-09 12:37 AM
    Excellent review starku.
    01-26-09 03:20 AM
    do you run into any of the low memory problems like the 8120...the 8210 is very measly and I am regularly running low. its quite annoying.
    01-27-09 11:32 PM
    this phone has twice as much memory so you shouldn't have a problem. even with all my added apps I usually run at around 74mb free.
    01-27-09 11:38 PM
    this phone has twice as much memory so you shouldn't have a problem. even with all my added apps I usually run at around 74mb free.
    holy crap. thats alot. sounds like an upgrade is in order for me. I have like 10 mb free and almost no apps...and it memory leaks like none other.
    01-28-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD