I know it has been mentioned (almost as if it weren't such a big deal) but I wanted to report what I believe to be at least a 20 -30% increase in battery drain with the YouMail on device application running. I couldn't figure out why my Bold all of asudden was running out of steam about 6PM. I deleted the YouMail app and wow what a difference! Anyone else having the same experience?
    Any real advantage to using YouMail if you are going to use the actual YouMail application (i.e. email or sms notification of voicmail)?
    05-16-09 04:48 PM
    Use the email notifications with mp3 attachments.
    05-16-09 05:24 PM
    Sounds good. Do you like the YouMail that much as compared to just using regular VoiceMail?

I guess I was a bit surprised by the drastic increase I noticed using the YouMail app.
    05-17-09 07:25 PM
    Haven't noticed any battery drain from using it. I have the same battery depletion with it, as I had before it. I like the YouMail because of all the options for greetings. Homer Simpson cracks me uP
    05-17-09 09:10 PM
    So far I'm really liking the YouMail app..... But yes,.... I have also seen an increase in battery drain....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 10:03 PM
    i'll see if i get better battery life while back on regular voicemail
    05-17-09 11:03 PM
    Can someone please post OTA link, i can't use appworld.
    05-18-09 12:27 AM
    m.youmail.com/ota
    05-18-09 12:47 AM
    I know it has been mentioned (almost as if it weren't such a big deal) but I wanted to report what I believe to be at least a 20 -30% increase in battery drain with the YouMail on device application running. I couldn't figure out why my Bold all of asudden was running out of steam about 6PM. I deleted the YouMail app and wow what a difference! Anyone else having the same experience?
    Any real advantage to using YouMail if you are going to use the actual YouMail application (i.e. email or sms notification of voicmail)?

I am not sure I understand the question. Why would there be a battery drain using YouMail? This is a call forwarding feature and there is no app (at least since I have been using it) on my device. Or, is there an app that comes with the Premium service? I am only using the free service and I love it!
    06-03-09 09:30 AM
    There is an app but I stopped using it because of the drain and because every time I booted my Bold it would start running again in the background. I just use the email notifications, log in and listen to my voice mail or just call my voice mail.
    06-03-09 09:40 AM
    I'm ditching the app too.
    06-03-09 09:44 AM
    Is there really any other advantage to having the app other then the replay of your messages? I was getting them delivered via email as an mp3 attachment but wanted to try the application but really it doesn't do much and the delivery of messages isn't instant on mine. Is delivery instant on anyone else's Youmail application? I just put it on last night so haven't noticed the battery drain yet but if it does I'm getting rid of it unless there's some other advantage to having the application on the phone that I'm unaware of?
    06-03-09 10:51 AM
    The attractive thing about YouMail seems to be the visual voice mail and call blocking. I was just never comfortable sending my calls to a third party service.
    06-03-09 10:56 AM
    i ditched the app a while ago due to battery drain. I don't get enough voicemail to justify the app running at all times.

LOVE youmail. I pay 1.99/mo for the upgraded service.
    06-03-09 05:18 PM
    i ditched the app a while ago due to battery drain. I don't get enough voicemail to justify the app running at all times.

LOVE youmail. I pay 1.99/mo for the upgraded service.
    Yep...me too. I did the $20/yr.
    06-03-09 06:04 PM
    I too ditched the app because my battery was draining too fast. I even have the Seidio high-capacity battery which eeks out another 15% battery time.

Overrall, I love the service. Everyone is impressed that they are called by name by the SmartGreeting Attendant. I like to be able to record voicemails for special individuals like my other half, boss and colleagues. It really is a great service. It needs some improvment in the UI, but it's kicking!

Regards,
    Rob
    07-16-09 07:35 PM
    OK, yeah I've noticed the 20-30% drain on my bold with the app running.

So, with the mp3 email attachment, you can still get all the features of the service without the app installed and running?
    07-16-09 08:13 PM
    Pretty much. The youmail app is not worth it at all.
    07-16-09 08:23 PM
    ...I didn't even realize there was an app for this. I use Youmail (free, not the paid thing), but I have no app on my phone. All that changed was my voicemail # (which I put as the top thing in my Quicklaunch menu). I get an SMS telling me I missed a call and if they left a message or if no message was left sent directly to my phone after a call is missed.

Why would I want the app?
    07-16-09 08:24 PM
    Well I never had the problem with the battery drain until the .96.0 version release a month or so ago on BB App World. I think its a build/version issue.
    07-26-09 07:12 PM
    I would agree. Definitely a version issue.
    07-26-09 07:30 PM
    As far as the battery drain I don't really seem to have the same issue of course throughout my day I just switch over to 2g when I'm at work. It lasts all day and then some then get home and switch to 3g. Hmmm oh well. Cheers everyone.
    07-26-09 07:42 PM
    youmail is the best voicemail for your blackberry by far!!! the ability to look at an app or login to youmail.com and listen or delete voicemails in whatever order you want is huge. also the email and txt notifications are great with the transcriptions. i do not pay for it and it still does everything I need....heres an idea...do not RUN the app when you do not need to go through your voicemails!! LOL

DUHHHHHHHHHHHH
    07-26-09 08:05 PM
    someone asked....

Why use the app?
    --it proviced visual voice mail, gives an icon that displays new messages and gives lots of nifty UI.

Why does ot drain battery?
    --it "polls" or checks for new messages a LOT. this uses battery.

Solution:
    check out http://www.joekrill.com/vymail/ota/ this is a free app to replace the youmail app. it works WITH youmail. However, vymail gives option to select how often it syncs. set it a really high # of minutes and battery life goes up. It has EVERYTHING else the youmail app has (except the ability to store messages on media card)

hope this helped - please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.
    07-26-09 08:35 PM
    I don't have any leaks with youmail. Could possibly be having other apps running making it seem like its youmail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 08:45 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD