This has to be the best coolest app ever and it also allows for you to bypass the .rem encrypton file format, i tested it out on trial version and yes it works. i was surprised.. now this could also mean anyone who gets your BB could transfer files off of it VIA wifi, but hey don't let get their hands on it.

I used the trial version (which can be obtained via link below or you can buy the program from that link below) the trial verson which is severly limited, you can only see it and can open pictures up and save them via browser, but as for transfering anything or renaming, deleting anything you need to purchase the full version.

Now as for bypassing the .rem protocol its as simple as right clicking on the file and choose open in new tab, browser will load the image or document and then its as easy as right clicking and chose save picture as or document as . even a PDF i have on my BB i was able to save it as PDF all through VIA browser.

I did have a hiccup when i tried to over load the wifi to open say 4-6 pictures at once, so be patient and open 1-2-3 only at a time, depends on your connection wifi and so forth, but this is not a knock down on the product, just limitations on my end is all.

Try it out before you buy it, but i love it.

Its a heck of a lot cheaper then buying a bluetooth receiver and application to transfer files.

Wifi File Transfer for Blackberry - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    Last edited by xamdam; 06-08-09 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Added more info.
    06-08-09 06:01 PM
    After buying this program i am over joyed as now even at friends place who have WIFI ... i no longer need to bring my USB cable with me..... Awesome.

WIFI is a heck of lot faster then USB.
    06-08-09 07:51 PM
    you're faster on wifi. ? Damn, your certainly not with USB 2.0
    06-08-09 07:58 PM
    If you have a computer next to the bold I do not understand the need to use anything else other than a USB cable, or take out the memory card, and, using an adapter, plug it into your USB port. the file transfer is almost transparent.
    06-08-09 09:00 PM
    If you have a computer next to the bold I do not understand the need to use anything else other than a USB cable, or take out the memory card, and, using an adapter, plug it into your USB port. the file transfer is almost transparent.
    Its great to have this program when your out and about at friends places or even on other PC's.

I hate taking my USB cable with me and now i don't have to.

USB 2.0 is what i have and sure it is fast, but on WIFI its faster using this program to do things and being allowed to BYPASS the .rem encryption is AWESOME..... i can now view/save my encrypted Photos, documents on my PC..... Awesome and still have them encrypted on my BB and SD card for security.

For $7.99 after a discount using the APP store coupon which is good till june 16th i believe..... trust me this is a MUST have APP.
    06-08-09 09:06 PM
    I honestly don't seen the need for this app....
    06-08-09 09:13 PM
    How secure is this compare to usb?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 09:17 PM
    I honestly don't seen the need for this app....
    Why ?

Imagine your at work. Your usb cable is at home. You want to add some apps or themes which isnt OTA.

Done.
    06-09-09 05:16 AM
    How secure is this compare to usb?

How secure is your WIFI on your PC is what you should be asking. If your WIFI is secured with a password and 95% most of the time people have a password on their WIFI setups.

I use WPA-PSK which is one of the most if not the top secure encryptions on any WIFI router that have this option, i can even use a more DOD security, but for what reason ..... i am not FORT KNOX.

I love this app as i was at friends places and added files via WIFI and they were like WOW you can do that with a BOLD ... lol .... yep if you have this app you can.

And for those ppl who complain about .rem encrypted files on their phone NOT being able to view them on their PC..... this app like i stated in the beginning will allow for you to BY-PASS that encryption.

This app or something similar is good for law enforcement agencies seeking to obtain files or what have you from criminals, but then again they would need to crack any blackberry phones password if the user put one on which is about 100% impossible for them to do, but nothing in this would is impossible.... lol ... so they say, but 2048bit encryption for password protection NO word of a Lie.. is one major feat to crack and i am SURE RIM has a BACK DOOR to it.

This app is very useful for when your USB cable is at home and your out at a WIFI work place, friends place, hot spot place..... i hate carrying cables.
    Last edited by xamdam; 06-09-09 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Typos
    06-09-09 08:58 AM
    I purchased this app and it is come in handy for me too. My pc at home is not at a desk and usb is not the easiest for me. I used bluetooth file transfer for this (actaully bought an app to do it too). But with wifi its much faster.
    06-09-09 09:04 AM
    Xamdam i'm afraid you sound a bit too much like somebody trying to plug something... you work for the developer by any chance?
    And wifi file transfer quicker than USB??... on which planet is this? cos it sure aint on mine!
    10-23-09 02:56 PM
    I believe there is a free application called portaserver that offers similar functionality out now. Not 100% sure on the name, though.

10-24-09 04:33 PM
    Xamdam i'm afraid you sound a bit too much like somebody trying to plug something... you work for the developer by any chance?
    And wifi file transfer quicker than USB??... on which planet is this? cos it sure aint on mine!
    I have to agree. If he had less posts, it'd be a bit more suspect, but it still sounds fishy. Also, USB 2.0 = 480Mbps, Wireless N (which I'm pretty sure our phones don't have) = 300Mbps. In most cases maximum bandwidth isn't achieved, but you get the point.
    10-24-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD