ORANGE HAVE NOW ENABLED BLACKBERRY MAPS, TO INSTALL & ENABLE WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.

First Download this file:Maps this includes the information for your bold extract to a folder on your desktop called maps. Extract the RAR file using winrar or other archive extractor.

Thirdly open up desktop manager, go to Backup & Restore - Advanced - File (Its in the top left) - Open - Click on bbmaps&wlm.ipd - Click on service book in the left panel - Click the symbol of right arrows. (The service books on your bold will be lost, dont worry you will get them back)

Go to BlackBerry Internet Service login and resend your service books.
    You now have the right service books for Windows Live Messenger to work.

Download this Windows Live Messenger and extract it to your desktop to a folder called WLM. Then using Desktop Manager click application loader>add applications>browse, locate the folder WLM and select WLM.alx and install WLM.
    Last edited by NintendoLinky; 09-11-08 at 04:08 PM.
    09-08-08 03:46 PM
    Oh yeah how do you get more detail to show up on maps, its a little bland all the purple etc. oh and internal gps works great on Edge wooo
    09-08-08 04:03 PM
    Well, followed instructions now I can't get back into BIS on my desktop (gonna try from the Bold in a min), and no sign of Orange Maps... do they auto d/l OTA?
    09-08-08 04:53 PM
    Well, followed instructions now I can't get back into BIS on my desktop (gonna try from the Bold in a min), and no sign of Orange Maps... do they auto d/l OTA?
    The instructions have to be followed to the latter, there are reasons why certain things have to be completed on the bold and on the computer. Maps should just appear on your phone the moment the service books from bbmaps&wlm.ipd, get put on your phone.
    09-08-08 04:56 PM
    Nah, maps never appeared for me.

Eventually got my email addy back by creating from new (somehow I thought I could just add it back). Now I have the same @blackberry.orange.co.uk addy as before, and no maps.

Somewhat ironically I've lost my way somehow.
    09-08-08 05:04 PM
    Yup!

So far so good!!

Just need to get WLM up and running for y'all too!!

I can confirm I am running both Windows Live Messenger and Blackberry maps using an Orange locked and supplied handset on the Orange UK network!
    09-08-08 05:14 PM
    Grrrr.

Followed instruction to the letter, for a second time, and no maps again. Hope as many people get sorted with this though.
    09-08-08 05:16 PM
    Got Windows live messenger working too, enjoy. Thanks to Nanu for providing the instructions and the files for both to work.
    09-08-08 05:23 PM
    com_rim_callnotes can't be unticked for me... is that seen by anybody else?
    09-08-08 06:04 PM
    com_rim_callnotes can't be unticked for me... is that seen by anybody else?

Download the WLM file at the top again mate it has been changed and delete the one on your computer and give that a whirl!
    09-08-08 06:08 PM
    09-08-08 06:13 PM
    Look at that bloomin' screenie! Now ya just showing off ;-)

Cheers for the apps lads. Now if only I can get maps on the go.

v = viigo beta?
    09-08-08 06:16 PM
    Lol nanu, well done Ch33ky, hope you can get it done, me and nanu did it so you should too.
    09-08-08 06:24 PM
    Look at that bloomin' screenie! Now ya just showing off ;-)

Cheers for the apps lads. Now if only I can get maps on the go.

v = viigo beta?
    Yes thats the Beta version of project Tango!
    09-08-08 06:33 PM
    OMG, thanks Nintendolinky. It works for me too.

Cheers fella
    09-08-08 06:47 PM

Cheers fella
    Ahem!

LOL
    09-08-08 06:49 PM

Cheers fella
    It wasn't all me, but i glad you like what me and Nanu completed. Did you manage to get both working, like me and Nanu did.

Also Can a MOD change the title of this thread please to something more pleasing, i was a little excited when i wrote it.
    09-08-08 06:50 PM
    Great Info, and its installed successfully, however when I try and sign in, it says this " Service is not avaliable on this handheld" Any ideas
    09-08-08 06:53 PM
    Great Info, and its installed successfully, however when I try and sign in, it says this " Service is not avaliable on this handheld" Any ideas

WLM I presume?

Have you installed the service books? the .ipd file?
    09-08-08 07:00 PM
    WLM I presume?

Have you installed the service books? the .ipd file?
    Same prob for me - what .ipd file for WLM?

Thanks
    09-09-08 01:12 AM
    The one listed as maps in nintendolinkys first post!

In order to install WLM only you can simply add the application from the .alx file, restore the .ipd file to your blackberry and then resend the service books from the Orange bis website, this is a far quicker way to enable WLM but it will disable maps again so the choice is yours!
    09-09-08 01:26 AM
    Well done! Is this Orange UK specific? Will it work with a Vodafone handset?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 01:39 AM
    Well done! Is this Orange UK specific? Will it work with a Vodafone handset?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No its not orange specific, if you can do the same on the Vodafone BIS website that you can do on the Orange one it will work the same, enjoy.
    09-09-08 05:08 AM
    works for me although i just read that orange are updating there sim services to allow BBMaps, although i very much doubt they will allow it for WLM seeing as they have there own services.

t
    09-09-08 05:24 AM
    Works a teat, but I did not need to delete my email accounts.

Perhaps this could be a sticky ?

Thx great find.

Nik.
    09-09-08 05:45 AM
124 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD