I was considering purchasing QL, but recently saw the blog post about SuperLaunch and they seem very similar.

Anyone have experience with both? Why chose one over the other?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 10:58 AM
    Quicklaunch is the "original" and Superlaunch is a Quicklaunch "knock-off".
    Quicklaunch is a fantastic app.
    05-09-10 11:40 AM
    I agree with tellsells, QL is a must have application for your BB.
    05-09-10 11:56 AM
    go with quicklaunch, you wont regret it. Superlaunch is a "knock off"
    05-09-10 02:49 PM
    I was considering purchasing QL, but recently saw the blog post about SuperLaunch and they seem very similar.

Anyone have experience with both? Why chose one over the other?

I've never used Superlaunch so I can't comment on how usable it is, but I've used QL forever and it's a must have application. Incredible list of options and almost endlessly customizable - it really does give you access to just about everything within 1-2 clicks. Also, the developer's customer service with QL is the best out there as far as I'm concerned. I once had a minor issue following an update and they worked with me to get everything functioning perfectly. If you were going to buy just one premium app, this should be it!!!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-09-10 02:55 PM
    Quicklaunch is a great app. You won't be disappointed.

05-09-10 03:27 PM
    Hands down, Quicklaunch. Fast and clean, a superb app.
    05-09-10 03:59 PM
    not to mention the origenator of Quicklaunch is a member of Cberry.
    05-09-10 04:07 PM
    Anyone else have a problem with superlaunch where blackberry messenger can't launch from it? Also the feature where you can sms a contact with a hotkey doesn't work..

05-09-10 09:29 PM
    QuickLaunch is great, but I have a number of apps that that can't be started with QL, but can be started with SuperLaunch.
    05-10-10 01:38 AM
    I don't understand why people want BBM on QL. Hold your blackberry key for 2 seconds and it is always running. I use QL for all of my apps that are not the primary ones running all of the time.

05-10-10 06:38 AM
    QL is amazing. Has made my BlackBerry navigations much more enjoyable than it already was! Go with the original player in QL! Agree that it is a must have app. Worth every penny!!!
    05-11-10 04:55 PM
    The problems these people are having with SuperLaunch have already been solved with QuickLaunch. What an F'n ripoff. I really can't believe CB would even mention such a blatant unoriginal idea. QL is still the best. Try it and you won't be disappointed.
    05-11-10 05:00 PM
    I don't understand why people want BBM on QL. Hold your blackberry key for 2 seconds and it is always running. I use QL for all of my apps that are not the primary ones running all of the time.

or just hit the N key as long as you don't have dial from homescreen set...easy peasy!
    05-11-10 05:18 PM
    I will echo what others have said about QL. Must have app. I have nothing to add about the "other" one.
    05-11-10 06:42 PM
    quick launch all the way! and as has been said the customer service is phenomenal. you really don't see that these days.
    05-11-10 07:35 PM
    QL is, generally, excellent. Should be part of the OS -- adds SO much utility and convenience that should have been there from the beginning. But since it isn't built in, I'm glad to have QL.

There ARE a few apps that, for whatever reason, QL cannot launch. I'm guessing that the developers may have done something non-standard when creating these apps -- the end result being that QL either cannot "see" the apps, and therefore doesn't offer them as options when you're adding to your custom menu, or else nothing happens when you attempt to launch the app via QL. I've only run into this in a couple of instances. For the most part, QL works perfectly with the vast majority of apps I own. Also has some great extras such as ability to customize appearance / colors, add separators and submenus, add apps / websites / phone calls / email / sms / PIN msgs / media files, etc -- as well as assigning 1 to 3 letter keyboard shortcuts for the items as well, screen capture (built in), backup / restore of settings, etc, etc, etc. Pretty amazing.

Haven't tried the competition, but I have no reason to disdain superlaunch, even if it is a knock-off -- unless it's a blatant copyright violation. Our market place generally depends on competition, and in this area, products tend to develop reputations based on quality, value and customer service. If the vendor earns loyalty (as NikkiSoft has), it's far more important than merely putting out a cheap imitation of a great product. I suspect NikkiSoft will continue to do well in the marketplace based on a great product, responsive and excellent customer service, frequent and meaningful updates and a great overall customer experience -- very professional, excellent value. If the competition truly is no more than a cheap knockoff, NikkiSoft has nothing to worry about.
    05-11-10 07:39 PM
    You're not going to find much in the way of experience with Super Launch, as it's so new. QL has been around for a bit and, as the blog says, was the winner of the "2009 App of the Year" award from CB.

I can tell you this. For a long time, I resisted buying QL. I simply did not see the need for it. Not that there was anything wrong with it, but I just couldn't imagine wanting it. The theme I use, AppleBerry 2.0, gives me a very clean home screen, with dedicated weather slot in the upper left and five user-customizable icons across the bottom. One of these is a "Stack" which, when clicked or touched (if you're on a Storm), reveals yet another five, user customizable apps. So, why do I need QL? Finally, during yet another QL discussion here, I posted pretty much the same thing, again not challenging anyone about their choices, but looking for some reason that I should have it. Someone responded with a couple of things I hadn't thought about, including the built in "flashlight" feature, which for me, a professional photographer, would come in very handy for those increasingly frequent times when I drop a lens cap or battery or something in a dark room. Plus, I was wanting to do some screen captures, both features that QL has. So, I figured "what the heck" and went ahead and bought it.

I added the QL to one of the docks at the bottom of my home screen and boy, was I surprised at all the things I've added to it. Now, almost EVERYTHING I want, is accessable with two clicks: one to open QL and the other to click on the app I want.

People are knocking Super Launch as being a "wannabe" or a "knock off" or some such thing, but the fact is, there's nothing wrong with competition and I don't feel it's a "bad" thing that someone else came out with a quite similar product. I'm NOT impressed, however, by their app icon, which I do think of as being a ripoff of the original.
    05-11-10 07:43 PM
    Thanks for all the responses.

For those of you who said there were some apps that QL couldn't launch is there a short list of them somewhere?

Last edited by DrLouie; 06-07-10 at 08:16 PM.
    05-12-10 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD