Someone somewhere said the clock can be lit when recharging but not the keyboard or trackball. How do you do that? I find the whole thing way too bright at night.
    09-28-08 09:16 AM
    By default bedside mode is turned on. So when you charge your phone it should automatically turn on. If not then go to Clock -> Menu -> turn on bedside mode

Then trackball, status led and keyboard should automatically turn off.
    09-28-08 09:26 AM
    OMG that's the best thing! I love it.

You made my day. Well, you and my BOLD.
    09-28-08 09:42 AM
    By default bedside mode is turned on. So when you charge your phone it should automatically turn on. If not then go to Clock -> Menu -> turn on bedside mode

Then trackball, status led and keyboard should automatically turn off.
    i can't seem to find that option. when i go to the clock icon, i choose options and then scroll down to bedside options, which ask if you want the led turned off, radio turned off or clock dimmed.

there's also an option to enter bedside mode manually, but you have to keep choosing it when you plug the charger in.
    09-28-08 10:39 AM
    Gotta love bedside mode
    09-28-08 12:35 PM
    I have to laugh.. watch out!

I like bedside mode.. BUT.. if you set it manually.. it stays set.. and it was set and I didn't even realize it after the fact much later.. and this morning I was wondering why I no longer got a flashy red LED light anymore but vibrations worked fine. Went as far as service books and battery pull.

As soon as I turned off bedside mode in the clock application, I got my flashy red LED back again.
    09-28-08 12:52 PM
    I have to laugh.. watch out!

I like bedside mode.. BUT.. if you set it manually.. it stays set.. and it was set and I didn't even realize it after the fact much later.. and this morning I was wondering why I no longer got a flashy red LED light anymore but vibrations worked fine. Went as far as service books and battery pull.

As soon as I turned off bedside mode in the clock application, I got my flashy red LED back again.

Now that you mentioned the flash red led... i just wanted to know whether you get the led flashing if you have missed calls... the led on my bold only works for messages and emails not missed calls..

Cheers!
    09-28-08 02:12 PM
    Having the LED flash in bedside mode is an option you can turn off. You can uncheck that option if you need to see the light go off at 4 in the morning. Its pretty customizable..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 02:19 PM
    I didn't think you could turn ON the LED flash in bedside mode and was all bummed.... and now this note has said you can turn it off, which means you can turn it on....

Better and better. I definitely want it ON.

I love this stupid device.
    09-28-08 04:14 PM
    The bedside mode is one of the cleaver apps rim added to the phone.

09-29-08 02:16 PM
    Tell me more about this "bedside mode," because I, for one, have my green coverage indicator flashing so that I can easily reach for the blinky green light if I needed to check something.
    09-29-08 02:27 PM
    i can't seem to find that option. when i go to the clock icon, i choose options and then scroll down to bedside options, which ask if you want the led turned off, radio turned off or clock dimmed.

there's also an option to enter bedside mode manually, but you have to keep choosing it when you plug the charger in.
    In options in Clock Change the "When Charging" setting to "Enter Bedside Mode"
    09-29-08 05:25 PM
    Don't bother entering bedside mode via the menu, just hit 'b' on the keyboard.

The app does raise an interesting point for addicts: can you cope with being to be able to see it at night, seeing that it's on but having the radio off and daring to miss something oh so important??? If that's a tricky one to answer there are other things that need looking at in your life.

;-)
    09-29-08 05:46 PM
    Better and better! "When charging.... enter bedside mode." So good. And with the LED set to "on" it doesn't get any better.

The little things are such pleasures.

As an aside, I have ordered a docking charger thing from RIM to charge 'er and prop 'er up. I don't know how it charges - one of those holes at the bottom? - but I am looking forward to setting it up.
    09-29-08 06:00 PM
    Don't bother entering bedside mode via the menu, just hit 'b' on the keyboard.

The app does raise an interesting point for addicts: can you cope with being to be able to see it at night, seeing that it's on but having the radio off and daring to miss something oh so important??? If that's a tricky one to answer there are other things that need looking at in your life.

;-)
    ok, when i hit 'b' it goes to my bb browser. i'd love to be able to go to bedside instead, since i use my bold as my clock at night...
    09-29-08 08:43 PM
    'b' works from within the clock app.

I assigned the clock as the right convenience key as I like having the clock on when it's sat on meeting room tables.
    09-30-08 06:38 AM
    Better and better! "When charging.... enter bedside mode." So good. And with the LED set to "on" it doesn't get any better.

The little things are such pleasures.

As an aside, I have ordered a docking charger thing from RIM to charge 'er and prop 'er up. I don't know how it charges - one of those holes at the bottom? - but I am looking forward to setting it up.
    where is the option to "enter bedside mode when charging"? when i plug in the phone, i have to manually enter & exit bedside mode.
    09-30-08 08:52 AM
    Clock Options, when charging.

09-30-08 09:18 AM
    When I go to 'Options', clock is not available to choose. I see many references to the Clock APP or Bedside APP, is there some Application I need to download to get this to work, or what am I missing?
    10-15-08 09:39 PM
    no no...u go into your applications, then the clock...now, when u actually see the clock...lol....then hit the blackberry logo button....and a menu pops up...and

tadaaaaaaa...ull see an 'enable bedside mode' option
    10-15-08 11:07 PM
    Why wHen in Bedside mode does the e-nail received alarm still go off, surely that mode if it to were work properly would silence all that kind of stuff!
    10-16-08 01:55 AM
    "Disable Radio" is your friend.

10-16-08 04:01 AM
    Basically, in bedside mode you can have it do whatever you want - LED or none, alarm or none.... it's totally customizable.

Of course, as an addict, I never turn the LED or alarm off.
    10-16-08 06:34 PM
    Of course, as an addict, I never turn the LED or alarm off.
    LOL Nothing like a little blinking LED in the middle of the night beckoning you to read your email!!!

I have to say, bedside mode is absolutely fantastic. The first night I had my bold, I kept turning the lamp on my night stand on and off just to see the berry's clock dimming.... hehehe
    10-16-08 08:31 PM
    This is awesome! Love it! i didn't know..thanks!
    10-17-08 12:54 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD