I hope this hasn't been posted already; as you can see from the heading, I couldn't find it, so I've tried including EVERYTHING I've been searching for.

If you have a Blackberry Bold / 9000 and the volume for your ringtone or speakerphone has all of a sudden gone really REALLY soft, do this to try fix it - I'm giving a step by step, call it a walkthrough...

Go to 'Media' (click on Media icon)
    Select and click on 'Ring Tones'
    Click on 'All Ring Tones'
    Click on the first (or second etc.) ringtone - try and smile while you listen to it playing...
    Open the Menu by pressing the left button, next to the green 'make call' button
    Scroll to 'Activate Handset', select and click it

Check your speakerphone / ringtone volume again - this sorted out my two week hunt in the haystack
    04-16-09 03:23 AM
    Excellent post! I think I'm going to include this on my site within the Articles section if that is ok with you.

Chris
    04-16-09 03:38 AM
    Umm...what exactly does the media have to do with your ringtone? The media player is exactly that, a media player. Your ringtone is dependant of such. So you can be listening to your media player on soft and depending on the chosen profile your ringtone will ring accordingly....I'm just asking because obviously this is my experience with media and ringtones....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 03:44 AM
    Good question JoJo.

I think it would be nice for Blackberry to have ALL volume settings etc. under one heading in 'Options', called Audio (maybe not a good idea, but I need to vent...)

Tronyx; please include this on your site, the world needs people with BlackBerry's to be calm, collected, informed and able to hear the phone ring...
    04-16-09 04:24 AM
    See the following post for the fix:

h t t p : / / forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=2329836#post2329836

----> one blackberry owner = borderline insanity <-----
    04-20-09 03:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD