I know this topic has appeared a number of times. I have been searching through the forums diligently for more than a week. I have tried every recommended maneuver.

Nevertheless, I cannot get the damn voicemail notification icon (along with the number 2) to go away despite the fact that I have no voicemails.

I'm running os 247 on the bold, att. Can anybody please help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 09:34 PM
    Did you try a battery pull?
    04-07-09 09:39 PM
    Did you try a battery pull? Also, call your device from another line, leave yourself a voicemail. Call your voicemail from your device and delete the message you left yourself. See if these tactcs don't help.
    04-07-09 09:39 PM
    I had this happen to me on my Curve 8330. I did all the suggested stuff, battery pulls, etc and nothing worked. What finally worked was having my husband call me and leave me a voicemail then go in and listen to and delete that. Hope it works for you!

04-07-09 09:42 PM
    The best way I know is what was suggested by princessdenise. Call and leave a voice mail on your phone. One thing I will add is be sure to use the * key to end the call to voice mail instead of hanging up.
    04-07-09 11:41 PM
    Thanks all.

I've done all these things, still no success.

Any other ideas?

04-08-09 02:50 AM
    I have a similar problem.

I just got a Bold after I had a Storm, I'm on ATT and I have a 1 next to a voice mail icon, I tried to leave myself messages and deleted them. I tried to use * to disconnect from the voice mail, I tried battery pulls, and so far nothing worked.

I have 2 voice mail messages I left myself, but it seems like the voice mail icon is not updating either as if it was stuck somehow, still shows 1.

Is this a .247 bug? Or do I need to call ATT to resend the voice mail signal ?
    04-08-09 07:19 AM
    Have you checked for saved VM's?
    04-08-09 07:25 AM
    Yea, but it shouldn't display the icon for saved data, regardless I deleted everything

So I shouldn't have anything, but ATT let's you access deleted messages for some time also, so those get deleted on their end after some time.
    04-08-09 08:07 AM
    I called ATT, told them the problem, they did some update on their end, I had to do a battery pull for the updates to take, and nothing helped, still have the icon.

Anyone have input? Should I try a wipe? I just wanted to avoid wiping and restoring.
    04-12-09 12:17 PM
    Would service books help in this case?
    04-12-09 12:27 PM
    How about a longer battery pull? 5 mins??
    04-12-09 12:46 PM
    Usually a battery pull will clear this up. That and the calling and/or calling and leaving a vm and then deleting it has always fixed this prob for me.

04-12-09 04:01 PM
    I had same issue (my carrier is verizon) and I did the following:
    Go to your voice mail and in personal options / select message waiting indicator and turn it on (listen your voices mail) and then go again to message waiting indicator and turn it off.
    04-23-09 10:32 AM
    I also have this problem with the Tour and have tried all the above ideas....with no change
    07-16-09 08:55 AM
    Try changing the theme.
    07-16-09 08:58 AM
    More or less if none of the above works you will have to notify your provider, the problem is fixed by tricking the system. Voice mails are notified by text messages, so what they will have to do is block your text messaging, then leave you a voice mail so you phone has the voice mail but did not get notified, once the voice mail is left text messaging will be turned back on, so when you go in and check and delete you message the notification gets sent to the phone. I hope this did not confuse you and brought some light on the subject.
    07-16-09 10:47 AM
    i don't know if this works for voicemails, but when i had a bunch of emails that wouldn't delete, it was b/c the message logs or whatever, were corrupt.

i had to go into desktop manager, backup the phone, then wipe the messages and then restore it. that worked as it restored all the messages, and then allowed me to delete them...i'm not expert so this may be completely off, but you could look into it. maybe some call/voice mail logs in the system?
    07-16-09 02:57 PM
    Listen to your voice mail then press 7.
    08-30-11 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD