I just realized this morning that my voicemail has not been working properly. After receiving a call from work, my boss left a voicemail and my phone promptly displayed a notification for 11 voicemails that have been left over the course of a couple of months. I just upgraded to the latest OS last night so my thinking is that the OS I was using was to blame, but only time will tell. Has anyone else had these problems and know the actual cause or solutions to fix it?
    07-21-09 05:34 PM
    i had a similar prob. i installed VVM when at&t didn't support it. when people left a voice mail i wouldn't be notified but if I called my voicemail I could hear them. did/have you done anything with VVM? what OS did you goto and come from?
    07-21-09 05:41 PM
    I have VVM installed but I don't think I can remove it. I haven't tried to set it up yet because I know AT&T doesn't support it yet. I came to .282, but I'm not sure what I came from. It was several months old and I switched computers between now and then so I don't have the old file to look back. I wanna say .24something maybe, but I'm really not sure.
    07-21-09 05:45 PM
    It's not necessarily your phone(s)...

AT&T Is A Big, Steaming Heap Of Failure
    07-21-09 05:55 PM
    It's probably Visual Voice Mail. You should remove it, and this link should help:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/v-2...e-mail-165708/

If that link doesn't work, delete/move the net_rim_bb_vvm_xxx.cod files (7 of them) to another folder (say in My Documents), from
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000-v4.6.0.xxx_P4.0.0.xxx\Java folder

Then open Desktop Manager, and run the App Loader.. It should remove Visual Voice Mail then, if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by joemecu; 07-21-09 at 06:12 PM.
    07-21-09 06:08 PM
    It's not necessarily your phone(s)...

AT&T Is A Big, Steaming Heap Of Failure
    No offense but helpful ideas are better appreciated. Me reading a post on a blog somewhere about how AT&T sucks doesn't really help me with my problem. I would rather hear that I just need to call my voicemail account every time I have a missed call to see if they left a voicemail than read something that doesn't help since I'm halfway through my contract and don't care to pay the fees required to switch providers.

It's probably Visual Voice Mail. You should remove it, and this link should help:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/v-2...e-mail-165708/

If that link doesn't work, delete/move the net_rim_bb_vvm_xxx.cod files (7 of them) to another folder (say in My Documents), from
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000-v4.6.0.xxx_P4.0.0.xxx\Java folder

Then open Desktop Manager, and run the App Loader.. It should remove Visual Voice Mail then, if I remember correctly.
    Thank you for the help. I will try this and keep my fingers crossed and see what happens.
    07-21-09 06:17 PM
    If you had even bothered to read the article, you'd realize that the voicemail issue you're experiencing is related to AT&T's service, not your phone....
    07-21-09 06:21 PM
    If you had even bothered to read the article, you'd realize that the voicemail issue you're experiencing is related to AT&T's service, not your phone....
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems as if the article refers to a Visual Voicemail issue for the iPhone. (not applicable to this situation)

Either way, it makes me leery about trying any visual voice mail on the BlackBerry, for a while, if/when AT&T decides to support it.
    Last edited by joemecu; 07-21-09 at 06:41 PM.
    07-21-09 06:26 PM
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems as if the article refers to a Visual Voicemail issue for the iPhone. (not applicable to this situation)

Either way, it makes me leery about trying any visual voice mail on the BlackBerry, for a while, if/when AT&T decides to support it.
    That's what I got from the article as well.

On a different note I had a couple of people call and leave me voicemails to see if it was working, and I didn't have a problem getting them. Not really sure what fixed it but it seems to be working properly. Thanks for the help.
    07-21-09 07:09 PM
    No problem, hopefully it's fixed.. but only time will tell
    07-21-09 07:43 PM
    You can always get youmail. It works great.
    07-21-09 08:17 PM
    When you install a new OS with the visual voicemail program, you won't
    receive your regular voicemail notifications. VVM needs to be uninstalled
    from the phone in order for your regular voice mail notifications to come back.
    You can uninstall it using that link that was provided to you. I usually use
    CrackMem or CrackUtil to uninstall it. But the point of my post to stop the
    confusion in here is:

receive your regular voicemail notifications.
    07-21-09 08:22 PM
    receive your regular voicemail notifications. VVM needs to be uninstalled
    from the phone in order for your regular voice mail notifications to come back.
    You can uninstall it using that link that was provided to you. I usually use
    CrackMem or CrackUtil to uninstall it. But the point of my post to stop the
    confusion in here is:

receive your regular voicemail notifications.
    Im not tryin to say your wrong or anything but........when i had .266 installed, i *accidentally* activated VVM for the phone. after a day or two i started gettin hateful texts sayin "i let you a voice mail b*tch call me back. realized it was vvm and removed it with crack mem. when i upgraded to 282 vvm was installed but not activated.....simply....VVM doesn't affect your voicemail until u activate it I BELIEVE
    07-21-09 09:12 PM
    posted to wrong thread.. nevermind
    07-25-09 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD