I uploaded some movies in my bold but the movie does not fit the entire screen. I did set it to fit screen but it still has the black sides. What can i do to make it fit the entire screen?? any particular program to use?? and one more question, how can i get the video to look as nice as the sample videos the phone came with?? Thank you!!
    03-28-09 11:09 PM
    What program did you use to upload your movies?
    03-28-09 11:13 PM
    i used magic dvd ripper then used the desktop manager to upload.
    03-28-09 11:15 PM
    try using handbreak to compress your movies, its what i used for my movies, and it works great just google handbreak, and you should be able to find it.
    03-28-09 11:41 PM
    try using handbreak to compress your movies, its what i used for my movies, and it works great just google handbreak, and you should be able to find it.
    After using handbreak do you just upload them with DM?
    03-28-09 11:48 PM
    thats what i did. when you compress, go to toggle presets on the top right corner, choose "apple", then choose "apple iphone & ipod touch" it takes a little while, but works great
    03-29-09 12:53 AM
    I haven't had great luck with handbrake. Most of the time the audio is out of sync with the video. Any suggestions to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

I mainly use DVD Ripper Express. Not free but definitely worth it if you're into watching movies on the Bold. Video (480x320) quality is very nice and the movies look clear, crisp and sharp on the Bold's beautiful screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 01:24 AM
    after compressing with handbrake, when using DM to transfer, do you optimize for best results? i think that'll help if you havn't already tried that
    03-29-09 12:29 PM
    after compressing with handbrake, when using DM to transfer, do you optimize for best results? i think that'll help if you havn't already tried that
    Uh...no I haven't tried that but most definitely will. Thank you very much for the direction!!

03-29-09 01:25 PM
    Handbrake is the best bet., but its kinda take away the quality if you play the same file on a big screen
    03-29-09 01:45 PM
    When using Handbrake, you can select iphone & itouch, but you might need to adjust the fps down a bit (I think to 24) to prevent the video and audio from going out of sync.
    03-29-09 02:35 PM
    After using handbreak do you just upload them with DM?
    i just click and drag
    03-29-09 04:18 PM
    When using Handbrake, you can select iphone & itouch, but you might need to adjust the fps down a bit (I think to 24) to prevent the video and audio from going out of sync.
    I do use the iPhone setting but I haven't goofed around with the fps. I'll try that. Thank you!

03-29-09 05:17 PM
    I've experienced that too, the media player seems to have an issue with encodes at 30fps for example, but is fine at 24fps.
    03-29-09 05:54 PM
    Best Converting software for converting videos to "OPTIMIZED FOR BB" videos is Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate

u can convert any video / movie and choose Blackberry mp4
    03-29-09 09:26 PM
    Best Converting software for converting videos to "OPTIMIZED FOR BB" videos is Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate

u can convert any video / movie and choose Blackberry mp4
    I'll second that, I use Xilisoft as well great program.
    03-29-09 09:49 PM
    3rding xilisoft
    03-29-09 11:16 PM
    Wouldn't the "black bars" be influenced by the aspect ratio of the source? (ie, widescreen movie = black bars)
    03-29-09 11:17 PM
    Originally Posted by y0us3f:

u can convert any video / movie and choose Blackberry mp4 ?:-)

Is ths program free? If not, how much did it cost and where can I find it?

03-29-09 11:32 PM
    Okay guys, I got the Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate software and tried coverting to blackberry but i still have the black side lines on my video. What settings do i use?? thanks!
    03-31-09 05:13 PM
    i just got xilsoft too... i chose blackberry mp4 profile.. but the largest video size is 320 x 240. i use the bold so i prefer 480 x 320, is there any way to change it?
    03-31-09 08:27 PM
    If you want the Xilisoft , I don't know if its ok to post a cracked software here or not , add me : [email protected] i'll give it to u

and avmsam : yes you can make it 480 x 320

when you choose the largest video 320 x 240 u can see Profile Settings and Right Arrows right ? click on the arrows and u'll go to the advanced mode and there u can change the video size to what u want

sorry for my bad english
    03-31-09 08:39 PM
    In the xilisoft convertor change the aspect to pan/scan and you'll have full screen.

03-31-09 08:43 PM
    Okay guys, I got the Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate software and tried coverting to blackberry but i still have the black side lines on my video. What settings do i use?? thanks!
    maybe u r using trial version ?
    03-31-09 08:49 PM
    Originally Posted by y0us3f:

u can convert any video / movie and choose Blackberry mp4 ?:-)

Is ths program free? If not, how much did it cost and where can I find it?

Video Converter: Convert video, AVI MPEG WMV MP4 MKV video converter

03-31-09 08:50 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD