hey,
    does anyone know how to upgrade my bold using mac?
    thanks a lot
    06-09-09 11:26 PM
    Upgrade your OS? you would normally do that by following the stickied threads, or, your CD that came with your Bold that needs to be installed on your MAC to run Device Manager.
    06-09-09 11:28 PM
    Upgrade your OS? you would normally do that by following the stickied threads, or, your CD that came with your Bold that needs to be installed on your MAC to run Device Manager.
    yes, upgrading my os..
    how can i get that software?
    06-09-09 11:33 PM
    you need to be running windows somehow through either bootcamp or virtual machine.

I use VMware and bootcamp.
    06-09-09 11:34 PM
    i heard people state that upgrading os with a mac does not work. i have a mac and i would like to upgrade when the official 5.0 arrives but this might be something that will prevent me from upgrading unless it actually does work.
    06-09-09 11:34 PM
    you need to be running windows somehow through either bootcamp or virtual machine.

Ouch. So much to do to upgrade.
    06-09-09 11:36 PM
    *sigh* How many times must I post this in one day?

With a MAC you will either need to use another computer that has Windows or you will need to get Virtual PC style software to run a Windows machine within your MAC. PocketMac is apparently a big one.

You can find .266 HERE. Or you can browse the other OSes HERE.

Follow these two guides:

Proper OS Upgrade & Downgrade Procedures

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

You will need CrackMem, which you can get HERE. The instructions for CrackMem can be found HERE.

Take your time and follow the instructions carefully.

Chris
    06-09-09 11:37 PM

gosh! so complicated. lol
    06-09-09 11:50 PM

With a MAC you will either need to use another computer that has Windows or you will need to get Virtual PC style software to run a Windows machine within your MAC. PocketMac is apparently a big one.
    Nope. Most of your post is on point (as you know, as we've all extensively used the links you posted), but PocketMac is just a crappy contact/email/iCal sync tool with some ability to add/remove apps on the device itself. It's not a Windows virtual machine and doesn't run Desktop Manager. It has had a bluetooth option built-into the menus for years that still didn't work the last time I tried it (which amittedly was several months ago, right after I got my Bold). I don't believe there is currently any Mac equivalent to the AppLoader, which means no Mac versions or equivalents of JL_Cmder, CrackMem, Desktop Manager, MCP, etc. Mac users absurdly still need to get that puppy to a machine that runs Windows in some capacity.

I REALLY can't believe that RIM has let it go this long. There HAVE to be enough BlackBerry owners on Macs to create a demand for this, and it HAS to be costing them business. I do tech support for the USGS and the only phones the gub'ment offers/supports/allows to accesss our networks are BlackBerries, and there are more Mac users in the USGS every day. I can't imagine other government organizations are much different, and Java works nicely accross both platforms, so it's kinda silly the way Mac users just don't get software support from RIM.
    06-10-09 02:29 AM
    Well, I'm obviously not a Mac person, lol. I felt dirty buying an iPod! I've just seen the PocketMac term tossed around in a lot of the Mac topics on here.

Chris
    06-10-09 02:48 AM
    not gonna happen mate. you have to be using windows somehow. either use a real pc, bootcamp, vmware, or parallels desktop
    06-10-09 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD