I read all over here that its simple as this, call ATT, tell them you are going to travel and you need an unlock code. They would not provide me with one. They said I purchased my phone under the terms of contract and they can not unlock it until the contract is expired.

Any ideas? How can I get this unlocked, I know they can do it.
    05-19-09 12:21 PM
    crap. I did it after having my Bold for 3 weeks. Just call back and try again. the only thing they did was add international roaming to my account but its free and ddint add anything to my bill.
    05-19-09 12:24 PM
    I just got my BlackBerry Bold unlocked this morning. I "bought" mine off of eBay from "blowfish06". It cost me $3.88 and had my unlock code within 45 minutes of paying for it.
    05-19-09 12:26 PM
    Yep, call them back and tell them you are going overseas. Decline their offer for AT&T international, you'll be getting a local SIM card. Some people have said they have called back a few times.
    05-19-09 12:27 PM
    hi, i'm new to the forum so i need to post 10 times before i can start a thread or even PM anyone about buying their bbs ! please email me if you have a bb unlocked for sprint to sell !

thanks !
    Unlock codes are unique to each device. You can't buy someone else's. Look at my post above about where I got mine.
    05-19-09 12:28 PM
    hi, i'm new to the forum so i need to post 10 times before i can start a thread or even PM anyone about buying their bbs ! please email me if you have a bb unlocked for sprint to sell !

thanks !
    Please do not threadjack. You can try the marketplace on this site.
    05-19-09 12:33 PM
    I got an unlock code from blowfish too on ebay! Cheap and great transaction!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 12:33 PM
    ATT cannot force you to use their service internationally. Tell them you are going to use pre-paid SIM chips..

I've told them this hundreds of times and have gotten the SIM unlock, 100% of the time.
    05-19-09 12:35 PM
    Time is money... Spend $3.88 on eBay to get your unlock code. Don't waste your time on the phone with ATT. Maybe try once, but if they don't the first time dig the change out of your sofa and pay for it.
    05-19-09 12:38 PM
    I went with DrUnlock on ebay, got it emailed to me in less than an hour.
    05-19-09 12:41 PM
    Ok I'm am going to give away the secret to getting a free unlock code. This is super simple and had worked for me and my firends a total of about 17 times.

Call up AT&T when your bill is due and speak to a rep. Tell them you would like to make a payment. Immediately follow that up by saying "Also I travel outside of the country on job related business and would like an unlock code to use my phone when I'm overseas". They will always say YES!!! They will ask u for your IMEI # right after your payment has been made. Works like a charm everytime Hope this helps......
    05-19-09 12:45 PM
    I unlocked my rogers device for FREE just the other day, call ATT again and tell them, not ask them, that you wish to have it unlocked immediately as your going traveling very soon and you want it unlocked or international roaming with no FEES added to your account.

International roaming does not mean the phone is unlocked.
    05-19-09 12:46 PM
    i just bought mine off ebay, under $4, and you don't have the hassle of dealing with the csr's
    05-19-09 02:55 PM
    Time is money... Spend $3.88 on eBay to get your unlock code. Don't waste your time on the phone with ATT. Maybe try once, but if they don't the first time dig the change out of your sofa and pay for it.
    hmm, let's see, waste a few min with at&t or waste money on an unlock code that can be gotten for free. I wonder what the smart thing is to do?
    Last edited by ninja please; 05-19-09 at 03:05 PM.
    05-19-09 03:03 PM
    ATT cannot force you to use their service internationally. Tell them you are going to use pre-paid SIM chips..

I've told them this hundreds of times and have gotten the SIM unlock, 100% of the time.
    This should be the end of the thread right there.

OP, do as everyone has suggested and just call them back. Let us know what happens.

By the way, don't stumble upon your words to the rep or else they become hesitant about giving the code. Just get right to the point after the rep asks what he/she can help you with.

"Yes you can help me with just one, small problem. I got word yesterday that I have to travel to Australia on Saturday for 3 days for business and I was hoping you guys could provide me the unlock code to my phone. Since it's just 3 days the international plan is too much to spend for me. I don't want to have to buy another phone just to use over there."

That's what I've done, and it's worked.
    05-19-09 03:13 PM
    This should be the end of the thread right there.

OP, do as everyone has suggested and just call them back. Let us know what happens.

By the way, don't stumble upon your words to the rep or else they become hesitant about giving the code. Just get right to the point after the rep asks what he/she can help you with.

"Yes you can help me with just one, small problem. I got word yesterday that I have to travel to Australia on Saturday for 3 days for business and I was hoping you guys could provide me the unlock code to my phone. Since it's just 3 days the international plan is too much to spend for me. I don't want to have to buy another phone just to use over there."

That's what I've done, and it's worked.
    Can we call you Cyrano?
    05-19-09 03:15 PM
    I called AT&T and tried to sound really pi$$ed off that my company was sending my to Toronto in a few weeks. I told her that I wasn't too happy to leave my family for 3 weeks, but that at least I had a job. I think she felt sorry for me and gave up the code.
    05-19-09 03:16 PM
    Can we call you Cyrano?
    I called AT&T and tried to sound really pi$$ed off that my company was sending my to Toronto in a few weeks. I told her that I wasn't too happy to leave my family for 3 weeks, but that at least I had a job. I think she felt sorry for me and gave up the code.
    I think Jemjee should get that name.
    05-19-09 03:17 PM
    i just went to unlockmybberry.com it was 17 dollars within 15 seconds of me sending payment i had my unlock code, and it worked.
    05-19-09 03:18 PM
    Crikey i wish here in the UK the networks would give us free unlocks...a month ago i got another Bold as part of my upgrade and asked them for an unlock code as i do travel a bit through my job...off to Dubai tommorrow morning and they said sure but it will cost me �30.
    Im with Tmobile and have been with them for yrs now and thats the best they can do...so i told them to shove it and went to a mobile phone shop who did it in an hr and only charged me �10 for the ordeal.
    05-19-09 03:19 PM
    i just went to unlockmybberry.com it was 17 dollars within 15 seconds of me sending payment i had my unlock code, and it worked.
    I went to 1800-331-0500, got the unlock code in 5 minutes for free and it worked (four times).
    05-19-09 03:19 PM
    yea totally fail. everyone is always looking at how to scam att to get free unlock code no wonder business's are going out all the time everyone looking to steal ****. i dont mind supporting somebody else whos trying to make a living. i knew all about trying to get it for free i just chose not too.
    05-19-09 03:32 PM
    hmm, let's see, waste a few min with at&t or waste money on an unlock code that can be gotten for free. I wonder what the smart thing is to do?
    Do what you want, but I think $3.88 for unlock code is worth not having to talk to an agent and pleading a fake story to get it. If you're worried about $3, then I'm sorry.
    05-19-09 03:33 PM
    I used rims software and did my Rogers phone for free after all in all for an hours work...... i am now finally FREE of that clinching man called rogers and i can sail across any GSM network without getting raped.
    05-19-09 03:36 PM
    Keep calling.
    Keep being polite.

I got a code 4 days ago on the first request. Its was amazingly easy/fast.

A 4 minute phonecall.
    They didn't mention anything about tagging on a roaming plan. I'll check my bill online for any changes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 03:58 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD