Has anyone tried the Smart Skin BlackBerry Bold Case by Case-Mate? Looks like a nice skin that protects the keyboard too.

I just ordered it in black but was wondering if anyone already has it.

Smart Skin Black Berry Bold Case - Case-mate
    12-22-08 04:44 AM
    I used the standard issue rubber skins that they sell in the AT&T retail stores. Probably should have shopped around first but I wanted to protect my BB right away. Hope it works out for you.
    12-22-08 05:54 AM
    I also have an inexpensive rubber skin case that I got from newegg.com with an order I placed a few weeks ago. Picked up a Blackberry skin (black) for $3.99. Not a bad deal when you consider that the AT&T store is selling the same cases in a 3-pack for $30.00.

I just liked the case-mate skin as it seems to offer more protection by the looks of it in the pictures they show on their website. We'll see...
    12-22-08 07:54 AM
    Has anyone tried the Smart Skin BlackBerry Bold Case by Case-Mate? Looks like a nice skin that protects the keyboard too.

I just ordered it in black but was wondering if anyone already has it.

Smart Skin Black Berry Bold Case - Case-mate
    Hmm, that skin looks pretty nice, how long is the shipping? Mind giving a short review once you get it? I might consider getting one
    12-22-08 12:26 PM
    Yeah that skin looks awesome! I wish I had a bold! *SIGH*
    12-22-08 12:31 PM
    Nice case, but no holes for my pod charger.
    12-22-08 01:49 PM
    Nice case, but no holes for my pod charger.
    You are correct that it appears that there are no cut outs for the charger contacts and the skin has to be renoved in order to rest the Bold in the charger. Hopefully it is not too difficult to remove. I just wanted to try something other than the generic skin and the leather pouch as I prefer to keep the device in my pocket rather than a holster.
    Once I get it I will post my thoughts on it.
    I have been pleased with some other case mate products in the past as there quality is usually pretty good.
    In addition, I ordered the device right before I started this post. Just received an email with a fedex tracking #. I did not request expedted shipping and only paid $3.00 for shipping.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 02:06 PM
    You are correct that it appears that there are no cut outs for the charger contacts and the skin has to be renoved in order to rest the Bold in the charger. Hopefully it is not too difficult to remove. I just wanted to try something other than the generic skin and the leather pouch as I prefer to keep the device in my pocket rather than a holster.
    Once I get it I will post my thoughts on it.
    I have been pleased with some other case mate products in the past as there quality is usually pretty good.
    In addition, I ordered the device right before I started this post. Just received an email with a fedex tracking #. I did not request expedted shipping and only paid $3.00 for shipping.

Agree. Ill be interested in how you like it.
    12-22-08 02:10 PM
    How long is the estimated shipping date? I might buy one today.
    12-22-08 02:41 PM
    How long is the estimated shipping date? I might buy one today.
    The tracking # sent to me shows that the package was picked up but does not show an estimated delivery date at this time. The system should update soon so hopefully I will no more then. The fact that I only paid $3.00 for shipping and the package already shipped impresses me. The case is shipping out of Georgia and I live on the east coast so there is a chance I receive it by Christmas. There were options for expedited shipping but I did not think it was worth spending the extra money as I already have two cases.

12-22-08 06:50 PM
    I see that link on eBay, just $14.99 and FREE SHIPPING

http: // cgi.ebay.com/BLACKBERRY-SMART-SKIN-FOR-BOLD-9000-BY-CASE-MATE-NEW_W0QQitemZ330296112507QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_Ac cessories?hash=item330296112507&_trksid=p3286.c0.m 14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3 A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
    12-22-08 09:27 PM
    Just ordered this one too

Looks good
    12-23-08 03:14 AM
    It looks as if the skin will be delivered sometime tomorrow as the fedex tracking information indicates. I still find it hard to believe that I ordered this skin on Monday morning before 6:00 am, paid $3.00 for shipping and will have it by Christmas.

Hope to post some good news soon about it.
    12-23-08 10:39 PM
    Wow thanks just what I was looking for. I have this case for my Curve 8310 and I simply love it.
    12-23-08 11:41 PM
    wow, the white version of it looks so good.
    12-24-08 02:42 AM
    Just got it about 30 minutes ago. It really fits nice as the keyboard overlay is right on. You can not leave the skin on and dock it in the charger stand as expected. The nice thing is the skin offers excellent coverage and comes with a screen protector. Even though I ordered the black one, I may order the white one too.
    One concern: the trackball is not as easy to use as the case causes it to be recessed a little. It is a minor complaint at this time but may just take me some time to accept the new feel of the skin. Other than that, I am pleased.
    Last edited by gaganchow; 12-24-08 at 12:05 PM.
    12-24-08 12:02 PM
    12-24-08 12:08 PM
    lol agreed
    12-24-08 12:21 PM
    Sorry about that. I will post some images later today. How do I include the images in my posting?

12-24-08 12:42 PM
    Sorry about that. I will post some images later today. How do I include the images in my posting?

i'm just messin around

host your pics on photobucket or you can just attach them in your message that you post
    12-24-08 01:01 PM
    i'm just messin around

host your pics on photobucket or you can just attach them in your message that you post
    As promised, here are some pictures of the skin on and off of the Bold.

I also included the package as well as the screen protector and the the privacy screen pro.

Sorry about the photo quality. As you can easily tell, I used the web cam on on my mac book as its showing the mirror image. I never claimed to be a good photographer but I'm sure you get the point.
    Last edited by gaganchow; 12-24-08 at 10:12 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    12-24-08 04:05 PM
    WOW..... That is the case I was looking for. Thanks for the info man. I'm getting it right now... I hope I can get use to the tracking ball minor issue...

Ariel
    12-24-08 04:29 PM
    WOW..... That is the case I was looking for. Thanks for the info man. I'm getting it right now... I hope I can get use to the tracking ball minor issue...

Ariel
    You can obviously still use the trackball, it just takes a little adjustment. In my opinion, I believe the design and overall value of the case is worth it.

One of the really nice features of this skin is the ability of it to allow the keyboard illumination to show through the skin. The key overlay quality is excellent. No problems typing whatsoever.
    Last edited by gaganchow; 12-24-08 at 05:39 PM.
    12-24-08 04:37 PM
    Alright thanks for the review man, I might purchase it today. So there's no problem typing with the skin on? Also, is it easy to take off? The previous Siedio case I had broke off when I attempted to take it off for a battery pull... (However, Crackberry is sending me a replacement, though I don't know what exactly I'm going to do with it...)
    12-24-08 06:45 PM
    now THAT'S funny!!! happy holidays.
    12-24-08 06:50 PM
461 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD