Like everyone else that got the bold from Rogers I got the belt clip holder for the bold. I'm looking for the pocket pouch that is similar to the one that came for the curve.

I like the one from shopblackberry .com the slim leather one but it does seem like a lot of money. Does anyone know a cheaper place to get one or an alternative?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 08:43 PM
    I doubt this is cheaper but I ordered the thin pocket case from Fortte Leather case for Blackberry Bold 9000,9100.

It hasn't arrived yet but Fortte has a good reputation so I'm sure it will be nice.
    09-24-08 08:51 PM
    It's a shame someone can't make one of these but with a lower section on one side to enable use of the volume and plug in of headsets when the phone is in the pouch.
    09-25-08 03:33 AM
    This is the one I got, the one from RIM

Fit's nice in the jeans pocket.

But the other one shown, higher up in the thread, I've eyeballed as well. Covers the phone top to bottom, maybe better if it get's a drop to the head. Though question is; does it have the proximity sensor sleeper hold mechanism in the case?

When I go belt pouch, I'm fixing to get this one the Dark brown.
    Leather Horizontal Holster

I don't know if I'm diggin this one... the one that's shipping with many of the Bolds:
    Leather Swivel Holster
    09-25-08 04:06 AM
    I got this case delivered today.
    09-25-08 07:18 AM
    Ya PVT that is the one that I was looking at. I do really like the sleep functionality of that case as well. Too bad the shipping is soo much. I might as well just buck up and get it.

And everyone don't forget to google for a 15% coupon code to use with your purchase.
    09-25-08 07:47 AM
    This is the one I got, the one from RIM
    Thats the type we seem to get in box in UK, its OK & slim enough, couple of things it don't like is it doesn't protect the top centre of the screen or part of the camera at the back, also when you pull the phone out you have to grip the screen & camera which I can't be good over time.

The first case posted by JoeyDee looks good a it protects the full phone & you can grip phone from the side to take it out.
    09-25-08 09:36 AM
    Yeah the UK bolds are shipping with that case. I think it's OK and I'm gonna stick with it. Only thibk is you as GSCOT said grip the screen everytime you pull it out also I keep catching the right shift key when I put it in the holster, BUT I havent seen anything I like better yet
    09-25-08 10:14 AM
    Thats the type we seem to get in box in UK, its OK & slim enough, couple of things it don't like is it doesn't protect the top centre of the screen or part of the camera at the back, also when you pull the phone out you have to grip the screen & camera which I can't be good over time.
    Well, only the flash for the camera is exposed (the actual camera is completely covered by the case). The cutout is important if you want to see the LED status for email.

I've had other RIM slip cases in the past... once the leather softens up, it's pretty effortless to insert/remove the BB from the case. I always enjoyed them because they were easy to slide out halfway, scan a message and delete a message without having to completely remove it from the case.

Mine literally just arrived 10 min ago, so we'll see how it goes through the day.
    09-25-08 10:21 AM
    Yes you are right it is good you can see the led light & yes its also good you can take out half way to read message, done that myself many a time.

They could have made the same slip case with just the top corners cut away in a slight curve so you could see the led light but also grab it from the sides rather than the screen, abit liek JoeyDee's case above.....like you said though the case will soften over time & be easier to take phone out.
    09-25-08 11:04 AM
    I keep catching the right shift key when I put it in the holster, BUT I havent seen anything I like better yet
    The salesman told me about that when i got my Bold, he said to squeeze the sides at the top of the case slightly from its oval shape to almost a rectangle (if you follow me) & the bold slips in without catching on the keys.
    09-25-08 11:09 AM

The first case posted by JoeyDee looks good a it protects the full phone & you can grip phone from the side to take it out.
    Yes you are right it is good you can see the led light & yes its also good you can take out half way to read message, done that myself many a time.

They could have made the same slip case with just the top corners cut away in a slight curve so you could see the led light but also grab it from the sides rather than the screen, abit liek JoeyDee's case above.....like you said though the case will soften over time & be easier to take phone out.

Good points, that you can see the LED and pull it half out to see the messages. I have the RIM slim case as I posted earlier, like it, but don't like grabbing it front and back to pull it out and also find the top of the device gets a bit pocket linty. But hey, how many cases am I gonna get, one for every day of the week... Maybe

I also like the one JoeyDee posted, and now I see that it does have the proximity sensor sleeper hold mechanism in the case? It reads:

Dedicated for the Blackberry Bold 9000,9100

This case does not come with a belt clip option

Magnet for automatic shut-down

Premium Full Grain Leather

Fortte offers you our latest case for the Blackberry Bold 9000,9100. This new design allows easy access to your Blackberry and as always maintaining the same quality our customers expect. This case offers your PDA the protection you need while allowing it to be thin enough to fit into your pocket or purse

Hmmm what to do, I'm seriously thinking about getting the JoeyDee case...
    09-26-08 02:51 AM
    Hey i just got the case from shopblackberry.com. I personally really like it. My only grip about it is the stiffness of the case for removing it. But it definately fits my needs
    09-29-08 11:22 AM
    I rather liked the look of the slim Fortte case which Joey posted above also, and have just been having an on-line chat with them!

The case itself is $29.99 and there is currently a 30% off discount coupon on their website, which makes it sounds quite attractive.

However, they then want $32.50 to ship to the UK, although this would cover up to seven cases!

Anyone interested in a bulk order?
    09-29-08 12:01 PM
    Id be interested in the slim case if theres going to be a bulk purchase!
    09-29-08 02:55 PM
    This is my first post on these forums but I'd also be interested in one of those cases. Do we have enough people interested yet?
    Just got my bold a few days ago and although the case that comes with it is great I dont like grabbing the sceen to get it out either.
    10-04-08 11:42 AM
    I am also in for a bulk purchase
    10-04-08 12:25 PM
    I think we have at least at four now, so another couple more would bring the postage down to about $5 each... plus UK onward postage.

I would be happy to order six (say), and then post them on, upon receipt.

Not sure how we would sort out payment though... aren't there going to be some charges involved if we use somethng like PayPal?
    10-04-08 05:18 PM
    How much would it be in sterling terms (case, shipping & UK postage)?
    10-04-08 06:01 PM
    im in if theres a bulk
    10-05-08 03:27 AM
    Yeah there would be some charges if we all paid the orderer via paypal but I for one would be happy to do a bank transfer or send a cheque if we can get it organised.

10-05-08 06:05 AM
    Right... if I were to order seven cases of the type as shown in post #3, and take advantage of their current 30% discount offer, I calculate that the cost per case would be �14.53. (Using Expedia exchange rates.)

If I then add �3.97 for a jiffy bag and onward UK shiping, that makes it about �19.50 per case. I haven't obviously gone right to the end of the payment screens yet, but I have had the general details confirmed in an on-line chat.

I would be happy to take payment by bank transfer, or a cheque from new members.

How does that sound?
    10-05-08 08:22 AM
    Sounds good to me Montala and thanks for offering to sort it all out. Let me know how you'd like to proceed with payment if we get some other guys on board.
    10-05-08 12:03 PM
    Is this thread still alive?

10-08-08 02:52 AM
    i have the oem one and i've never used it...
    10-08-08 03:39 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD