I was browsing the App store and found the Sky Mobile App. I have downloaded and installed but am having some issues with it. Has anyone else used it or installed it? It seems to run okay but I can't get the planner to display (server issues). Also it looks like I will have to pay extra for mobile TV even though I am a Sky customer (Vodafone have mobile TV as a subscription service!) Any help would be welcome.
    05-14-09 02:09 AM
    Doesnt even connect for me

I see it turns off BB services when its trying to run, then complains that there is insufficient network coverage !? I'm in a full 3G area!
    I have the apn/user/pass set for direct tcp and it still fails..
    Tho, why I'm suprised that an app from sky doesnt run, i dont know..
    05-14-09 03:50 AM
    where abouts did you find the sky mobile app in the app world? can't find it on the search or browsing :S
    05-14-09 05:24 AM
    It's in the entertainment section (just checked and it's still there).
    05-14-09 05:51 AM
    thanks. really weird, it's not there for me. Says i have a total of 53 apps in the entertainment section and sky is not listed there.
    05-14-09 06:00 AM
    54 apps listed in entertainment for me, sky mobile must be that extra one. Don't know why though??
    05-14-09 06:16 AM
    haha, just my luck. hope it's not network dependant
    Last edited by will1881; 05-14-09 at 06:30 AM.
    05-14-09 06:25 AM
    I guess its a vendor thing. Perhaps theyre just trialing with Vodafone users first..
    05-14-09 06:26 AM
    I was about to start a thread on this, good thing I searched first. I can't get videos to run for the same problem as stated above (I'm on a storm though) but the rest of the app (news feeds etc) are working fine.
    05-14-09 06:34 AM
    News feeds okay for me too. Really wanted to be able to use the planner and remote record though and I keep getting this server error!
    05-14-09 06:48 AM
    It appears to be working here now. The planner seems to work too. Have sucessfully set some programs to record anyway...
    05-14-09 06:58 AM
    Planner now seems to be working for me too. Maybe it was an issue their end that they have now fixed? Have set a programme to record at home from work so will see if it is on the Sky+ box when I get home.
    05-14-09 07:49 AM
    I was about to start a thread on this, good thing I searched first. I can't get videos to run for the same problem as stated above (I'm on a storm though) but the rest of the app (news feeds etc) are working fine.
    you still on Orange? dunno why i don't get Sky Mobile to come up in App World. i want it!
    05-14-09 08:20 AM
    I am on O2 and I can't see the sky app in app world either!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 08:23 AM
    Once in the planner the following shortcut keys work: E - page up, X - page down, F - forward 24 hours, S - back 24 hours.
    05-14-09 10:03 AM
    you still on Orange? dunno why i don't get Sky Mobile to come up in App World. i want it!
    yeah im on orange, had my storm unlocked.

It was listed in Entertainment for me, like said earlier on
    05-14-09 11:27 AM
    Not appearing for me, my bold is locked to orange.

Anyone able to post a link to download or host an ota?

05-14-09 02:56 PM
    my bold is also unlocked on orange..dammit, i want my sky :'(
    05-14-09 03:36 PM
    been out of the crackberry world for a few months

where is this appstore?

Has there been any movement on getting mobile TV on the Bold - I tried that with orange back in september (sky sports package) but they said it wasnt supported....
    05-14-09 05:15 PM
    Could anyone kindly post a link to download this? Not sure if it can even be done cause its stuck in app world.

To get app world, go to blackberry home site on ur phone

05-15-09 03:25 AM
    Wow,

tried to get sky mobile tv today and yes, ive got it! originally tried and spent 2 hours on the phone with orange back in aug/sept only to be told it wasnt possible. will trial this for a few months to see how much i use it!!!!
    05-15-09 04:08 AM
    A S are they charging you for the service? Vodafone do the first three months free and then it is �5 per month. I'm not happy about this as I am a Sky subscriber and I'm supposed to be able to get Sky by mobile for free as part of the subscription. However, it's not available for my phone. Funny how it is available if I pay Vodafone.
    05-15-09 04:15 AM
    I meant to ask that question....

I am paying �5 a month as far as i am aware, however... i did get asked the question "are you a sky subscriber" and i clicked yes.... but as far as i am aware i am still paying �5 as i didnt have to enter my details from home to confirm my sky subscription...

Am I meant to get this service free if i am a subscriber?
    05-15-09 05:22 AM
    Check the Sky website for Sky by mobile and there is a free service. However when I try to sign up it says that my phone is not supported (could be different software from the App World app). The Vodafone service is a subscription service at �5 a month and I think it uses a different method of delivering content and hence they can justify charging. I read on their website that 50% goes to Vodafone and 50% goes to Sky. I think it is a bit of a cheek to be expected to pay Sky again for a service I should be able to get as part of my Sky subscription!
    05-15-09 05:53 AM
    I know what you mean... just like freeview eurosport and setanta - you still have to pay even if its part of your sky package! I will do some investigation this evening!

Image quality isnt great (but what can you expect) and it buffers a bit (but that maybe my signal strength at work) but it seems pretty usefull!

Is there a BBC version?
    05-15-09 06:38 AM
138 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD