Hello -

I love my silicone skin that I get from Seidio. But now I really want a cradle/charging station for my Bold.

Is there any combo that will allow me to use a skin AND a cradle, or is it either or!!

thanks, Dave
    05-17-09 08:37 AM
    Dave,

I think a skin would be right for you. I would suggest using one from Phantom Skinz. Check it out below:

Phantom Skinz - Clear Protection Film for Blackberry Bold
    05-17-09 09:16 AM
    Try the Case Mate Smart Skin or the OEM Skin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 09:22 AM
    Thanks for the replied. I guess I just learned the difference between a skin and a case! I have a tight fitting silicone case rather than a skin, and I like that because I'm more concerned with drops/impact than I am about scratches.

That case mate Smark skin looks kind of like the case that i have - but would it work with a cradle? That would be great.
    05-17-09 09:32 AM
    I have the Case Mate Smart Case, and NO it will not work in the cradle.
    05-17-09 09:37 AM
    I don't really NEED the cradle, but I love the idea of the thing automatically syncing quite a bit and I'm worried that the little usb port will eventually break.
    05-17-09 09:41 AM
    I dont think there is a case that will work with the cradle without you having to take it out the case. In that way the skin cases are easier to take out but also have less protection.
    05-17-09 09:43 AM
    I don't really NEED the cradle, but I love the idea of the thing automatically syncing quite a bit and I'm worried that the little usb port will eventually break.
    Blackberry cradles do not make a data connection on the bottom of the phone. They only contact the charging pads on the sides of the Bold. There are combo USB/chargingpods, but the USB connection is made with a standard USB connector on a short coil. In other words, I don't think the feature that you desire exists in a cradle option.

I love a cradle because you just put your phone down and it starts charging; no need to fiddle with a cable.
    05-17-09 10:11 AM
    I use a bse screen protector and a rubber "case". I've always liked the idea of a charging pod but never got one because the phone won't fit into it with the case on. I, too, am more concerned with drops and protecting the exterior of the phone. But I just ordered a charging pod from amazon. I fool around with my Bold so much that I figure taking off the case at night to put it in the pod and putting the case back on in the morning is not a big deal at all. Besides, it'll give the Bold a chance to "breathe" overnight. : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by skyjackal; 05-17-09 at 10:28 AM.
    05-17-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD