How do you really connect you blackberry handheld with Blackberry Desktop Manager???

It used to work but it is not. With Blackberry Device Manager and Blackberry Desktop Manager running. Usually when i plug the USB, the screen in Blackberry bold showing that is connecting with it animation.

Now it is only ask if you want to turn on Mass Storage Mode. It has no problem connecting to your music picture etc. but not with the desktop manager. I can't upgrade / backup if i cannot connect them to the Desktop Manager.

Anyone have this problem? or know how to fix this.

Thank you

Note: I have also try removing the batere as http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/pro...desktop-74323/ suggested but it still not working
    Last edited by vaul; 10-24-08 at 10:46 PM. Reason: update
    10-24-08 10:36 PM
    I'm no expert, but what version of dm are you running? Vista asked me the first time if I wanted to turn on mass storage and I think I just cancelled out of it the first time I hooked my bold up to the computer. If you're running dm 4.6, generally you get the little "connected PIN: XXXXXXX" in the bottom left corner.

The last time I had a dm problem was with my 8700, which gave me a 523 error (gah) and crashed my OS. I called Rogers bb support and they fixed me right up. I suppose you could call tech support for some help.

Just my two cents. I generally just play with things until I fix them, make them worse, or it breaks. LOL!
    10-24-08 11:51 PM
    I am using the latest version. It is 4.6. All Bold ship with 4.6.

I am now trying to reinstall. Hope it work.

I am in Indonesia and I bought mine overseas with no carrier logo. So I assume the store get it from RIM directly.

It just used to work. I have even upgrade mine to 162 and it work fine until today. Suddenly with no reason it doesn't want to connect.
    10-25-08 12:14 AM
    this is my very first post, but i would like to say that i am having the very same problem with my bold that it will not connect to desktop manager, at first it showed new hardware but would not connect. i have reinstalled software on cd but still will not conect. My wife as a 8310 curve at that connects no problem.
    10-25-08 06:32 AM
    Did anyone figure out how to fix this problem? Did you guys end up getting a replacement? I'm having the same issue with my Bold, I'm getting an unrecognized device notice.

Regards,

Stephen P.
    11-05-08 12:10 PM
    On attaching the BB 9000 to the sync cable, it immediately goes into Mass Storage device and asks for the password to be keyed on the handheld. I do that, and it goes to the Windows file option (what do you want to do with this connected device) - select "take no action" and then - finally get to the Desktop Manager. Very annoying, Blackberry and Desktop Manager all running latest versions of OS. This is my 5th BB and never had this happen before.
    11-11-08 04:33 PM
    yeah that wasnt it... i did find the problem however... my device was "disabled" according to the Device Manager of my COMPUTER... I right clicked on "Blackberry Smartphone" then clicked on Properties and saw that it was disabled... it told me to click Next to enable it... and now it works... maybe this helps somebody... if not this article was really helpful... My Computer Does Not Detect or Recognize My BlackBerry (USB Problems)� Help for BlackBerry Pearl, Curve, Bold, and Storm
    03-11-09 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD