Thank you to everyone who has signed the petition requesting RIM to relaunch the Bold in its original 'full size' version. This petition has now been forwarded to the RIM CEO Mr. Mike Lazaridis

Request to Blackberry to launch a larger sized Bold - PetitionBuzz

We received nearly 500 signatures, which probably reflects just a tiny percentage of the consumers out there who would like a bigger Bold, but would never visit forums such as these.

Let's hope that RIM responds positively to our petition. Given the increased competition from larger phones (and the iPhone) there is a good chance they may rethink their 'smaller is better' philosophy - particularly for the corporate market where a larger keyboard (ie 9000 sized) would give them a competitive advantage.

RIM is a great company and pioneered the smartphone market - and a new larger-sized 'flagship' product could help them stay on top.

In the meantime, you will be updated with any responses received from RIM.

Its still not too late to add your name to the petition if you haven't already done so.

PS. Bold 9700 & 9780 owners, please dont take offense at this initiative. We fully respect your choice of phone, we would just prefer something a bit larger.
    11-07-10 10:38 PM
    Thanks for doing this. I signed the petition, however I feel a little like a hopeless case in doing so. I figure the old B$ of "smaller is better" in electronics is still on the rise in most corporate environments. If only somebody like RIM would in fact listen to a few hundred of us.

On a slight tangent, my wife just got a 9800. Great phone and pretty sweet OS so far. I like the touch screen and the heaviness of the device, just wish it was bigger. Heck, she even said she would like a 9000 size phone with touch screen with the smallish screen like the 9000 has. I thought that was interesting. I could go for that too.

Again, thanks for doing this, I'll hope and pray RIM listens.
    11-08-10 02:09 PM
    hey anychance of removing the black plastic side buttons for the tastier metal items as used on the bold 9000 already. Heck they could even just make the same thing but with a larger internal memory to easily cope with the newer web browser kit etc. Just a thought?
    11-08-10 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD