Ever since 4.6.0.134 was leaked people had mixed reactions to it. I think it might be optimized for some areas. Since it is AT&T's test OS to correct network issues with 3G dropping to lesser 2G signal.

So this thread is for everyone who has tried out the new OS. I'd like to get some information and have everything clearly stated in a certain format if everybodys willing to help out. Some praise .134 as a blessing while others say its a step in the wrong direction. Its odd to me that this is happening so I'd like to find out why. So here is the format that will keep this very clear.

Carrier: (Rogers, Orange, O2, Fido, AT&T, etc.)
    Unlocked or Locked: (If Rogers or Movistar, etc not necessary)
    OS Upgrading from: Previous os installed on device before upgrade
    3G Comments: Does your 3G work better or worse (i.e. is it faster or not)
    WiFi Comments: Does your wifi work better than your previous OS.
    Memory Issues: Is your blackberry having memory issues [leaks] or is your memory managed better on the new OS
    Other Additional Comments: Anything else, bugs, pros, cons that you may be experiencing on the new OS versus the old one.
    Final Conclusion: Are you sticking with it, is .134 a step in the right direction? Or are you grabbing the old OS back from your carrier asap?

Please take the time to follow the format and I will keep a running record on this page of everyones reactions and try to figure out why some people are having problems with it.

Edit:
    If you would like to participate in this study

Visit this link for the OS
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bol...-leaked-66486/

This for the instructions for upgrading your OS (or downgrading if you don't like it)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

Thanks,
    Jackal
    Last edited by Jackal; 09-01-08 at 09:13 PM.
    09-01-08 09:09 PM
    Carrier: MTN South Africa
    Unlocked: CSL HK (bought unlocked)
    OS Upgrading from: .126 to .134
    3G Comments: kept 3G connection, although there was no BB logo next to 3G and i only received emails when changing network to 2G. When i attempted to send service books via BIS or register device via host routing table, nothing received.
    WiFi comments: NA
    Memory Issues: None
    Other additional comments: None
    Final Conclusion: Moved back to .126
    09-02-08 05:14 AM
    Hi all

Carrier Orange UK
    3G Was flaky on original v4.6.0.92 with not holding 3G signal and took time to reacquire 3G when it was lost. This improved when i upgraded to v4.6.0.126 and had stable 3G signal as i have selected 3G only as i always do with all my devices. Now on v4.6.0.134 am seeing 4-5 bars signal strength where as before in the same location was getting just 2-3.
    WiFi No problems now but never have had any on any of the firmwares.
    Memory Issues None but am seeing 10mb approx more Ram with this firmware at around 32mb.
    Other additional comments This is my first Blackberry and i am really happy with it, it has exceeded my expectations in all area's.
    Final conclusion Staying with .134 and can't wait to see what the next firmware improves as i said above very happy with my Bold.

Marc
    09-02-08 06:09 AM
    This is odd that a firmware doesn't support all devices equally. Thanks for your input, that already shoots down my theory it was gonna work better on unlocked devices but we shall see as more people add their thoughts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 07:09 AM
    Hi all

Carrier Orange UK
    3G Was flaky on original v4.6.0.92 with not holding 3G signal and took time to reacquire 3G when it was lost. This improved when i upgraded to v4.6.0.126 and had stable 3G signal as i have selected 3G only as i always do with all my devices. Now on v4.6.0.134 am seeing 4-5 bars signal strength where as before in the same location was getting just 2-3.
    WiFi No problems now but never have had any on any of the firmwares.
    Memory Issues None but am seeing 10mb approx more Ram with this firmware at around 32mb.
    Other additional comments This is my first Blackberry and i am really happy with it, it has exceeded my expectations in all area's.
    Final conclusion Staying with .134 and can't wait to see what the next firmware improves as i said above very happy with my Bold.

Marc
    EXACTLY same as dogmann, except it's my second blackberry, everything else identical right down to the ram available which now sits around 32mb, very happy with the bold and this OS
    09-02-08 07:12 AM
    Still switches to the EDGE some times still... a little faster - still needs improvement....browser still sucking and always requesting scripts and loading. I compare it to the iphone which seems to be at least twice as fast for web surfing. Otherwise I love my bold

Rogers
    09-02-08 11:47 AM
    Carrier: Rogers
    Unlocked or Locked: Rogers -unlocked by code
    OS Upgrading from: .125
    3G Comments: Same as before - no complaints
    WiFi Comments: no noticeable difference. Works fine on both.
    Memory Issues: about the same, starts at about 40 MB free, goes to 25 MB free and levels out there
    Other Additional Comments: Browser is faster loading pages; Call volume slightly lower as is the media playback. Was hoping quaility would improve for video recording and playback and there is no difference.
    Final Conclusion: will test for another couple days before deciding whether to keep it as one day is not enough to determine if there are battery drain issues.
    09-02-08 01:00 PM
    EXACTLY same as dogmann, except it's my second blackberry, everything else identical right down to the ram available which now sits around 32mb, very happy with the bold and this OS
    Same here, no issues. (I live and work in a strong 3g area)
    09-02-08 02:09 PM
    Same as bodisaffa and g00n3r... .126 was better, .134 best so far. I trimmed some fat on upgrade and got 54mb free though.
    09-02-08 02:30 PM
    Everything is better, but no langrage support, so I drop it .
    09-02-08 08:11 PM
    Ifomax

There is language support.
    09-03-08 06:25 AM
    Sorry, I should say there is no language support for EastAsia group. I did not see any, but if you find a ROM with EastAsia langguage support, please let me know, Many thanks.
    09-03-08 07:06 AM
    Unlocked or Locked: Locked
    OS Upgrading from: .125
    3G Comments: No 3G Coverage in my area...
    WiFi Comments: Possibly faster now.
    Memory Issues: No issues yet...
    Other Additional Comments: No bugs yet...
    Final Conclusion: Keeping .134 unless I run into any major problems... at least until a new OS comes out
    09-03-08 07:12 AM
    Unlocked or Locked: Locked
    OS Upgrading from: .126
    3G Comments: 3G works most of the time. There are times I need to restart the browser because it just keeps saying requesting. Javascript is disabled on both HotSpot and Internet Browser.
    WiFi Comments: Total CRAP. Constantly drops the wireless signal even though I'm within 20 feet of a 802.11g access point.
    Memory Issues: Not as bad as .126, start off with 40MB free, levels off at 16-20 MB. I have to do a battery pull daily.
    Other Additional Comments: This is not a good OS. It's better than .125, and .126, but for a phone this expensive, I find this unacceptable. I can't believe RIM can't fix this OS.
    Final Conclusion: Yes, no other choice as it is the best choice from a poor selection.
    09-03-08 07:16 AM
    Carrier: FIDO
    Unlocked or Locked: unlocked
    OS Upgrading from: .126
    3G Comments: Very stable in Montreal, New York, Washington, Halifax, Ottawa

WiFi Comments: Seems faster and very stable
    Memory Issues: No issues yet...
    Other Additional Comments: No bugs yet...
    Final Conclusion: Keeping .134 unless I run into any major problems
    09-03-08 07:35 AM
    With 126 I never had problems with 3G however with 134 the 3G would fluctuate very much from 3G to edge. This was tested in Halifax, Ottawa, Montreal, New York and Washington.

I will be downgrading back to 9000EastAsia_PBr4.6.0_rel243_PL4.0.0.135_A4.6.0.12 6_Hutchison
    09-04-08 03:15 AM
    where can i download BLACKBERRY BOLD - OS v4.6.0.134
    09-04-08 03:16 AM
    Direct links to unofficial updates are not allowed on the forum, however some have found this link very informative

BlackBerry Bold OS 4.6.0.134 Found Online | BerryReview.com �
    09-04-08 04:00 AM
    Bought SIM free from CPW
    Carrier 02 UK

Came with 0.94 version.
    Calls lost, phone kept dropping radio, mem leak from 21mb - 8mb etc etc ec

upgraded directly to .134

Google maps - Working
    BB maps - Working
    All 3rd party apps working

Mem increased to 35.1mb still have mem leak but not as bad as 0.94

still too early to tell, so will revert after a couple of days.
    09-04-08 04:56 AM
    Bought SIM free from CPW
    Carrier 02 UK

Came with 0.94 version.
    Calls lost, phone kept dropping radio, mem leak from 21mb - 8mb etc etc ec

upgraded directly to .134

Google maps - Working
    BB maps - Working
    All 3rd party apps working

Mem increased to 35.1mb still have mem leak but not as bad as 0.94

still too early to tell, so will revert after a couple of days.
    Another .134 sucess!!!, still a few issues , I think there will be one more OS after this
    09-04-08 05:01 AM
    I've recently heard that OS .143 is just around the corner... apparently is is the most stable yet in ATT's testing.

Should be soon!
    09-04-08 06:30 AM
    I have tried it in ATT environment and I agree it is stable however the fluctuating 3G is quite irritable when it does move to EDGE. It will pick up the 3G signal after about 30 to 45 seconds. To me the most stable is 126. I image when it is officially released it will be top rated and that is when I will move back to it.
    09-04-08 06:35 AM
    Ok after 5 hours use for:

emails, SMS, web tests, BBM messages etc etc....

O2 Carrier UK

Mem stable @ between 33.5 - 31MB

Time to load Crackberry.com from cache cleared & mem cleaned handset:

3g signal - 183k data and 165 images - 40secs

Wifi - excellent sig 180k data and 165 images 42 secs

Batter after 5 hours constant use 65%

have noticed that BBM messages are not as instantaneous as before sometimes a 30 sec delay before sending.

Screen is set to 100% brightness and NO autodim.

Total call time during this period 1hr.27 mins
    Total SMS sent - 19

10 mins on BBM

Overall not too bad me thinks!!!!!
    09-04-08 10:52 AM
    Wow 100% brightness no auto dim and constant use still at 65% that's redik!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 12:00 PM
    Pleased to hear we have another satisfied O2 customer... and one with BB maps working as well.

Welcome to CB 'olazz'!
    09-04-08 12:02 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD