Props to tellsells for finding an official release of 5.0.0.681, truly (IMHO) the best version of 5.0 for the 9000 yet.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...4E92D025A75D1F

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1137 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1137
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 5.0.0.681
    * Software Platform: 5.2.0.64
    * File name: 9000EastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1137_PL5.2.0.64_A5.0.0.68 1_Optus_Mobile_Pty_Limited.exe
    * File size: 115.42MB

===============================

I recommend upgrading as follows:

1. Download the OS and install it on your PC. (Make sure you have already removed -- via Remove/Add Programs in Control Panel -- any older OS you have installed on your PC.)

2. Delete the file vendor.xml (it's in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\)

3. Connect your Bold to your PC and run App Loader (you'll find it in the same place where you found vendor.xml: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe).

4. Follow the prompts, making sure the default of having App Loader back up and restore your data and apps is selected.

================================
    Last edited by JasW; 05-25-10 at 05:51 AM.
    05-21-10 09:37 PM
    Just wondering if there is any difference between the "official" version of OS 5.0.0.681 and the "leaked" version.
    05-21-10 11:21 PM
    It's an East Asian language version instead of a Multilanguage version, which for English speakers just means it's a little smaller (all BB OS versions support English).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 11:35 PM
    It's an East Asian language version instead of a Multilanguage version, which for English speakers just means it's a little smaller (all BB OS versions support English).

So there is no difference if the only language installed is "English US"?
    05-21-10 11:52 PM
    I have read on 1 or 2 forums about the Blackberry Messenger not working on this build, can't remember if it was the leaked version or this one. Can anyone confirm this? I use BBM alot to talk to friends all over and need BBM to work.

In the forum that I read, that stated it didn't work, someone said it works for the beta version of BBM that people have been testing but not the normal one that is in Blackberry App World.
    05-22-10 12:37 AM
    I have read on 1 or 2 forums about the Blackberry Messenger not working on this build, can't remember if it was the leaked version or this one. Can anyone confirm this? I use BBM alot to talk to friends all over and need BBM to work.

In the forum that I read, that stated it didn't work, someone said it works for the beta version of BBM that people have been testing but not the normal one that is in Blackberry App World.
    There is no difference between this "official" version and the leaked one, save for the languages. The same version of BBM (5.0.0) is included in both, and there have been no reports at all of it (or BBM 5.0.57 available from App World or the BB web site) not working on .681. It certainly would have been reported in the .681 thread in the Beta OS forum here.
    05-22-10 07:11 AM
    Oh the fight about differences between Official and Beta will always be fought and proven by so many.

ALWAYS go with official as there maybe some tweaks done to help stabilize it where the BETA would not have such a tweak.
    05-22-10 09:03 AM
    Oh the fight about differences between Official and Beta will always be fought and proven by so many.

ALWAYS go with official as there maybe some tweaks done to help stabilize it where the BETA would not have such a tweak.
    If RIM did "tweak" a particular OS it released in order to address something, I'm pretty sure the version number of the release would be changed as well.

05-22-10 12:46 PM
    been 2 hours or so since i upgraded from the azercell .592 and the memory was 24 mb after installation..now its 14..... memory leak FAIL???
    05-22-10 01:26 PM
    been 2 hours or so since i upgraded from the azercell .592 and the memory was 24 mb after installation..now its 14..... memory leak FAIL???
    Do a true battery pull. The memory is very stable with this OS and it takes a day or two to settle in.
    05-22-10 01:34 PM
    I love 681...I finally upgraded from .411 (sweden) because the side key board lock is back!
    05-22-10 02:59 PM
    I'm having a problem uploading 681. I delete the vendor file, then I plug up and start app loader. But all its doing is showing me my list of apps?? It loads all the apps but no updated OS? Am I doing something wrong?

05-22-10 03:04 PM
    I upgraded to this version and there is no difference from .592 that i can see or notice, basically another WASTE of ppls time.

Battery Life and Memory is the same as .592 as for Official and Beta, certain carriers can ask for the OS to be tweaked to what they require.

We have proven many many times in this forum that the leaked Beta .592 and many other LEAKS were harsher then the Officials of the same OS.

Run Official, we have also seen Official versions were brutal compared from carrier to carrier release, like BELL vs Rogers officials. The Rogers version kick arse over the Bell ..... so there has to be something different.

We have seen and proved that east asian versions of certain OS'es were faster and better over all then of the same OS released in north america.

SO it all boils down to testing it our yourselves and see what you like best.

Again for me this .681 is no different then .592 and that being said .592 ROCKED.
    Last edited by xamdam; 05-22-10 at 04:23 PM.
    05-22-10 04:19 PM
    I'm having a problem uploading 681. I delete the vendor file, then I plug up and start app loader. But all its doing is showing me my list of apps?? It loads all the apps but no updated OS? Am I doing something wrong?

Sounds like you still have the older OS on your PC. You should delete it via Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, then reinstall .681 and rune App Loader.

05-22-10 04:42 PM
    I upgraded to this version and {snip}
    OK, OK, you're right, guv.

05-22-10 04:45 PM
    OK, OK, you're right, guv.

Lol ....... umm yeah i am right that this version and .592 is no difference, please quote me right.

Also about the rest of what i stated in the snipped quote you made from my extensive researched post..

.592 is a awesome OS and .681 is just another number of another OS that adds to the awesome list = if you have .592 your missing nothing from upgrading, but of course same awesomeness as previously.

Thks for the find by the way to who it was that found it.
    05-22-10 04:56 PM
    Any mirror link to download ?
    05-22-10 06:40 PM
    been using .681 for a week now and it's right on the money, fast and no problems. Best yet.
    05-22-10 06:42 PM
    anyone have any issues with the browser freezing up after a few days of uptime and using javascript? With pervious builds, I've found that when the app memory dropps down to 0 the browser locks everything up.

Recently I've been using BOLT, which doesn't have this issue. My app memory can be on 0 for days and things will still be speedy.

EDIT: Some clarification... I have no updated to .681 yet.
    05-22-10 07:40 PM
    anyone have any issues with the browser freezing up after a few days of uptime and using javascript? With pervious builds, I've found that when the app memory dropps down to 0 the browser locks everything up.

Recently I've been using BOLT, which doesn't have this issue. My app memory can be on 0 for days and things will still be speedy.

EDIT: Some clarification... I have no updated to .681 yet.
    Not sure why you posted in this thread if you have not updated but if your memory is dropping to 0 mb then you are either running too many apps or not closing them out properly.
    05-22-10 07:55 PM
    Lol ....... umm yeah i am right that this version and .592 is no difference, please quote me right.

Also about the rest of what i stated in the snipped quote you made from my extensive researched post..

.592 is a awesome OS and .681 is just another number of another OS that adds to the awesome list = if you have .592 your missing nothing from upgrading, but of course same awesomeness as previously.

Thks for the find by the way to who it was that found it.
    Well, I'm not the only one who has found that .681 Is unequivocally superior to .592 (and .610) in terms of battery life. And memory management, for that matter. Perhaps you need to give it a go for a bit longer.

05-22-10 08:44 PM
    Can someone plzzzzz help me download the 5.0 software for my device. I need easy 1...2...3... Instructions!!!! I can't get it download!!!! please help!!!! Thank u!
    05-22-10 09:12 PM
    Can someone plzzzzz help me download the 5.0 software for my device. I need easy 1...2...3... Instructions!!!! I can't get it download!!!! please help!!!! Thank u!
    1) Download the software from the link, at the start of this post, and save it on your computer.

2) backup your data and third party apps. The Link here for backing third party apps is:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/

3) download amd install crackmem latest version 3.4 http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/ there is a picture of the program on that page to show you what can be removed and so forth.

4) Now install the software on your computer by double clicking the icon.

5)Now delete the vendor.xml file located here:

c:\program files (86)\common files\research in motion\apploader

Or

Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

6. Check off the OS in the left side of crackmem

7. Click on Wipe Device, which a box will pop up asking you to BrickMyPhone and type it exactly like that.

8. After installation is complete, restore all your data using the BB desktop.

9. Finall restore all your 3rd party application. Instructions are at the bottom of the link explaining how you back up your 3rd part applications.

Hope this helps you.
    Last edited by bbuser19741; 05-22-10 at 10:56 PM.
    05-22-10 10:51 PM
    Not sure why you posted in this thread if you have not updated but if your memory is dropping to 0 mb then you are either running too many apps or not closing them out properly.
    I posted here because I want to know if it would be a waste of my time to update. I start out with 20 mb free, so its not the number of apps I'm running. I close all my apps when I'm done with them (except my instant messenger [Beejive]), and even when I close that it still happens. The only reasonable explanation I can think of is that things go screwy when the browser tries to start a garbage collection.
    05-23-10 12:35 AM
    I posted here because I want to know if it would be a waste of my time to update. I start out with 20 mb free, so its not the number of apps I'm running. I close all my apps when I'm done with them (except my instant messenger [Beejive]), and even when I close that it still happens. The only reasonable explanation I can think of is that things go screwy when the browser tries to start a garbage collection.
    Of that 20mb, what is left after using the phone for a few hours?
    05-23-10 06:31 AM
341 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD