Jay not to be a ***** but all that has been discussed within this thread
    Yah, it's all here. A lot of members took the time to post up trial and errors to answer your questions and others.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 03:40 PM
    downloading.

*nervous*
    07-06-09 06:39 PM
    Ok, it's not giving me the option to upgrade.
    07-06-09 06:54 PM
    Hey, just got my Bold a few days ago and upgraded to this OS... quick question.. does anyone know if there's a way to remove some of the demo programs like Pac-Man, Scrabble, etc?

None of these programs show up when I go into Desktop Manager...

Thanks in advance..
    07-06-09 07:27 PM
    This is AT&T Junkware, and you cannot get rid of it. Just set up a Junk Folder, move the icons to it, and hide the folder. About the only way to get rid of it. Even if you delete the service books, they will come back.
    07-06-09 09:40 PM
    So I did the upgrade and now I no longer get audible email notifications. Figured I need to just go into profiles and set 'em up again but...can't edit any of the profiles. Press the trackball to select "Normal" and nothing happens in edit. Facebook is fried as well.
    Any suggestions? Please.
    07-06-09 10:16 PM
    So I did the upgrade and now I no longer get audible email notifications. Figured I need to just go into profiles and set 'em up again but...can't edit any of the profiles. Press the trackball to select "Normal" and nothing happens in edit. Facebook is fried as well.
    Any suggestions? Please.

did you do a battery pull? if that doesn't work try wiping your phone completely and reloading your os.... and remember to make backups
    07-06-09 10:23 PM
    u selected the sound icon, and then went down to advanced, and then selected normal right?
    07-06-09 10:49 PM
    u selected the sound icon, and then went down to advanced, and then selected normal right?
    or that^^^^^ lol
    07-06-09 11:32 PM
    Has any ones battery life gotten worse with this update?

Yes, ridiculously so! For the past few days I've averaged about 1O hours with light usage.
    07-06-09 11:38 PM
    Hi everyone. I just recently installed the 282 upgrade. The upgrade itself went smooth as silk and took approximately twenty five minutes. All my apps are running much quicker and it is such a pleasure to have the option to switch to EDGE when needed. I live and work in the NYC metro area and the 3G is fine early in the morning but around 1200 pm its starts to go belly up. EDGE really does have a much clearer call quality, at least for me. One thing though. After installing the new OS, the device no longer recognized my memory card and I had to reformat it. This was no big deal to me because all I really kept on it was music and photos. I had all of it backed up on my pc and just put everything back on. Somthing to keep in mind if anyone has anything of vital importance stored on the card. I would recommend the upgrade especially to anyone who is frustrated from time to time with the call quality of the 3g network. When I need the quick download speed I just simply switch back. To me the upgrade was worth it. Good luck!
    07-07-09 02:23 AM
    Thats weird Shqiptar... I didnt have that problem with the upgrade but then again I had completely wiped the phone clean then installed it.
    07-07-09 07:21 AM
    Any suggestions? Please.
    Might also just try resending your service books. I always do that following an OS upgrade/reload (in addition to the battery pull).
    07-07-09 09:01 AM
    Upgraded from .185 to .282 Rogers yesterday. I start off with around 47 MB free but it drops to around 37. Before updating I hovered around 27 MB so it is much improved. The browser seems a little faster, I cannot tell if battery is better or worse yet. Radio signal seems about equal. The slow picture loading from my micro SD card is present and very annoying. Overall I am not sure if this upgrade was worth it, only time will tell. At least it went incredibly smoothly after all the tips on removing visual voicemail and such.
    07-07-09 09:07 AM
    Upgraded from .185 to .282 Rogers yesterday. I start off with around 47 MB free but it drops to around 37. Before updating I hovered around 27 MB so it is much improved. The browser seems a little faster, I cannot tell if battery is better or worse yet. Radio signal seems about equal. The slow picture loading from my micro SD card is present and very annoying. Overall I am not sure if this upgrade was worth it, only time will tell. At least it went incredibly smoothly after all the tips on removing visual voicemail and such.
    If the pics annoy u that much get .266 its been really good to me.... U won't be able to toggle the edge and 3g but the os is very fast and the pics load up incredibly fast.... U can find directions on how to downgrade.... Just brick ur phone and then load .266 to it.... If u need help feel free to pm me.

07-07-09 09:40 AM
    Anybody have any issues with bedside mode not working correctly with this version? The screen dims as it should but then goes dark completely after about a minute even when I have it in a dock. I really want to keep the clock on all night next to my bed.
    07-07-09 10:18 AM
    Anyone uses this OS version in Asia Pacific region and what do you think of the SW? The .266 is made official by many operators in Singapore and works even better than the .247 (quick battery drain, although much better than .216 which was official stock fw).

My only concern if this is more suitable in those area using EDGE more than 3G. Would be great to hear few members to confirm this works great in Asia networks than .266 before upgrading.
    07-07-09 10:43 AM
    OK not afraid...I literally just downgraded from 282 to 247 and dont feel like doing it again.

Oh i have a question...if I am installing the official software for my carrier do i have to delete the vendor file?
    I'm on rogers and I've never had to delete the vendor file for any OS upgrade (beta or official).

I recall reading somewhere that rogers phones are unlocked to begin with.
    07-07-09 11:57 AM
    I've had about all the fun I can handle from one OS, namely BOTH versions of .282 Like I said before, CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THAT ARE ON .282 AND ARE HAPPY! After having done this FOUR TIMES, that's it! It's enough to make me go BUY A IPHONE! Between the poor RF signal reception to the slow show time for pictures, I'M BACK ON .266 AND EXTREMELY HAPPY!!! Why do we all beat ourselves to death trying to get the very latest operating systems anyway? My boss has a Bold and is on the original AT&T with the original operating system and raves about his Bold ALL THE TIME! This may have been the last update that I do for a long time (and it's really the first that I was NOT HAPPY WITH)... I've got work to do, a family and a LIFE! What am I doing this all for? Am I NUTS? (Please don't answer that!!!) Hey folks, the Bold is a GREAT phone and it's hard to improve on that!! I think I'll just enjoy it for a while and use the spare time that I'm not using to upgrade OS and have a beer, or maybe a LOT OF BEERS!! Good evening! Stop upgrading and go read a book, watch TV, spend time with your family, but for pete's sake, put that darn Bold down for a while!!!
    07-07-09 03:26 PM
    I've had about all the fun I can handle from one OS, namely BOTH versions of .282 Like I said before, CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THAT ARE ON .282 AND ARE HAPPY! After having done this FOUR TIMES, that's it! It's enough to make me go BUY A IPHONE! Between the poor RF signal reception to the slow show time for pictures, I'M BACK ON .266 AND EXTREMELY HAPPY!!! Why do we all beat ourselves to death trying to get the very latest operating systems anyway? My boss has a Bold and is on the original AT&T with the original operating system and raves about his Bold ALL THE TIME! This may have been the last update that I do for a long time (and it's really the first that I was NOT HAPPY WITH)... I've got work to do, a family and a LIFE! What am I doing this all for? Am I NUTS? (Please don't answer that!!!) Hey folks, the Bold is a GREAT phone and it's hard to improve on that!! I think I'll just enjoy it for a while and use the spare time that I'm not using to upgrade OS and have a beer, or maybe a LOT OF BEERS!! Good evening! Stop upgrading and go read a book, watch TV, spend time with your family, but for pete's sake, put that darn Bold down for a while!!!
    I'm with ya.
    07-07-09 03:41 PM
    I downloaded 282 and saved to my desktop, double clicked and installed but when I opened apploader, it installed the same os I already had, 247.
    What did I do wrong? Help please!
    07-07-09 04:33 PM
    I downloaded 282 and saved to my desktop, double clicked and installed but when I opened apploader, it installed the same os I already had, 247.
    What did I do wrong? Help please!
    Use Crackmem and select your OS from there. You can also remove VVM and Vendor files all at the same time.
    07-07-09 04:36 PM
    Use Crackmem and select your OS from there. You can also remove VVM and Vendor files all at the same time.
    I tried that too. I selected 282, and it didn't install.
    07-07-09 04:38 PM
    Go to Add/Remove Programs and delete 247.
    07-07-09 04:40 PM
    Go to Add/Remove Programs and delete 247.
    OK, I removed it. So will 282 install now? or do I need to do something else?
    07-07-09 04:57 PM
1,228 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD